Whitney Cummings is an American comedian, actress and producer. She gained fame as a stand-up comedian and later transition to television and films. She created the CBS sitcom 2 Broke Girls and the NBC sitcom Whitney, appearing in the lead role of the latter. Cummings was a producer and writer for the ABCrevival of Roseanne.
Whitney Ann Cummings
Actress, Stand-Up Comedienne, Producer, Writer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Whitney Cummings was born on the 4th of September 1982, in Washington, D.C., United States.
She’s currently 36 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
She is of Scottish descent.
Cummings graduated from Andrew’s Episcopal School in Potomac, Maryland in 2000. She interned at Washington’s NBC-owned television station WRC-TV as a journalist. She studied acting at Washington, D.C.’s Studio Theater. She graduated from the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, magna cum laude in 2004 with a degree in Communications.
- Father – Eric Lynn Cummings (Expired 2017) (Lawyer, Venture Capitalist)
- Mother – Patricia aka Patti (Former Public Relations Executive)
- Siblings – Ashley Cummings (Older Sister) (Yoga Teacher)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Whitney Cummings has dated –
- Peter Berg (2012-2013) – Whitney dated actor, director and executive producer, Peter Berg, for nearly a year before she broke up with him. The duo had an age gap of 20 years. She was not happy about the abrupt end of their relationship and shared the news of her break-up first onstage during a stand-up gig.
- Kerry Rhodes (2014) – Tabloids reported that Whitney was dating former NFL player turned actor, Kerry Rhodes, in 2014. The relationship did not last beyond a few months.
- Lenny Kravitz (2016) – In June 2016, the paparazzi spotted Whitney and veteran singer Lenny Kravitz on a dinner date at Nobu Restaurant.
- Miles Skinner (2017-Present) – The comedienne made an appearance on the talk show, Conan, in October 2017 to promote her book and stated that she met her boyfriend of 10 months online on a dating application. The man she was talking about turned out to be Miles Skinner who works as a Group Creative Director in an advertising firm called VICE Media and also as a freelance brand strategist for several high profile companies. He proposed to Whitney on her birthday in September 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-35
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Writing and creating the CBS sitcom, Two Broke Girls (2011-2017). She was also cast to play the character of Whitney in the show.
In 2004, she made her theatrical film debut as CyberBunnyLilly in the thriller movie, EMR.
In 2004, she made her first TV show appearance in the reality series, Punk’d.
Through her social media accounts, she has often promoted various brands such as Cool Haus ice-cream, Leeza Braun jewelry, NetJets, Cristina Ottaviano Womenswear, Away Luggage and FabFitFun.
Whitney Cummings Favorites
- Favorite Celebrity Idol – Mae West
- Favorite Coffee – Coconut Milk Mocha
- Favorite Restaurant – Nobu
- Favorite Vintage Book – The Scarlet Letter (1850) by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Favorite Book –The Female Brain (2006) by Louann Brizendine
- Favorite Comedic Influence – George Carlin
- Favorite Skincare Device – NuFace Toning Device
Whitney Cummings Net worth
Whitney Cummings has a estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2019. She received $60 thousand as remuneration per episode of Whitney. She lives in an ultra luxury gated estate in Woodland Hills, California, which she purchased in May 2019 for $4.3 million.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Whitney Cummings
- Instagram – whitneycummings
- Twitter – Whitney Cummings
Some Lesser Known Facts About Whitney Cummings
- Her parents got a bitter divorce when she was 5 years old. By the time she turned 15, she claimed to have witnessed 3 acrimonious divorces in her family.
- Whitney experienced bullying in school for her last name.
- She paid for her college tuition by working a non-glamorous modeling job. Whitney had to dress up in discount clothing outside the King of Prussia Mall in suburban Philadelphia, directing potential customers towards the sale counter.
- She performed her first stand-up show at the age of 22 in a bar on Vine Street, Fountain Avenue in Hollywood.
- In 2007, Variety placed her in their Top Ten Comics to Watch list.
- In 2008, Cummings appeared in the San Francisco audition for Last Comic Standing, although she did not pass the showcase.
- In 2010 Cummings went on tour with Denis Leary and the Rescue Me Comedy Tour to promote the show’s sixth season. She also appeared with Leary on Douchebags and Donuts.
- In August 2010, her first one hour special, titled Whitney Cummings: Money Shot, premiered on Comedy Central.
- She has rescued 2 dogs from an animal shelter- a pit bull named Ramona and a Great Dane named Frankie.
- In 2017, Whitney also rescued a retired show horse named King. She frequently states that tending to animals is extremely therapeutic.
- She is the first woman to perform stand-up comedy in Dubai and Beirut.
- Cummings was one of the head writers, an executive producer and overseer of day to day production of the 2018 revival of the comedy series Roseanne.
- In June 2014, Cummings did her second hour-long special, I Love You, on Comedy Central. Her fourth special, Can I Touch It? came out on July 30th, 2019 on Netflix
- Visit her official website @ whitneycummings.com.