Daniel Henney is a Korean–American actor and model. He is known for starring in films such as Seducing Mr. Perfect, My Father, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Shanghai Calling, The Last Stand and Big Hero 6. Daniel is also known for starring in the Korean dramas Spring Waltz and My Lovely Sam Soon as well as US television series Hawaii Five-0 and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.
Daniel Phillip Henney / Jeom Deok-Su
Mr. Robin, Phillip
Birthday / Date of Birth
Daniel Henney was born on the 28th of November 1979, in Carson City, Michigan, United States.
He’s currently 40 years old.
On his father’s side, he has Irish American ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Korean American descent.
Daniel went to the Carson City-Crystal High School and graduated in 1998. He later got enrolled at the Albion College on a sports scholarship. He has also studied at the Alma College and Elgin College in Illinois. However, he wasn’t able to earn a college graduation degree as he had started focusing on his modeling career.
- Father – Philip Henney
- Mother – Christine Henney
- Siblings – None
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Henney has dated –
- Lee Na-young (2010-2011) – Henney was reported to be seeing actress Lee Na-young. It was claimed that they had grown close while working in the TV series, Fugitive. A South Korean tabloid had also published pictures of their alleged romantic dates.
- Jessica Sooyoun Jung (2012) – In April 2012, it was reported that Henney was going out with fashion designer and actress, Jessica Sooyoun Jung. They were pictured together at the Burberry Taiwan flagship store opening event.
- Sooyoung (2016) – In 2016, Daniel was reported to have hooked up with South Korean actress Sooyoung. They had grown close while working on the endorsement campaign for spring collection from clothing brand, Coach.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 87 kg
- In Pounds – 192 lbs
- Measurements – 43–15–32
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Daniel became known for starring in films such as My Father (2007), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), Shanghai Calling (2012), The Last Stand (2013), Big Hero 6 (2014) and US television series Hawaii Five-0 (2012-2013) and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (2016-2017).
In December 2006, Daniel made his film debut in the South Korean romantic movie, Seducing Mr. Perfect in which he played the role of Robin Heiden.
In July 2005, Daniel made his first TV show appearance as a lead role of Dr. Henry Kim in the South Korean TV series, My Lovely Sam Soon.
Daniel has done endorsement work for brands which include- Lux, Wide Angle Golfwear, Daewoo Gentra (GM Daewoo), Biotherm, Asiana Airlines, Minute Maid, Cyon, Coca-Cola, Olympus Camera, HSBC Commercial Banking, Taster’s Choice, Outback Steakhouse, LG Electronics Xcanvas Flat Panel TV, Praud Appliances, Hyundai Holdings, Dalkomm Coffee, Prospecs Footwear, CJ Home Shopping, Mapool English Academy, Klasse, Joong Ang Heights, Pespow Outerwear, Belstaff & Li Homme.
Daniel Henney Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp, Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
Daniel Henney Net worth
Daniel Henney has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Daniel Henney
- Instagram – danielhenney
- Twitter – Daniel Henney
- YouTube Channel – Daniel Henney
Some Lesser Known Facts About Daniel Henney
- While in high school, he was a pretty good basketball player and in his senior year, led his high school team to MHSAA Central region (CSAA) championship.
- DanielHe started his modeling career in 2001, while he was still studying in college.
- He is a dog lover and has dogs named, Mango and Stella.
- In 2009, Daniel portrayed Agent Zero in the film X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- In 2010, Henney returned to South Korea television for KBS2’s The Fugitive: Plan B alongside Rain and actress Lee Na-young.
- In 2015, he starred as Special Agent Matt Simmons in the American television series Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders a spin-off of Criminal Minds.
- In 2019, Daniel was cast in the supporting role of Lan Mandragoran in Amazon Video’s adaptation of Robert Jordan’s fantasy epic The Wheel of Time.