Edward Norton is an American actor and filmmaker. He is known for his starring roles in hit movies such as Fight Club, Red Dragon, Kingdom of Heaven, The Illusionist, Moonrise Kingdom and The Grand Budapest Hotel. He has received multiple awards and nominations including a Golden Globe Award and three Academy Award nominations.
Edward Harrison Norton
Actor, Director, Producer, Activist, Entrepreneur
Birthday / Date of Birth
Edward Norton was born on the 18th of August 1969, in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
He’s currently 50 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Edward has English, Irish, German and Scots-Irish (Northern Irish) ancestry.
In 1987, he graduated from Wilde Lake High School in Columbia. He later attended Yale University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991.
- Father – Edward Mower Norton Jr. (Marine Lieutenant, Environmental Lawyer and Conservation Advocate)
- Mother – Lydia Robinson “Robin” (née Rouse) (English Teacher) (Died of brain tumor in 1997)
- Siblings – Molly Norton (Younger Sister), Jim Norton (Younger Brother)
- Relatives – James Rouse (Maternal Grandfather) (Entrepreneur, Founder of The Rouse Company and couple of others), Patty Rouse (Maternal Step-Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Edward Norton dated –
- Courtney Love (1996-1999) – In 1996, Edward then started dating musician Courtney Love. They were also engaged following their romantic relationship. Edward was the one who helped Courtney deal with her depression due to her then husband’s death Kurt Cobain. But, this relationship also saw an end and the engagement was called off in 1999.
- Salma Hayek (1999-2003) – Edward and Mexican actress Salma Hayek were an item for 4 years from July 1999 to June 2003.
- Shauna Robertson (2005-Present) – Canadian film producer, Shauna Robertson and Edward started dating in 2005. They got engaged in 2011 after Shauna was proposed by Edward. In 2012, the couple got married and have one son Atlas (b. March 18, 2013).
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
- Measurements – 40–14.5–35
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Best known for his Oscar-nominated appearances in Primal Fear (1996), American History X (1998) and Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014).
Edward debuted with 1996 neo-noir crime-thriller film Primal Fear for his supporting role as Aaron Stampler / Roy. He won several awards, including a Golden Globe Award and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
In 2000 and 2013, Edward voiced the role of Devon Bradley and Reverend Elijah Hooper in Fox’s animated sitcom The Simpsons in 2 episodes. He earned his first acting role in the pilot episode of Comedy Central’s short-lived TV series Stella, where he played himself, in 2005.
Norton has appeared in a number of TV commercials and print ads for Independent Film Channel, Droid by Motorola, PRADA designer phone and Verizon.
Edward Norton Favorite
- Favorite Actors – Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Joseph Conrad, Ernest Hemingway, J.D. Salinger, Tom Wolfe
- Favorite Films – Ruggles of Red Gap (1935), The Cruise (1998), The King of Comedy (1982), Tampopo (1986), Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966)
- Favorite Musicians – Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Tom Waits
Edward Norton Net worth
Edward Norton has an estimated net worth of $80 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Edward Norton
- After graduating from Yale in 1991, conversant in Japanese, Norton worked not for profit as a representative for his grandfather’s company Enterprise Community Partners in Osaka, Japan.
- Norton is a fan of the Baltimore Orioles.
- Edward owns a private pilot license.
- In 1984, Edward won an acting cup when he went to Camp Pasquaney at Bristol, New Hampshire.
- Edward can speak Spanish and little bit French, apart from English.
- He is good friends with Brad Pitt.
- In 1998, Norton starred alongside Matt Damon in Rounders, which follows two friends who urgently need cash and play poker to pay off a huge debt.
- In December 1998, he briefly worked as a guitarist with Courtney Love’s band, Hole.
- In 2003, he won a Village Voice Obie Award for his role in the off-Broadway show Burn This.
- In July 2010, Norton was designated as the United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for Biodiversity by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- Edward is an honorary board member on the Board of Directors of the Columbia Center for Theatrical Arts and also a member of trustees of Enterprise Community Partners.
- In July 2, 2014, Norton was elected chairman of the board of trustees to Signature Theatre, a not-for-profit theater company in New York.