Kehlani is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. In 2014, Kehlani released her first commercial mixtape, Cloud 19. The mixtape was listed as one of the Complex‘s “50 Best Albums of 2014”. Her second commercial mixtape, You Should Be Here, debuted at number 5 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart, preceded by her sold-out North American promotional tour. In 2016, she was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Urban Contemporary Album for You Should Be Here. On May 8, 2020, Kehlani released her second studio album It Was Good Until It Wasn’t.
Kehlani Ashley Parrish
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer
R&B, Hip-hop, Neo-soul, Pop
HBK Gang, Atlantic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kehlani was born on the 24th of April 1995, in Oakland, California, United States.
She’s currently 25 years old.
She is of American African, Spanish, Native American, and Filipino descent.
Kehlani was enrolled at the Oakland School for the Arts, where she initially practiced dance, particularly ballet and modern dance. However, after suffering a serious knee injury in the junior year, it dashed her hopes to learn dance at the prestigious Juilliard School and leading to her switching to singing.
- Father – Died when she was young. He was a surfer.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
- Relatives – Clyde Carson (Cousin), Marteen (Younger Cousin) (Singer, Songwriter, YouTube Star, Social Media Personality, Multi-Instrumentalist)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kehlani has dated –
- PartyNextDoor (2014-2015 and 2016) – In December 2014, Kehlani started going out with rapper PartyNextDoor. Their relationship came to an end in October 2015 as she dumped him after he had posted a picture of a scantily clad woman in his swimming pool. In March 2016, it was rumored that they had got back together after he shared the picture of her in his bed, which led to some backlash on social media.
- Kyrie Irving (2015-2016) – In 2015, Kehlani started dating basketball star Kyrie Irving. However, a couple of months later, Kehlani was accused of cheating on Kyrie after PartyNextDoor shared a picture of them together. But, Kehlani and Kyrie later revealed that they had ended their relationship by that time.
- Shaina Negrón (2017) – In 2017, Kehlani was linked with artist Shaina Negrón. They seemed to have separated by the end of the year.
- Dave East (2017-2018) – In December 2017, Kehlani had allegedly started dating rapper Dave East. The relationship is assumed to have gone until the summer of 2018.
- YG (2019-2020) – On September 6, 2019, Kehlani was dating West coast rapper YG but after three months of dating, Kehlani and YG broke up.
Note – On October 12, 2018, Kehlani announced that she was pregnant with her first child, a girl, on Instagram, with the father being Javaughn Young-White, who is her guitarist. On March 23, 2019, she gave birth to her daughter, Adeya Nomi Parrish Young-White at home.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123.5 lbs
- Measurements – 33-25-33
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 33 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Kehlani is famous as the popular singer with her hit singles, Lonely in December, 1st Position and Raw & True and mixtape, Cloud 19 (2014). She is being a part of the teen pop band, Poplyfe that managed to reach final of the America’s Got Talent.
In January 2017, Kehlani released her debut studio album, SweetSexySavage which was released on Atlantic Records. It reached #1 in Top Hip Hop albums in the U.S.
In 2015, Kehlani made her first Television show appearance as himself in the talk show series, Skee TV.
Kehlani has advertised for Snipes.com sneaker and streetwear.
- Favorite Actor – Will Smith
- Favorite Role Model – Beyoncé
- Favorite Artist – Lauryn Hill
- Favorite Restaurant – Baohaus in New York City
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Food – Double Spicy Chicken Deluxe with Polynesian Sauce
Kehlani Net worth
Kehlani has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kehlani
- Before making it big as a singer, she did several miscellaneous jobs including working at an ice cream parlor and at a Hot Topic clothing store.
- Kehlani loves to get tattooed and got her first tattoo at the age of 16.
- Before the knee injury ended her hopes of becoming a professional dancer, she had undertaken ballet classes as well.
- In 2014, she released his first mixtape, Cloud 19 which ranked 28th on the Complex list of the “50 best albums of 2014”.
- In April 2015, Kehlani released his second mixtape, You should be here which was the first major R&B album of the year. The song ranked number 5 on the billboard of the United States.
- In March 2016, she was featured on English singer and friend Zayn on his single, Wrong from his debut solo studio album Mind of Mine.
- In December 2017, Kehlani was featured on American rapper Eminem’s single Nowhere Fast, from his ninth studio album Revival.
- In April 2018, she was featured on American rapper Cardi B‘s single Ring, from her debut studio album, Invasion of Privacy The song entered at number 28 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- In February 2019, her third commercial mixtape While We Wait was released by Atlantic Records and debuted at number nine on the US Billboard 200.
- In January 2020, she was featured on Canadian singer Justin Bieber‘s promotional single Get Me from his fifth studio album, Changes.
- In May 2020, Kehlani released her second studio studio album, It Was Good Until It Wasn’t. It debuted at number two on the US Billboard 200.
- Visit her official website @ kehlanimusic.com.