Keke Palmer is an American actress, singer, songwriter and television personality. Palmer released her debut album, So Uncool, on September 18, 2007, through Atlantic Records. The album failed to chart on the US Billboard 200 but did chart at number 85 on the R&B chart. The album was preceded by the second single Keep It Movin. She made her acting debut in the 2004 film Barbershop 2: Back in Business and rose to prominence in 2006 for her breakthrough role in Akeelah and the Bee as well as starring in Madea’s Family Reunion. In 2019, Palmer became co-host of daytime talk show Strahan, Sara and Keke on ABC alongside Sara Haines and Michael Strahan.
Lauren Keyana Palmer
Singer, Actress, Songwriter
Atlantic, Interscope, Island
Birthday / Date of Birth
Keke Palmer was born on the 26th of August 1993, in Harvey, Illinois, United States.
She’s currently 30 years old.
Keke attended Rickover Jr. High School and St. Benedict School before enrolling to homeschooling program as she became busy with shoots lately.
- Father – Larry Palmer (Works for polyurethane company)
- Mother – Sharon Palmer (High school teacher, who teaches children with mental disabilities)
- Siblings – Lawrencia Palmer (Sister), L’Oreal Palmer (Sister), Lawrence Palmer (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keke Palmer has dated –
- Corbin Bleu (2007) – Corbin and Keke acted together on-screen in 2007 film Jump In! and started dating off-screen in the same year. Corbin is the neighbor of Keke and they are reportedly met in the school. Though, there is a 4 year age difference between them.
- Lil Twist (2009-2010) – From February 2009 until July 2010, American rapper Lil Twist dated singer-songwriter, Keke Palmer.
- Rodney King (2010-2013) – Keke dated Rodney King for three years from September 2010 until September 2013. She met her Guatemalan boyfriend for the first time in 2008 when he was brought on the set of True Jackson, VP by Patrick Johnson, Jr. She had a crush on him from that instant but didn’t start dating until he was 21.
- Quincy Brown (2013-2017) – In October 2013, Keke started dating actor Quincy Brown. Their cozy equation on social media gave the indication to the fans that they were indeed a couple. However, this relationship also came to an end by 2017.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 32-24-33
- Bust – 32 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Keke landed her first breakthrough role in the Nickelodeon sitcom True Jackson, VP (2008). She was cast as True Jackson a 15 year old girl who becomes vice president of a billion dollar fashion company, a role which she played from 2008 to 2011. She won several awards for her work including four NAACP Image Awards and one BET Awards.
In September 2007, Palmer released her debut album So Uncool under Atlantic Records in USA. The album peaked at #85 on the US R&B/HH and #26 on the US Heat charts. The album is less than 43 minutes long with 12 tracks.
In 2004, Keke first acting debut came when she was cast for a small role as Gina’s niece in the comedy-drama film, Barbershop 2: Back in Business.
In 2004, Palmer guest appeared in American police procedural television series, Cold Case for her role as Arlene Marion in an episode titled The Letter.
She has has appeared in an Acuvue commercial.
Keke Palmer Net worth
Keke Palmer has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Keke Palmer
- Palmer developed a liking for music at a very young age and started singing at her church in her hometown of Robbins, Illinois.
- Keke was first recognized for her performance at a stage show at a Chicago tourist destination.
- She moved to California with her family to pursue her acting interests.
- She is an active philanthropist. She is connected to various charities.
- Keke has cited singers Brandy, Aaliyah, Beyoncé Knowles, Ciara, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston as her biggest musical influences.
- She is close friends with Carlysia Levert, daughter of late American R&B singer Gerald Levert.
- In 2007, Palmer starred in many acting roles, she was a supporting act in the thriller Cleaner alongside Samuel L. Jackson and Eva Mendes.
- In 2010, she was signed by the Chairman of Interscope Records, Jimmy Iovine and began working on an album.
- In January 2011, Keke released her first mixtape Awaken. The mixtape was officially released on January 10, 2011, for downloads on mixtape-downloading websites.
- In 2012, Palmer starred alongside Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah in the film Joyful Noise, released in January 2012.
- In 2013, she portrayed Rozonda Chilli Thomas in the TLC VH1-biopic CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story.
- In 2014, she played Ella in the Broadway musical Cinderella. With that, she became the first African-American to play the title role.
- In 2016, her memoir was released, titled I Don’t Belong to You: Quiet the Noise and Find Your Voice.
- In June 26, 2016, she released a previously unreleased album she recorded when she was 16, now titled Waited to Exhale.
- In September 13, 2017, Palmer will join as a series regular in the third season of the VH1 slasher television series Scream.
- In 2019, as part of the #YouKnowMe campaign, she shared she had an abortion via twitter.
- In April 2019, Keke began guest co-hosting ABC’s daytime talk show Strahan and Sara, sporadically filling in for co-host Michael Strahan and more regularly beginning in June during co-host Sara Haines’ maternity leave.
- In August 26, 2019, Palmer would join the show permanently, becoming its third co-host alongside Haines and Strahan. In turn, the show was re-titled Strahan, Sara and Keke.
- In September 2019, Keke starred opposite Jennifer Lopez and Constance Wu in Hustlers, directed by Lorene Scafaria.
- In November 2019, she was honored alongside actresses, singers, politicians, activists, and others (such as Lilly Singh, Blackpink, Pete Buttigieg or Awkwafina) in the Time 100 Next 2019 for the Phenoms Category.
- In November 10, 2019, Keke was part of the song Giants, as Senna, by a virtual group True Damage in League of Legends for the 2019 World Championship.