Harmeet Singh is a famous Indian singer and music director. He formed the popular music director duo Meet Bros along with his elder brother, Manmeet Singh. Meet Bros most well known and critically acclaimed songs are Baby Doll from Ragini MMS 2 and Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan from Roy. Both songs feature the vocals of Kanika Kapoor and the latter was part of a soundtrack that fetched them multiple awards including the Filmfare Award for Best Music Director, the Screen Award for Best Music Director and the IIFA Award for Best Music Director.
Harmeet Singh Gulzar
Singer, Music Director, Actor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Harmeet Singh was born on the 25th of August 1980, in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India.
He is currently 39 years old.
Harmeet did his schooling from The Scindia School in Gwalior and completed his graduation from Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, India.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Nirupam Kaur
- Siblings – Manmeet Singh (Singer, Music Director and Actor) (Elder Brother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harmeet Singh has dated –
- Shefali Jariwala (2005-2009) – In 2005, Harmeet got married to Shefali Jariwala the model of Kaanta Laga song. Their marriage lasted for four years, and the couple got separated in 2009.
- Sunaina Singh (2010-Present)– Harmeet started dating Sunaina Singh. The couple got married in 2010 and they are blessed with a son.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 177 cm
- In meters – 1.77 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 168 lbs
His shoe size is 9 (US).
Most well-known and critically acclaimed songs are Baby Doll from Ragini MMS 2 (2014), Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan from Roy (2015), High Heels from Ki & Ka (2016) and Dil Ka Telephone from Dream Girl (2019).
In 2002, Harmeet singing his first solo song Jogi Singh Barnala Singh. In 2010, they formed a group of three with Anjjan Bhattacharya as the third member and named their group- Meet Bros Anjjan. In 2015, with the mutual consent of the trio, Anjjan left the group.
Harmeet started their career in acting with the TV serial Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (2000) and later appeared in the TV serials like Kkusum (2001) and Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr (2002).
Harmeet has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Awards & Nominations
|2015||7th Mirchi Music Awards||Best Song Producer (Programming & Arranging)||Baby Doll from Ragini MMS 2||Won|
|2016||61st Filmfare Awards||Best Music Director||Roy||Won|
|6th GiMA Awards||Best Music Director||Nominated|
|Best Film Album||Won|
|17th IIFA Awards||Best Music||Won|
|8th Mirchi Music Awards||Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Listeners’ Choice Album of the Year||Won|
|22nd Screen Awards||Best Music Director||Won|
|11th Star Guild Awards||Best Music||Won|
|Zee Cine Awards 2016||Best Music||Nominated|
|2017||9th Mirchi Music Awards||Indie Pop Song of the Year||Befikra||Nominated|
Harmeet Singh Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar
- Favorite Actress – Priyanka Chopra
- Favorite Destination – Paris
- Favorite Colors – White, Pink, Black
- Favorite Singer – R.D. Burman, Jagjit Singh
- Favorite Food – North-Indian Cuisines, Italian-Cuisines
- Favorite Movie – Andaz Apna Apna (1994)
- Favorite Sportsman – Sachin Tendulkar
Harmeet Singh Net worth
Harmeet Singh has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2019. Meet Bros charges Rs. 12 to 13 lakhs per song.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Harmeet Singh
- Instagram – radhikaofficial
- Twitter – Harmeet Singh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Harmeet Singh
- The famous music director duo Meet Bros consists of Harmeet Singh and Manmeet Singh. Harmeet is the younger brother of Manmeet Singh.
- His mother used to listen to old songs when he was a kid. Harmeet and his brother, Manmeet had started developing an interest in music, since then.
- Harmeet, along with his elder brother Manmeet, participated in an inter-school kirtan competition when he was in 1st class.
- Harmeet loves reading, dancing and travelling in his leisure time.
- The legendary Bollywood singer, Late Mahendra Kapoor, was performing in Gwalior. He spotted Meet Bros and asked them to visit Mumbai and try their luck in Hindi music industry.
- As per the sources, they both used to work at FM radio station in Gwalior.
- After the success of Meet Bros’s first solo song Jogi Singh Barnala Singh (2002), they shifted their focus to singing.
- He got a tattoo of a guitar inked on his arm.
- An FIR was launched against Harmeet for his assaulting behavior by his ex-wife Shefali Jariwala.
- In 2010, they formed the trio Meet Bros Anjjan including Anjjan Bhattacharya as the third member but in 2015, with mutual consent of the three members, Anjjan left the group.
- Meet Bros were accused of copying the Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan song from a Baloch song.
- The famous singer, Kanika Kapoor, is a rakhi sister of Meet Bros and they consider her as their lucky mascot.