Gabrielle Union is an American actress, activist and author. She began her career in the 1990s, appearing on television sitcoms, before landing supporting roles in teenage comedic films She’s All That and 10 Things I Hate About You. Her breakthrough role was in the 2000 film Bring It On. Union is also the author of a memoir, We’re Going to Need More Wine and an activist who works on issues around women’s health and violence against women. In 2019, she joined the hit TV show America’s Got Talent as a judge.
Gabrielle Monique Union
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gabrielle Union was born on the 29th of October 1972, in Omaha, Nebraska, United States.
She’s currently 50 years old.
Gabrielle attended Foothill High School in Pleasanton, California. Later she got educated at the University of Nebraska and later shifted to Cuesta College. Union has a bachelor’s degree in sociology from UCLA.
- Father – Sylvester E. Union (Business Executive and Military Sergeant)
- Mother – Theresa ‘Glass’ (Manager at a Phone Company and Social Worker)
- Siblings – Tracy Union, Kelly Union (Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gabrielle Union has dated –
- Chris Howard (1999–2006) – Union and NFL player, Chris Howard first met at a party in 1999. The couple tied the knot on May 5, 2001. Their marriage lasted for four years and they separated in October 2005. They got divorced in 2006 and Gabrielle confessed being in a wrong relationship.
- Darren Sharper (2006–2007) – Gabrielle was in a relationship with NFL player Darren Sharper for one year and called it quits in 2007.
- Dwyane Wade (2009–Present) – Union and basketball player, Dwyane Wade started dating her in 2009. They split in early 2013 and Wade went back to the former girlfriend. During this time, Dwyane’s then-girlfriend Aja Metoyer gave birth to the couple’s first child, a son named, Xavier (born on November 10, 2013). Gabrielle and Wade reconciled in December 2013 and got engaged in the same month. They got married in Miami on August 30, 2014. They honeymooned in Maldives and Tanzania. Union is stepmother to Wade’s sons Zaire (born on February 4, 2002) and Zion (born on May 29, 2007), from his first marriage. Dwyane and Gabrielle welcomed their first child together, a daughter who was born via surrogacy on November 7, 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 7½ inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters – 1.71 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-36
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 36 inches
- Bra Size – 34A
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Playing a cheerleader in the 2000 movie Bring It On opposite Kirsten Dunst. She was also appreciated for her role of a doctor in the CBS TV series City of Angels in 2000.
In 1999, Gabrielle made her acting debut with the teen romantic comedy movie She’s All That where she played the role as Katarina Katie Darlingson.
In 1993, Union first appeared on television in ABC’s sitcom Family Matters where she played the minor role as a mall girl in an episode titled Scenes from a Mall.
In May 2014, Gabrielle appeared in a Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Solutions oil-free foaming cleanser TV commercial.
Gabrielle Union Net worth
Gabrielle Union has a estimated net worth of $40 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gabrielle Union
- At the age of 19 in 1992, Union was attacked and raped while working at her part-time job in a Payless Store. This terrifying experience had a profound effect on her life, making her a stronger and more resilient person.
- Union and Oprah Winfrey are good friends. She said that she was able to come out of her sexual assault after watching the talk show of Winfrey.
- The Maxim magazine ranked her #52 among 100 Sexiest Women in 2002 and she was ranked at #81 in 103 Sexiest Women list by Stuff in 2003.
- In 2007, Maxim ranked her at #67 on Hot 100 list and at #73 on the Hot 100 list in 2008.
- In 2008, Union supported Barack Obama in his presidential campaign, the election interesting her differently from past elections.
- In 2010, she has a clothing line for plus-sized females called Love & Blessings that was launched .
- In February 2012, Union was identified as a suspicious person by airport security and was subjected to a hair pat down. She tweeted about the experience. Hopefully my weave doesn’t cause turbulence, Union joked. It’s clearly very powerful.
- In June 2, 2012, Gabrielle took part in the Global Race for the Cure in Washington, D.C. This run was a tribute to her friend Kristen Martinez, who succumbed to breast cancer.
- In 2013, she began starring in the BET network show Being Mary Jane.
- In August 23, 2013, she launched a limited-edition 1963 March on Washington stamp, to celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the march.
- In March 2014, Union also launched a wine called Vanilla Puddin.
- Union is an ambassador for Cure’s Circle of Promise by Susan G. Komen.
- In October 2014, Union would be designing T-shirts to bring attention to the Women Are Watching campaign.
- In 2015, People’s Magazine included her in the World’s Most Beautiful List, alongside Sandra Bullock and others.
- In 2017, Union launched Flawless by Gabrielle Union, a line of hair-care products catered to people with textured hair.
- In April 2017, Union announced her first book, a memoir, entitled We’re Going to Need More Wine.
- In September 2017 Union announced a collaborative partnership with Invicta watches that included a line of watches she designed.
- In December 2017, We’re Going to Need More Wine was named a Best Book of the Year by a Black Author by The Root.
- In 2019, Gabrielle is set to reprise her role from Bad Boys 2, Syd Burnett, in the spin-off television series L.A. Finest, co-starring with Jessica Alba.