Julianne Moore is an American actress and children’s author. She is particularly known for her portrayals of emotionally troubled women in both independent and Hollywood films and has received many accolades, including an Academy Award and two Golden Globes. Julianne is the recipient of numerous accolades, including an Academy Award, a BAFTA Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and two Emmy Awards. In 2015, Time named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world, and in 2020, The New York Times named her one of the greatest actors of the 21st century.
Julie Anne Smith
Birthday / Date of Birth
Julianne Moore was born on the 3rd of December 1960, in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States.
She’s currently 62 years old.
Julianne had been attending J.E.B. Stuart High School in Falls Church, Virginia to Frankfurt, Germany where she attended Frankfurt American High School. Julianne holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in Theatre from School of the Arts, Boston University in 1983.
- Father – Peter Moore Smith (Served in the U.S Army as a paratrooper; Afterwards, he got the rank of a colonel and then became a military judge.)
- Mother – Anne (née Love) (Psychologist and a social worker from Scotland)
- Siblings – Valerie Smith (Younger Sister), Peter Moore Smith (Younger Brother) (Novelist)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Julianne Moore has dated –
- John Gould Rubin (1986–1995) – In 1986, Julianne married John Gould Rubin after two years of dating. After 9 years of their marriage, the couple separated in 1993 and finally divorced in 1995.
- Bart Freundlich (1996-Present) – In 1996, Julianne started dating Bart Freundlich, a film and television director, producer and a screenwriter. They met during the filming of The Myth of Fingerprints in 1996 and hence started dating. The couple has two children a son named, Caleb Freundlich (born – December 1997) and daughter Liv Helen Freundlich (born – April 2002). They finally got married in 2003.
- In feet – 5 feet 3 inches
- In centimeters – 160 cm
- In meters – 1.60 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 33A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Julianne roles in Hannibal (2001) as agent Clarice Starling, The Hours (2002) as Laura Brown, in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay film series as President Alma Coin.
In 1990, Moore got her first movie role in the film, Tales of the Dark Side where in she played the victim of mummy.
In 1984, Julianne first TV appearance in an episode of a soap opera named The Edge of Night for her role as Carmen Engler.
Moore has appeared in television commercials and print adverts for Coach watches (2000), Revlon (2002), Coach leather handbags (2000), Revlon Age-Defying Foundation (2003), Aveda (2002), Revlon’s High-Dimension Haircolor (2003-2004), Montblanc watches (2006), Talbots fashion stores (2011), L’Oreal Paris’ Superior Preference hair color system (2013), L’Oreal Paris’ Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil (2013) and others.
Julianne Moore Favorites
- Favorite Books – Brundibar by Tony Kushner, Maurice Sendak, Grace: A Memoir by Grace Coddington
- Favorite NYC Restaurants – Tomoe (for Sushi), Otto (for Pizza), Bar Pitti, Piccolo Angolo and Pastis, Shorty’s (on Prince Street)
- Favorite Song Lyrics – I think I’m Gonna be Sad, I think it’s Today, Yeah
- Favorite Guilty Pleasure – Bakery Story (App), Shopping on the Internet
- Favorite Place – Montauk, New York
Julianne Moore Net worth
Julianne Moore has a estimated net worth of $55 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Julianne Moore
- Moore has a younger sister Valerie and a younger brother Peter who is a novelist.
- Her hobby of reading books led her to start acting at school. She didn’t go to any drama or acting school.
- Apart from English, she can also speak a little bit German.
- Julianne is a left-handed person.
- She has also worked as a part-time waitress before, just after graduating from Boston University.
- Moore always keeps dental floss, Advil and hair ties in her bag.
- In 1994, she made a distinguished appearance in classic theatrical work Vanya on 42nd Street.
- Her favorite actor are Tom Hanks.
- In 1996, Julianne played the role of one of the lovers of Picasso in Surviving Picasso.
- In 1997, she starred in Steven Spielberg’s The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
- Julianne Moore was voted #5 in the Best Dressed Female list in a poll, which was conducted by Life & Style in the past.
- In 2001, she trained herself at FBI for a couple of days to play Clarice movie Hannibal.
- She is a cherished author for children’s literature.
- In 2007, she published her first book, titled Freckleface Strawberry which was New York Times’ Best Seller.
- Julianne is liberal politically. She supported Barack Obama vocally during the 2008 political campaign.