Dulce María is a Mexican singer, songwriter, actress and author. She’s been part of several music projects, most notably pop group RBD from 2004 to 2009, which originated from the successful Mexican telenovela Rebelde and sold 20 million albums around the world for which she has received multiple awards.
Dulce María Espinoza Saviñón
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
Sony BMG, Capitol Records, Universal Music Latin Entertainment
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dulce Maria was born on 6 December 1985, in Mexico City, Federal District, Mexico.
She’s currently 33 years old.
She is of German, Mexican Indian and Spanish descent.
She attended Fermatta Music Academy in Mexico City.
- Father – Fernando Espinoza
- Mother – Blanca Saviñón
- Siblings – Blanca Ireri (Sister), Claudia María (Sister)
- Relatives – Frida Kahlo (Great Aunt) (Mexican Painter)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dulce Maria has dated –
- Alfonso Herrera (2002-2005) – Dulce first met actor and singer Alfonso Herrera in 2001 when they started working together in the TV series, Class 406. Their romance started in 2002 after she had headed to Monterrey for her vacations. Alfonso had reportedly followed her to woo her. After spending a lot of time together and watching a lot of movies, one fine day Alfonso kissed her. They started going out in December 2002. However, there was a brief lull in their relationship when the show ended in 2003. But, they got back together while working in Rebelde. They went out for a year after that before finally breaking up. Dulce didn’t speak to him for a year before getting back on amicable terms.
- Guillermo Ochoa (2005-2006) – Dulce started going out with Mexican soccer player (goalkeeper) Guillermo Ochoa in 2005. She even dedicated numerous songs to her new beau at her concerts. However, after dating for a couple of months, they split for a brief period of time as she got upset after seeing him with several girls at the nightclub. They got back together for some months before breaking up for good.
- Pablo Lyle (2009) – Dulce was reported to be in a relationship with actor Pablo Lyle in April 2009 after they were pictured out in Mexico City after a date. However, their relationship ended after a bunch of months by mutual consent. In February 2016, they reunited as they were cast in the TV show, Corazón that lies.
- Joe Jonas (2011) – Dulce had a fling with singer Joe Jonas after they were pictured embracing and kissing at the hotel poolside in August 2011. In the same month, they collaborated to perform at the MTV World Stage
- Luis Rodrigo (2011-2013) – Maria started going out with Luis Rodrigo Reyes, who was an executive of a major telecommunications company in November 2011. However, a year into their relationship, they had to take a break as she moved to Los Angeles to record a new music album and shoot for reality a TV series. They eventually got back together only to take another break in October 2013. Some sources report that they got back together again.
- Paco Alvarez (2016-Present) – Dulce met film producer Paco Alvarez in the early months of 2016 while shooting for the video of I do not know how to cry. After that, they again got together while shooting for the music video Vámonos. They made their relationship public with an Instagram post in January 2017. Their relationship caused a minor controversy as he is 11 years older than Dulce and was a married man with children. Though they had separated but, divorce hadn’t been finalized.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.6 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 36-27-34
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 27 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 34B
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Being a part of the Mexican pop group RBD, which is considered as one of the most successful Latin pop groups of all time.
Dulce discovered her passion for music when she was young and joined the Mexican music group K.I.D.S. in 1996. After her break with the television series Rebelde, she formed a music group named RBD with Anahí, Maite Perroni, Christian Chávez, Alfonso Herrera, and Christopher von Uckermann. The group has released 9 studio albums to date and have sold more than 20 million albums worldwide. Dulce went on solo after the group dissolved in late 2008. As a solo artist, she has released three studio albums and one EP. She released her debut solo album titled Extranjera on June 14, 2011 under Universal Music. Her other two albums were Sin Fronteras (2014) and DM (2017). She has also collaborated with other musicians including Anahi, Akon and Rio Roma among others.
Dulce Maria made her theatrical film debut starring as Lorena in the 1999 drama film, Inesperado amor. She has since then appeared in over half a dozen of films.
Dulce first appeared in the family TV show El club de Gaby in 1993.
She started acting in TV commercials when she was 8 years old. She has appeared in a number of commercials including Garnier, Coca-Cola, Kotex, Cklass Shoe Ware, to name a few.
Dulce Maria Favorites
- Favorite Interests – Cooking
Dulce Maria Net worth
Dulce María has a estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dulce Maria
- At the age of 8, Dulce María appeared in the TV show Plaza Sesamo, which is a Mexican version of the popular show, Sesame Street.
- She has won two Europe Music Awards and multiple Kids Choice Awards.
- She was included in the ’50 Most Beautiful’ list by People en Español magazine in 2007 and again in 2010.
- In 2010 she received the prize of People En Español as Best Young Actress for the telenovela Verano de amor.
- Dulce is the only Mexican singer to have a Platinum Album in Brazil.
- In 2016, Dulce launched her own line of fragrances– Gipsy Queen, Rock & Love and Candy Girl in Brazil, Spain, US and Mexico.
- Dulce voiced llyena Faustin in Grand Theft Auto IV.