Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar, known professionally as Cardi B, is an American rapper, singer and songwriter. She became an Internet celebrity after several of her posts and videos went viral on Vine and Instagram. From 2015 to 2017, she appeared as a regular cast member on the VH1 reality television series Love & Hip Hop: New York to follow her music aspirations and released two mixtapes- Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. In 2018, Cardi made the Time magazine on their annual list of “100 most influential people in the world.”
Belcalis Marlenis Almánzar
Cardi B, Bacardi
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Television Personality, Actress
KSR, Atlantic Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Cardi B was born on October 11, 1992 in Bronx, New York City, New York, USA.
She’s currently 26 years old.
Edgewater, New Jersey, United States
On her father’s side, she has Dominican ancestry, while, on her mother’s side, she is of Trinidadian descent.
Cardi B went to the Renaissance High School for Musical Theater & Technology. She later got enrolled at the Borough of Manhattan Community College. At the college, she took French and history courses. However, she dropped out before completing her education.
- Father – Was a cab driver
- Mother – Worked as a cashier
- Siblings – Hennessy Carolina (Sister) (Social Media Star, Television Personality)
- Others – She had a strained relationship with her stepfather.
Cardi B is managed by Shaft, who is a New York entertainment industry veteran. She is also represented by KSR Group LLC.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cardi B has dated –
- Offset (2017-2018) – The rumors of Cardi B dating Migos’ rapper Offset started swirling around by the turn of 2017. Offset debuted their relationship on social media in February 2017 as he live-streamed them sitting together inside NRG Stadium at the Super Bowl. Cardi confirmed their relationship about a week later by sharing their video on Instagram on Valentine’s Day. She even decided to cast him in her single, Lick, in which they put up quite a steamy show. In June, their relationship was reportedly complicated. They had been on and off for a couple of months at that time. However, by the end of the month, they seemed to be back together as they were pictured kissing while shopping on Rodeo Drive. In August, they created a minor controversy as a short video of Offset rubbing his crotch in a nightclub was posted on social media. On July 10, 2018, the couple welcomed their first child together, daughter Kulture Kiari Cephus. In September 2017, they had secretly married which they revealed later in June 2018. The couple split in 2018 which was revealed in December 2018. In December 2018, Offset and Cardi B were seen on the same jet ski in Puerto Rico during a holiday.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 37-27-38
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 34E
She wears a size 9 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
- Being cast as a member of the VH1 reality TV series, Love & Hip Hop: New York.
- The popularity of her single, Bodak Yellow, which managed to sneak into top 10 of the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Cardi B released her debut single titled “Bodak Yellow” on June 16, 2017 via Atlantic Records. She released her debut studio album, “Invasion of Privacy” on April 6, 2018. The album debuted at no. 1 on the US Billboard 200 as well as topped the music charts in Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, among other countries.
In 2015, Cardi B made her first TV show appearance in the reality series, Love & Hip Hop: New York.
Cardi B hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
- Curvaceous figure
- Cardi B caused significant controversy after throwing one of her shoes at and attempting to physically fight, fellow rapper Nicki Minaj at an after party hosted by Harper’s Bazaar during New York Fashion Week 2018. She later stated that Minaj had previously “liked” comments made by other users on social media, who spoke negatively about Cardi B’s abilities to take care of her newly born daughter. Minaj denied the accusations.
- After the release of “Girls”, a collaboration with Rita Ora, Bebe Rexha, and Charli XCX, in May 2018, Cardi B responded to the accusations of the song trivializing and sexualizing LGBT relationships. She stated on Twitter, “We never try [sic] to cause harm or had bad intentions with the song.” She then went on to say, “I personally myself [sic] had experiences with other women.”
Cardi B Awards
Cardi B received her first two nominations at the 2017 BET Awards. She won five awards at the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards and four more awards at 2018 BET Hip Hop Awards. She has received seven Grammy Award nominations. She has won three American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, a NRJ Music Award, two iHeartRadio Music Awards, two BET Awards, and a Billboard Music Award. She has earned two Guinness World Records: Most simultaneous Billboard US Hot 100 entries by a female and Most simultaneous Billboard US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Top 10 entries by a female.
Cardi B Favorites
- Favorite Food – Chinese, Mexican, Anything Cooked by her Grandmother
- Favorite Artist – Madonna, Lady Gaga
- Favorite Influences – Ivy Queen, Trina, Khia
- Favorite Spirit Animal – Monkey or Ape
Cardi B Net worth
Cardi B has a total net worth of $5 million dollars. She made $170,000 for her performances at Coachella music festival in California. She also revealed that the fee was fixed months before the release of her debut album and also she spent $300,000 of her own money on her set for Coachella.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cardi B
- She worked in a supermarket in Lower Manhattan and went on to become a stripper at the age of 19 after her former manager at the supermarket suggested to work at the strip club.
- In 2013, Cardi B started to garner fame after some of her videos went viral on social media, on Vine and her official Instagram page.
- In November 2015, Cardi B made her musical debut on Jamaican reggae fusion singer Shaggy’s remix to his single “Boom Boom”, alongside fellow Jamaican dancehall singer Popcaan.
- According to Billboard, Puerto Rican rapper Ivy Queen and Jamaican dancehall artist Spice were her biggest influences.
- In February 2017, she partnered with M.A.C and Rio Uribe’s Gypsy Sport for an event for New York Fashion Week.
- Cardi B made the cover of The Fader’s July/August 2017 Summer Music issue.
- She has won two iHeartRadio Music Awards and received two nominations at the 60th Grammy Awards: Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song for “Bodak Yellow”.
- In May 2018, she deleted her Instagram account and set her Twitter to private after a feud with fellow rapper Azealia Banks.
- In November 2018, she released a clothing line collection with Fashion Nova.
- Visit her official website @ cardibofficial.com & iamcardib.com.