Kevin Love is an American professional basketball player for the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association. He is a five-time All-Star and won an NBA championship with the Cavaliers in 2016. He was also a member of the gold medal-winning USA men’s national team at the 2010 FIBA World Championship and the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Kevin Wesley Love
Professional Basketball Player
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kevin Love was born on 7 September 1988, in Santa Monica, California, United States.
He is currently 30 years old.
Kevin went to Lake Oswego High School in Oregon where he competed for the Lake Oswego Lakers. In July 2006, Love accepted the scholarship from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). After the end of his freshman year, Love decided to forgo his last years at UCLA and entered the 2008 NBA Draft instead.
- Father – Stan Love (former NBA player)
- Mother – Karen Love
- Siblings – Collin Love (Older Brother), Emily Love (Younger Sister)
- Relatives – Mike Love (Uncle) (Founder of the band The Beach Boys), Kathleen McCartney Hearst (Aunt) (Former Triathlete)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin Love dated –
- Cody Horn (2014-Present) – Kevin is currently in a relationship with the American actress and model, Cody Horn.
- In feet – 6 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 208 cm
- In meters – 2.08 m
- In Kilograms – 114 kg
- In Pounds – 251 lbs
- Measurements – 47-16-37
- Chest – 47 inches
- Biceps / Arms – 16 inches
- Waist – 37 inches
He wears a size 19 (US) shoe.
Being one of the best scoring power forwards in NBA during his time at Minnesota Timberwolves. Love is also known for winning the NBA title in 2016 as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
On October 29, 2008, Kevin Love made his NBA debut against Sacramento Kings, playing for Minnesota Timberwolves, in which he scored 12 points, grabbing a total of 9 rebounds. Minnesota won the match scoring 98-96 over the Sacramento Kings.
Shooting, Dribbing, Post Moves, Fundamentals, Scoring
Defense, Energy, Strength and Explosiveness, Leadership
He has not acted in a theatrical film yet. Has done some documentaries.
Kevin first appeared in the TV series Entourage as himself in 2010. He then appeared as himself in sports talk-show Rome Is Burning.
In 2011, Kevin signed a lucrative 6 year deal with the Chinese shoe company 361 Degrees and also invested a hefty amount of money in a lifestyle online retailer, 12Society. In 2016, Love became the new style ambassador and campaign model for Banana Republic.
Kevin love Favorites
- Favorite Subjects in School – Business related
- Favorite Sport to Watch Outside Basketball – NFL
- Favorite Team – Dallas (NFL)
Kevin Love Net worth
Kevin Love’s net worth stands at $50 million dollars as of 2019 with an annual salary of $15 million dollars.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Kevin Love
- Instagram – kevinlove
- Twitter – Kevin Love
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kevin Love
- He started playing basketball at a young age. Love watched tapes of Wes Unseld, a former NBA star that played for Baltimore / Washington Bullets. He also trained his bounce passes with a cardboard box.
- Love was named consensus first-team All-American, Pac-10 Player of the Year, All-Pac-10, and Pac-10 Freshman of the Year.
- Love was named a consensus First Team All-American and was voted the player of the year in the Pac-12 Conference.
- Love graced the cover for the video game NCAA Basketball 09.
- He was one of the featured stars in the film Gunnin’ for That No. 1 Spot.
- He appeared as himself on the Disney Channel show The Suite Life on Deck during the season 3 episode Twister: Part 1 along with Dwight Howard and Deron Williams.
- He appeared in the HBO television series Entourage in its seventh season finale Lose Yourself.
- In 2009, Kevin joined the St. Jude charity program and helped the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- He appeared in the 2010 NBA All-Star Weekend Rookie Challenge.
- In 2011, he singed a record contract of worth $62 million with Minnesota Timber wolves. Though, he demanded for five years and wanted to be team’s designated player, they mutually settled on four years with a player option for Love to opt out after the third year.
- In January 25, 2012, Love extended his contract with Timberwolves for another four years for a price of 62 million dollars.
- In 2012, he appeared in the second Pepsi Max edition of “Uncle Drew” with future teammate Kyrie Irving. Love is also an investor in the lifestyle website 12Society.
- In August 2014, Kevin was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers in a three-team trade.
- In June 24, 2015, Love opted out of the final year of his contract, worth $16.7 million in 2015–16, to return to free agency.
- In 2016, Love became the new style ambassador and campaign model for Banana Republic.