Jonita Gandhi is an Indo-Canadian singer. She sings in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, Punjabi, Kannada and Malayalam. Jonita Gandhi started posting videos in collaboration with Aakash Gandhi when she was 17 and they went viral on internet.
Jonita has big hits on YouTube for covers of songs Someone Like You, Pani Da Rang, Tujhko Jo Paaya, Tum Hi Ho, Suhaani Raat, Yeh Honsla and many others. She has also performed in BC, Canada for songs like Aao Huzoor Tumko, Lag Ja Gale which are very famous.
Bollywood, Pop, Dance
Zee Music Company, T-Series, Sony Music India
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jonita Gandhi was born on 23rd of October 1989, in New Delhi, India.
She’s currently 30 years old.
She divides her time between Mumbai and Toronto.
Jonita Gandhi went to the Turner Fenton Secondary School. After the completion of her school education, she got enrolled at the Richard Ivey School of Business. She graduated from there with an honors degree in business administration. Jonita also went to the University of Western Ontario and graduated with a Bachelor of health science. To polish up her musical skills, she took classes at the Ontario Conservatory of Music, where she received training in western classical music.
- Father – Deepak Gandhi (Electronics engineer and works as a musician as part of a hobby)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Mandeep Gandhi (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jonita Gandhi has dated –
Jonita Gandhi has opted to keep her personal life firmly under wraps, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about her love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 163 cm
- In meters – 1.63 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
The popularity of her covers of popular Bollywood songs such as Tujhko Jo Paaya, Pani Da Rang, Suhani Raat, Yeh Honsla and Tum Hi Ho. Having contributed songs to the soundtracks of popular Bollywood movies such as Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Chennai Express, Dilwale, Hello and Pad Man.
In 2013, Jonita made her singing debut with the Bollywood film Chennai Express with the title song Chennai Express. She has sung over 150 film songs and is currently most sought-after artist in the Indian film industry.
Jonita hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
Jonita performed live on TV for Priyanka Chopra‘s Our Girls Our Pride telethon that aired on NDTV. She has made several media performances by appearing in TV shows including with her band on Kappa TV’s Music Mojo, and her performance on MTV Coke Studio.
In 2014, Jonita lent her voice to the TV commercial of Simply Sufi.
Jonita Gandhi Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Alia Bhatt
- Favorite Musician – AR Rahman, Sonu Nigam
- Favorite Singers – Benny Dayal, Asha Bhonsle
- Favorite Songs – Lag Jaa gale from Woh Kaun Thi, Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha from Anpadh and Aji Rooth Kar Kahan Jaiyega from Aarzoo
Jonita Gandhi Net worth
Jonita Gandhi has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jonita Gandhi
- When she was 7 years old, her family moved to Canada from New Delhi. She grew up in Brampton and Toronto.
- Growing up listening to music, she got interested in music as her father is a professional musician with whom she used to perform various gigs on shows in Toronto locals.
- She received professional training in Western classical music as well as Hindustani classical singing.
- She got her early breakthrough in the music industry with the popularity of her covers of popular songs that she posted on her YouTube channel.
- While growing up, she didn’t receive any formal music training. She instead learned all by herself by listening to the songs of Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
- When she was 17 years old, she started collaborating with Akash Gandhi for the YouTube videos, which served as her first success.
- Jonita is referred as Toronto’s Nightingale by the locals.
- During her teenage, she won several competitions including NATS at York University, 2011 Asian Idol at University of Western Ontario, Sonu Nigam’s contest for English-language tribute to Michael Jackson, and Kailash Kher’s concert in Toronto that boosted confidence in her to take music as her career.
- Her singing versatility spans across different genres Sufi, Bollywood, Western Classical, RnB, Pop and Soft Rock just to name a few.
- Jonita has been a lead female singer of world concerts led by singer Sonu Nigam, Amit Trivedi, Salim–Sulaiman and AR Rahman. She travelled across different countries like the United States, the UK, Russia and performed with them.
- She has often performed in the concerts for popular Indian singers such as Amit Trivedi, Pritam, A.R. Rahman and Salim-Sulaiman.
- Visit her official website @ jonitagandhi.com.