Nicole Maines is an American actress also known for being Susan Doe in the Maine Supreme Judicial Court case Doe v. Regional School Unit 26 regarding gender identity and bathroom use in schools. Maines, who is transgender was barred from using female bathroom after a complaint, however the court ruled denying a transgender student access to the bathroom consistent with their gender identity is unlawful. Nicole has a mild social media fan base with more than 10k followers on Instagram and more than 10k followers on Twitter.
Wyatt Benjamin Maines (Later changed to Nicole Amber Maines)
Actress, Transgender Activist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nicole Maines was born on October 07, 1997 in Gloversville, New York, United States.
She is currently 21 years old.
Portland, Maine, United States
Nicole Maines studied at the Asa C. Adams Elementary School and Orono Middle School in Maine. She completed her high school in Waynflete High School in Portland, Maine. She joined the University of Maine, to study studio arts, new media and communications in 2015.
- Father – Wayne Maines
- Mother – Kelly Maines
- Siblings – Jonas Maines (Identical Twin Brother)
Nicole is represented by Steven Simon of California-based Landis-Simon Productions and Talent Management.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nicole Maines has dated –
Nicole Maines has rarely spoken about her personal life in public which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about her love life.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 156 lbs
- Measurements – 34-27-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 33C
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘green’ or ‘blue’.
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Winning a court case in the Doe v. Regional School Unit 26, where for the first time, a judge ruled that it was unlawful for any school body to deny a student from accessing a bathroom on the basis of their gender identity rather than their physical sex. It was seen as a major victory for the transgender community. Appearing in the transgender role in numerous TV series like USA Network’s show Royal Pains (2015).
She is yet to debut in a theatrical film.
In 2015, she made her first TV show appearance on the comedy-drama series Royal Pains as Anna.
Nicole Maines hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
- Oval face
- Beautiful smile
Nicole Maines Favorite
Her favorite things are not known.
Nicole Maines Net Worth
Nicole Maines estimated Net worth is around $500,000 dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – nicoleamaines
- Twitter – Nicole Maines
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nicole Maines
- Nicole Maines and her twin brother were adopted at birth from Kelly’s second cousin.
- At the age of 3, she was certain that she was a transgender.
- While changing her name from Wyatt, she chose Nicole as she felt a connection to that particular character from Nickelodeon’s Zoey 101.
- In 2015, Washington Post writer Amy Ellis Nutt released a book based on the journey of the Maines family and their coming to terms with Nicole’s new identity under the title Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family.
- Nicole was included in HBO’s documentary which was about 11 transgender individuals titled The Trans List in 2016.
- In 2018, Nicole became the first transgender to play a superhero character on a TV series. She played Nia Nal / Dream Girl on The CW series Supergirl.
- She was included in Glamour magazine’s “50 Most Inspiring Women Of The Year” list in 2014.
- In 2014, she made it to the list of “14 Most Fearless Teens Of 2014”.
- In May 2016, she appeared on TED Talks to share her experience as a transgender.