Jasprit Bumrah is a famous Indian cricketer who represents Indian cricket team in ODI (One Day International) and T20I (Twenty20 International). He is widely known for his unorthodox bowling action and stump-to-stump yorker deliveries. His bowling speed varies between 140-145 kilometers per hour and hence makes him one of India’s fastest bowlers. After a couple of moderately successful seasons with the Mumbai Indians at the Indian Premier League and with his domestic team Gujarat, he was named in India’s squad for its 2015–16 series against Australia, as a replacement to an injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar. He consequently made his debut in One Day Internationals & Twenty20 Internationals in 2015–16 series against Australia. He is the first Asian bowler to take 5 wickets in a test innings in South Africa, England and Australia during the same calendar year. He is also tḥe third highest wicket taker in test matches in a debut year with 48 wickets in 8 matches. In August 2019, he became the 3rd bowler for India who took a hat-trick in a test match against the India-West Indies series. He has earned the name of Yorker King and Death Over Bowling because of his lethal yorker deliveries.
Jasprit Jasbirsingh Bumrah
Jassi, JB, Bumrah
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jasprit Bumrah was born on the 6th of December 1993, in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
He is currently 25 years old.
Jasprit completed his education from Nirman High School, Ahmedabad. When he was 14 years old, he decided to become a cricketer. In 2012, he started playing as a bowler for the Gujarat Under-19 team. In 2012-2013 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, he played his first T20 match against Maharashtra and won the title of the Man of the Match. He did not attend college after completing his 12th standard.
- Father – Late Jasbir Singh
- Mother – Daljit Bumrah (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Juhika Bumrah
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jasprit Bumrah has dated –
- Raashi Khanna (2018) – Bumrah and actress Raashi Khanna were rumored to be dating in 2018. However, soon that rumored was cleared off when she said in an interview that she has never even met Bumrah.
- Anupama Parameswaran (2019) – Anupama, a Malayalam actress and Jasprit started following each other on Twitter and since then the rumors started coming of the two dating each other but she has denied all such reports.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 155 lbs
- Measurements – 38–12–30
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
His shoe size is 10 (US).
His speed of bowling and unorthodox bowling style that gives him an edge over the others to bowl yorkers.
IPL Match Debut
In 2013, he started playing for the Mumbai Indians (MI) which was also his IPL debut. In his first IPL match, he took 3 wickets for 32 runs against the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and became the second bowler who picked three wickets in his debut.
ODI Match Debut
In August 2016, Bumrah made his ODI debut against West Indies.
T20I Match Debut
In January 2016, His T20 debut was against Australia.
Test Match Debut
He made his test debut in 2018 against South Africa at Newlands in Cape Town. He got a maiden test wicket in his debut match.
Bumrah has been a part of various commercials like: Boat Nirvana, Redmi K20 Pro, Dream 11, Cello, Beardo, MuscleBlaze, Asics India, Skybags, Estrolo, Seagram’s Royal Stag & Zaggle.
Jasprit Bumrah Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actress – Katrina Kaif
- Favorite Movie – Sholay
- Favorite Cricketer – Sachin Tendulkar
- Favorite Bowler – Colin Croft, Lasith Malinga, Zaheer Khan
- Favorite Song – Badtameez Dil from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
- Favorite Ball – Yorker
- Favorite Colors – White, Black
- Favorite Pets – Dog
- Favorite Food – Dhokla
Jasprit Bumrah Net worth
Jasprit Bumrah has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2019 and his annual income is around $2 million. In 2019, his Retainer Fee is ₹8 crore, Test Fee is ₹18 lakh, ODI Fee is ₹8 lakh, and T20 Fee is ₹4 lakh.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jasprit Bumrah
- Bumrah was just seven years old when he lost his father.
- Kishore Trivedi was Jasprit’s coach when he was still studying in school.
- He decided to make a career in cricket at the age of 14.
- In 2013, he joined the Mumbai Indians (MI) IPL team before playing any first-class domestic match.
- He plays the first-class cricket for Gujarat.
- He once said that Lasith Malinga taught him to bowl yorkers.
- Bumrah plays first-class cricket for Gujarat and he made his debut against Vidarbha in October 2013 during the 2013–14 season.
- Mumbai Indians coach John Wright was the one who first noticed his talent during the 2013 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- His first wicket in IPL that he took was of Virat Kohli.
- Jasprit didn’t make any run in his first 35 International matches, but he took more than 50 wickets.
- In January 2017, in the second match of T20I series of England’s 2016–17 India tour, Bumrah played a crucial role in India’s win.
- He was also named in the T20 XI of the years 2016 and 2017 by ESPNCricinfo and in 2017 by Cricbuzz
- In June 2017, when the Jaipur Police used the meme of his no ball to Pakistan’s Fakhar Zaman in the ICC Champions Trophy final, he got fumed and showed his displeasure via Twitter.
- In November 2017, he was named in India’s Test squad for their series against South Africa. He made his Test debut for India against South Africa at Newlands in Cape Town on 5 January 2018
- In 2018, he became the 1st Asian bowler to pick a 5 wicket haul in Australia, England, and South Africa in the same calendar year.
- In August 2019, Bumrah took his fourth Test five-wicket haul against the West Indies in the first Test match of India tour of West Indies 2019, at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, with figures of 5/7 in the 2nd innings. In the second Test match, he became the third bowler for India to take a hat-trick in a Test match.
- In September 2019, He was featured in the issue of the ELLE magazine.