Wayne Brady is an American actor, singer, comedian, producer, television personality, game show host and presenter, who is a regular on the American version of the comedy television series Whose Line Is It Anyway?. He was the host of the daytime talk show The Wayne Brady Show, the original host of Fox’s Don’t Forget the Lyrics! and has hosted Let’s Make a Deal since its 2009 revival. Wayne was also nominated for a Grammy Award in for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for his cover of the Sam Cooke song A Change Is Gonna Come.
Wayne Alphonso Brady
Actor, Singer, Comedian, Producer, TV Personality
Contemporary R&B, Children’s Music, R&B
Peak Records/Concord Music, Walt Disney Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Wayne Brady was born on the 2nd of June 1972, in Columbus, Georgia, United States.
He’s currently 48 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
He is of West Indian descent.
Brady attended Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, where he graduated in 1989. In 1990, he enrolled at the University of Miami.
- Father – He had served in the military.
- Mother – Linda Marie Newton (Healthcare Worker)
- Siblings – Kim Brady (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Wayne Brady has dated –
- Diana Lasso (1993–1995) – Wayne got married to Diana Lasso on December 31, 1993. The couple was officially divorced on September 21, 1995.
- Mandie Taketa (1999–2007) – Wayne got married to dancer Mandie Taketa on April 3, 1999. They have a daughter together named Maile Masako Brady (b. February 3, 2003). The couple parted ways on April 5, 2006 and filed for divorce on July 2, 2007.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 43–15–35
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
Wayne was the host of the daytime talk show The Wayne Brady Show (2001–2004), the original host of Fox’s Don’t Forget the Lyrics! (2007–2009) and has hosted Let’s Make a Deal (2009–Present). Brady also performed in the Tony Award-winning musical Kinky Boots on Broadway as Simon, who is also drag queen Lola from November 2015 to March 2016 and as James Stinson on the American TV series How I Met Your Mother (2006–2014).
In 2004, Wayne debuted with a voice role in the animated movie Clifford’s Really Big Movie where he voiced the character named Shackelford. That same year, he played Mason Wyatt on Disney’s original movie, Going to the Mat.
In 1990, Wayne landed his first television role when he was cast in teh role of John in an episode The Sons of Icarus of Superboy.
In 2004, Wayne played the role of lawyer Billy Flynn in the Broadway Revival of Chicago staged at Ambassador Theatre.
Wayne has been featured in the TV commercials for Church’s Chicken (1999), Bud Light (1999), McDonald’s (2002), Avaya (2002), International Delight (2003), Fifth/Third Equity FlexLine (2005), Wii Party U (2013) & Publishers Clearing House (2018).
Wayne Brady Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Rihanna, Miley Cyrus
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
Wayne Brady Net worth
Wayne Brady has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Wayne Brady
- Wayne struggled with stuttering as a child and suffered from clinical depression for a major part of his life.
- Wayne was named Sak Theatre’s 1992 Rookie of the Year for TheatreSports/Improv.
- In 2003, Brady won a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program for his work on the show, the only person to win the award for a television series, as opposed to a special, since Dana Carvey in 1993.
- In 2004, Brady joined the Broadway revival of Chicago, playing the role of lawyer Billy Flynn.
- In 2002, Wayne hosted Miss America, becoming the first African-American host in the pageant show history.
- In 2006, Brady became the host of TV Land’s That’s What I’m Talking About, a talk show discussing the role of African-Americans in the entertainment industry.
- In 2007, Brady became an official supporter of Ronald McDonald House Charities and is a member of their celebrity board, the Friends of RMHC.
- In May 3, 2011, Wayne appeared on Dancing With The Stars as the lead performer in a tribute to James Brown, celebrating what would have been Brown’s 78th birthday in the Macy’s Stars of Dance segment.
- In November 2015, Brady replaced Billy Porter as Lola in Kinky Boots on Broadway until March 2016.
- In 2018, Brady assumed a recurring role in the sci-fi Colony as Everett Kynes, the administrator of the Seattle colony and creator of an algorithm used in sorting and identifying people.
- In April 29, 2018, Brady won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host for Let’s Make A Deal for the first time, after seven previous nominations.
- In November 2018, Brady began making appearances as Dr. Reese Buckingham on The Bold and the Beautiful.
- In October 10, 2019, Wayne was featured in a 30 minute YouTube documentary created by SoulPancake in collaboration with Funny or Die wherein a variety of comedians discuss mental health called Laughing Matters.
- In December 18, 2019, Wayne was named the winner of The Masked Singer Season 2 as the Fox.