Jennifer Winget is an Indian television actress known for her portrayal of Kumud Desai in Saraswatichandra, Maya Mehrotra in Beyhadh and Zoya Siddiqui in Bepannah. She began acting at the age of 12 appearing as a child artist and went on to host a number of television shows during her teenage. She is one of the highest paid actress in the Indian television industry and obviously the most popular celebrity in Bollywood.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jennifer Winget was born on the 30th of May 1985 in Goregaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
She is currently 34 years old.
Jennifer attended St. Xavier’s High School in Mumbai. She graduated from K. J. Somiaya College of Science & Commerce in Mumbai.
- Father – Hemant Winget (works at Reliance Industries)
- Mother – Prabha Winget (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Moses Winget (Elder Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jennifer Winget has dated –
- Karan Singh Grover (2012-2014) – Jennifer met Karan Singh Grover for the first time on the sets of Kasautii Zindagii Kay. The duo fell in love while shooting for Dill Mill Gayye and started dating each other. They tied the knot on 9 April 2012. They have dated together for 7 years before deciding to marry. Jennifer wore a white gown designed by her friend, Jerry D’Souza. In November 2014, Karan Singh Grover confirmed via Twitter that he and Jennifer have split and will soon be getting divorced.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 52 kg
- In Pounds – 115 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
She appeared in the TV serials like Kkusum, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Karthika, Kahin To Hoga and Sangam. In 2009, she portrayed the role of Dr. Riddhima Gupta in the medical romance drama Dill Mill Gayye and earned wide popularity. In 2013, she bagged the role of Kumud in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saraswatichandra. Her performance in the serial was liked by the audience and even earned her the Best Actress Critics Award at the Indian Television Academy Awards.
She made her onscreen debut as a child artists with the 1995 film Akele Hum Akele Tum. In 2003, she did a minor comic role in the film Kuch Naa Kaho for her role as Pooja. In 2018, her first adult role came when she was cast in the Bollywood film, Phir Se as Kajal Kapoor.
In 2002, Jennifer Winget started her career as an actress by playing the role of Piya in the TV show Shaka Laka Boom Boom as a child, when she was 12 years old.
Jennifer has done endorsement work for the following brands: Krack Cream (2011), Paese Cosmetics India (for which Jennifer is the official ambassador) & Meena Bazaar.
Awards & Nominations
|2007||Indian Telly Awards||Best Supporting Actress||Kasautii Zindagii Kay||Nominated|
|2013||Gold Awards||Most Fit Actress||N/A||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress (Drama)||Saraswatichandra||Won|
|Best Actress (Popular)||Nominated|
|2014||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress (Jury)||Won|
|Best Actress in a Lead Role||Nominated|
|2016||Asiavision Television Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2017||Lions Gold Awards||Best Actress (Jury)||Beyhadh||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Won|
|2018||Gold Awards||Best Actress (Jury)||Bepannah||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress (Popular)||Nominated|
|Best Actress (Drama)||Nominated|
|2019||Lions Gold Awards||Best Actress (Popular)||Won|
|Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress In Lead Role||Won|
|Best Jodi(With Harshad Chopda)||Nominated|
Jennifer Winget Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Rani Mukerji
- Favorite Destination – Malaysia, Singapore, London, Bangkok
- Favorite Colors – White, Pink, Black
- Favorite Brand – DKNY Black Cashmere Mist
- Favorite Drinks – Lemon Iced Tea, Wine
- Favorite Food – Fast Food (Burger, Pizza), South Indian Food, Chocolate, Pani Puri, Maaki Rolls
- Favorite Movie – Andaz Apna Apna (1994)
- Favorite Cuisine – Mughlai
- Favorite Outfit – Black Dress
Jennifer Winget Net worth
Jennifer Winget has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019. Winget lives in a luxury apartment in a posh area of Mumbai, She owns a Ranger Rover and a BMW Series 5 sedan.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jennifer Winget
- Jennifer was born to a Marathi Christian father and Punjabi Hindu mother.
- She started acting at the age of ten as a child actress.
- Jennifer has starred in Akele Hum Akele Tum, Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya and Kuch Naa Kaho as a child artist.
- Jennifer is a food junkie and regularly visits Mcdonalds and Subway.
- She hates to hit the gym for a workout. Then, wondering how she maintains to be fit? She takes plenty of vegetable juices to stay fit and slim.
- She loves playing with her pet dogs.
- She loves sweet dishes.
- She was also included in the Television’s Top 10 Actresses list by Rediff and 35 Hottest Actresses in Indian Television by MensXP.com.
- She is very close friends with actress Drashti Dhami.
- She has featured on the cover of the TMM magazine.
- In 2009, she replaced Shilpa Anand as Riddhima Gupta in the show Dill Mill Gayye.
- In 2012, Jennifer was ranked 21 in the Sexiest Asian Women list of the Eastern Eye.
- Jennifer Winget is obsessed with Rani Mukerji’s role in the film Black.
- In 2013, she starred in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s television show Saraswatichandra as Kumud Desai opposite Gautam Rode. For her performance she won the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress Critics.
- In 2016, Winget portrayed the role of Maya Mehrotra in Sony TV’s Beyhadh. For her performance she won numerous awards and appreciation.
- In July 2017, Jennifer went bald (using makeup) for her negative role of Maya Mehrothra in the TV show Beyhadh.
- In 2018, she was ranked 14th in the Biz Asia’s TV Personality list.
- In 2018, she was ranked at #14 in Biz Asia’s TV Personality list. That same year, she grabbed a spot in Eastern Eye’s Sexiest Asian Women List, ranking at 13th place.
- In 2018, she played the role of Zoya Siddiqui in Colors TV’s Bepannaah opposite Harshad Chopda.