Vicky Kaushal is an Indian actor who works in Hindi films. He is the recipient of a National Film Award and a Filmfare Award. Aspiring to take up a career in film, he assisted Anurag Kashyap in the crime drama Gangs of Wasseypur and went on to play minor roles in two of Kashyap’s productions. His first leading role was in the independent drama Masaan, which earned him the IIFA and Screen Awards for Best Male Debut, following which he starred as an unhinged cop in Kashyap’s psychological thriller Raman Raghav 2.0. Kaushal rose to prominence in 2018 with supporting roles in Raazi and Sanju, two of the highest grossing Hindi films of the year. He played the lead role of a military officer in the commercially successful action film Uri: The Surgical Strike, winning the National Film Award for Best Actor.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Vicky Kaushal was born on the 16th of May 1988, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He is currently 31 years old.
Vicky did his schooling at Sheth Chunilal Damodardas Barfivala High School and did bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai. After graduation, he got selected for the Telecommunication Engineer job but he refused to pursue his career in acting. He then joined the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai to learn acting.
- Father – Sham Kaushal (Stuntman, Action Director)
- Mother – Veena Kaushal (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Sunny Kaushal (Younger Brother) (Actor)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vicky Kaushal has dated –
- Harleen Sethi (2018-2019) – Vicky was in a relationship with up-coming actress Harleen Sethi in 2018. According to Vicky, the two met at their common friend Amritpal Singh Bindra’s party and instantly hit it off. But, after the success of his film Uri in 2019, rumors began swirling that Vicky and Harleen had called it quits. It was confirmed a few months later in March when the actress unfollowed Kaushal on Instagram. There were also speculations that Vicky had been unfaithful in the relationship which led to their break-up.
- Katrina Kaif (2019) – After splitting up with Harleen, Vicky’s name was linked with actress Katrina Kaif in May 2019. It was alleged that Kaif was the reason that caused Vicky’s break-up.
- Bhumi Pednekar (2019) – Another actress that Vicky got linked with post his break-up was co-star Bhumi Pednekar. Allegedly, the two became close while shooting the horror film Bhoot Part One – The Haunted Ship, which is under Karan Johar‘s film banner.
- Malavika Mohanan (2019) – By June 2019, Vicky was rumored to be getting serious with actress Malavika Mohanan. Malavika, who has appeared in the 2017 film Beyond the Clouds, is said to be childhood friends with the hunky actor.
- In feet – 6 feet 0 inches
- In centimeters – 183 cm
- In meters – 1.83 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 168 lbs
- Measurements – 40–14–34
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
His shoe size is 11 (US).
Portraying several critically-acclaimed characters such as Deepak Kumar in Masaan (2015), Iqbal Syed in Raazi (2018), Kamlesh Kanhaiyalal Kapasi in Sanju (2018) and Major Vihaan Singh Shergill in Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019).
In 2012, Vicky made his theatrical film debut as a younger version of the protagonist Omi Khurana in the comedy film Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana. In 2015, Vicky got the main role of a Banaras boy Deepak Kumar in Neeraj Ghaywan’s directorial film Masaan.
In 2016, Vicky’s first TV show appearance was on the comedy talk-show The Kapil Sharma Show with the cast of his film Raman Raghav 2.0.
Vicky Kaushal has done endorsement work for the following brands- Housing.com, McDowell’s Platinum, Goibibo, Oppo, Aegon Life, upGrad, Wild Stone Code Perfume, Federal Bank, Aasra Suicide Prevention, United Colors of Benetton & Google.
Awards & Nominations
|2016||Masaan||Zee Cine Award||Best Male Debut||Won|
|Screen Awards||Best Male Debut||Won|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Star Debut of the Year – Male||Won|
|Asian Film Awards||Best Newcomer||Nominated|
|Stardust Awards||Best Acting Debut (Male)||Nominated|
|2018||Sanju||Indian Film Festival of Melbourne||Best Supporting Performance||Won|
|Manmarziyaan||Screen Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|2019||Sanju||Zee Cine Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Male||Won|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|Uri: The Surgical Strike||National Film Awards||Best Actor||Won|
Vicky Kaushal Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Actors – Hrithik Roshan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Favorite TV Shows – Game of Thrones, Prison Break
- Favorite Film Directors – Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap
- Favorite Bollywood Films – Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai (2000), Black Friday (2004), Gangs of Wasseypur (2012), Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar (1992), Mughal-e-Azam (1960)
- Favorite Hollywood Film – 12 Angry Men (1957)
- Favorite Book – The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Favorite Restaurant – Indigo, Mainland China in Mumbai
- Favorite Destination – Burano Island in Italy
- Favorite Cuisine – Chinese
- Favorite Film By Anurag Kashyap – Black Friday (2004)
- Favorite Meal on the Film Set – Paratha with Egg Bhurji for Breakfast
- Favorite Food – Pani Puri, Jalebi-Rabri, Aloo Paratha
Vicky Kaushal Net worth
Vicky Kaushal has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2019. After starring in back to back hit films, Vicky hiked up his fees to Rs. 3 crores per film and owns a Mercedes Benz GLC SUV car.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vicky Kaushal
- His father came to Mumbai in 1978, and after years of struggle and hard work, he became a famous action director in Bollywood as well as Hollywood.
- He had the acting skills from his childhood and he used to participate in dramas, skits, and annual day functions in his school.
- He is very close to his mother. Whenever he’s on a vacation, the first thing that he does in the morning is to call his mother, and tell her how his previous day had gone and what will he eat the present day.
- Since his childhood, he has been a die-hard fan of Hrithik Roshan.
- Some of his hobbies are reading, traveling, gymming and dancing.
- Before finding success as an actor, he assisted director Anurag Kashyap on his 2012 crime-drama film, Gangs of Wasseypur.
- In 2013, he did the short film Geek Out, which provided him his first film, Zubaan (2016).
- Kaushal is scared of horror films. He mentioned that he cannot watch horror films even in daytime or when all the light are turned on.
- His father was the action director in his first shooted film Zubaan.
- Vicky is a dog lover and has a dog named Shifu.
- In 2018, Kaushal was enlisted in the 30 Under 30 list by Forbes India.
- He was first seen as the male lead of the romantic comedy Love per Square Foot, India’s first Netflix original film.
- In 2019, Kaushal starred as a military officer in Uri: The Surgical Strike, an action film based on the 2016 Uri attack, directed by Aditya Dhar and filmed in Serbia.
- In 2019, he received the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in the film Uri.