Tom Hardy is an English actor and producer. Hardy made his film debut in Ridley Scott’s Black Hawk Down and has since appeared in such films as Star Trek: Nemesis, RocknRolla, Bronson, Warrior, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Lawless, Locke, The Drop and The Revenant for which he received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. In 2015, Hardy portrayed “Mad” Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road and both Kray twins in Legend. He has appeared in three Christopher Nolan films: Inception, The Dark Knight Rises as Bane, and Dunkirk as an RAF fighter-pilot. He starred as Eddie Brock / Venom in the antihero film Venom.
Edward Thomas Hardy
Actor, Film Producer, Former Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Tom Hardy was born on September 15, 1977 in Hammersmith, London, England, UK.
He’s currently 41 years old.
He is of Irish and English descent.
Hardy attended Reed’s School in Surrey and Tower House School in London, England and Duff Miller Sixth Form College, London. He then learned dramatics from Richmond Drama School and finally from the Drama Centre London a part of Central Saint Martins.
- Father – Edward “Chips” Hardy (Writer; Generally writes novels and comedy)
- Mother – Anne (née Barrett) (Painter)
- Siblings – He is the only child.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Hardy dated –
- Sarah Ward (1999-2004) – Sarah Ward and Tom Hardy married in 1999. Their relationship didn’t work out for long as Hardy indulged into alcoholism and also had a crack cocaine addiction. They divorced in 2004.
- Rachael Speed (2008) – Hardy also had a relationship with Rachael Speed in 2008. The couple has a son together, named Louis Thomas (b. 2008).
- Charlotte Riley (2009-Present) – In 2009, Hardy met the actress, Charlotte Riley. They were filming together for the TV shows The Take and Wuthering Heights. After dating for a couple of months, the actor proposed to her and they got engaged in 2009, which was announced in July 2010. They married in July 2014. In October 2015, their first child was born. In January 2019 the couple’s second child, a son, was born.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 76 kg
- In Pounds – 167 lbs
- Measurements – 45-18-37
- Chest – 45 Inches
- Biceps – 18 Inches
- Waist – 37 Inches
Some of his remarkable appearances in film include his roles in Black Hawk Down, Star Trek: Nemesis, Lawless, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Legend and Inception. Coming to television, his notable works include Band of Brothers, The Virgin Queen, Wuthering Heights and Peaky Blinders.
He appeared in the 2001 American war film Black Hawk Down for his role as Spc. Lance Twombly. Hardy’s role is credited as Thomas Hardy in the film.
Tom debuted on television with the TV miniseries on World War II Band of Brothers for his role as Pfc. John Janovec. He only did 2 episodes for the show.
He has not endorsed any brands till yet.
Awards & Nominations
|2003||Saturn Award||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|2004||Olivier Award||Best Newcomer in a Play||Nominated|
|2008||BAFTA TV Award||Best Actor||Nominated|
|2009||RTS Television Award||Best Male Actor||Nominated|
|British Independent Film Award||Best Actor||Won|
|2010||Evening Standard British Film Award||Best Actor||Nominated|
|London Film Critics’ Circle Award||British Actor of the Year||Nominated|
|Village Voice Film Poll||Best Actor||Nominated|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society Award||Best Cast||Nominated|
|Scream Award||Breakout Performance – Male||Won|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award||Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|2011||BAFTA Award||Rising Star||Won|
|MTV Movie Award||Best Line From a Movie||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Award||Favorite On-Screen Team||Nominated|
|Saturn Award||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|British Independent Film Award||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|2012||MTV Movie Award||Best Fight||Nominated|
|Satellite Award||Best Actor – Motion Picture||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Award||Choice Movie Actor: Action||Nominated|
|2013||MTV Movie Award||Best Villain||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Award||Choice Movie Villain||Nominated|
|British Independent Film Award||Best Actor||Nominated|
|2014||European Film Award||Best Actor||Nominated|
|Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award||Best Actor||Won|
|2015||London Film Critics’ Circle Award||British Actor of the Year||Nominated|
|British Independent Film Award||Best Actor||Won|
|Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association Award||Best Supporting Actor||Runner-up|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Award||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|2016||Academy Award||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|Critics’ Choice Movie Award||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|MTV Movie Award||Best Villain||Nominated|
|London Film Critics’ Circle Award||Supporting Actor of the Year||Nominated|
|Critics’ Choice Movie Award||Best Actor in an Action Movie||Won|
|MTV Movie Award||Best Fight||Nominated|
|London Film Critics’ Circle Award||Actor of the Year||Won|
|British Actor of the Year||Won|
|2018||AACTA Award||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|Satellite Award||Best Actor – Television Series Drama||Nominated|
|2018||CBE (Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire)||Fine Arts||Awarded|
Tom Hardy Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Gary Oldman
- Favorite Drinks – Tea, Coffee, Red Bull, Coca-Cola
- Favorite Destinations – London, Como Region in Italy, Béziers, Nîmes, Sommières, Arles in the South of France
- Favorite Club – The Groucho Club, London
- Favorite Food – Sea Food
Tom Hardy Net worth
Tom has a net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – tomhardy
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tom Hardy
- At age 21, Tom Hardy won The Big Breakfast’s Find Me a Supermodel competition in 1998.
- His start in show business began when he won a role in the award-winning HBO-BBC miniseries Band of Brothers.
- Hardy has a pet dog named, Max.
- Hardy was addicted to alcoholism and crack cocaine in his early-to mid-twenties, after which he battled them with rehab and has been sober since 2003.
- He loves Jiu Jitsu and Capoeira.
- In 2003, he appeared as Skank in a play, In Arabia We’d All Be Kings, performed in London. Critics reviewed his performance as remarkable; it also won him accolades.
- In 2005, he was featured in the BBC miniseries The Virgin Queen, wherein he portrayed Robert Dudley, a childhood friend of Elizabeth I. In 2006, he appeared in BBC Four’s A for Andromeda, a remake of a 1961 TV series.
- In 2007, he appeared in the lead role in BBC Two’s Stuart: A Life Backwards, wherein he portrayed Stuart Shorter, a homeless man, subjected to years of abuse.
- In 2008, he portrayed a drug-addicted rapist in the British crime thriller WΔZ. In the same year, he appeared in RocknRolla a British-American crime comedy film, in which he portrayed Handsome Bob, a closeted gay member of The Wild Bunch.
- In 2009, he put on 19 kg to play the character Bronson/Peterson in the film Bronson, the real-life story of prisoner Charles Bronson. In June 2009, he portrayed a gangster in the TV drama The Take on Sky One. In August, he starred in ITV’s Wuthering Heights, wherein he played Heathcliff.
- In 2010, Hardy became an ambassador for the Prince’s Trust, a leading UK youth charity which provides training, personal development, business start up support, mentoring and advice.
- In 2011, he starred in the film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, an adaptation of the 1979 TV miniseries on BBC TV. In the same year, his portrayal of Tommy Riordan, in the film Warrior, earned him appreciations from critics.
- In 2012, he starred in This Means War, a superhero film, wherein he played the supervillain Bane, for which he had gained 14kg. In the same year, he portrayed a bootlegger in ‘Lawless’, an American crime drama film.
- In 2013, Hardy was ranked at #17 on Empire Online list of the 100 Sexiest Movie Stars.
- In 2014, Hardy played Bob Saginowski, a bartender in The Drop, an American crime drama film, directed by Michaël R. That year, he also appeared in the BBC series Peaky Blinders in its second series, portraying Alfie Solomons, the head of a Jewish gang.
- In 2015, he landed five films. First, he appeared in Child 44, where he played Leo Demidov, a Soviet secret police agent. The film was critically and commercially unsuccessful, but his performance received appreciation.
- Hardy was named one of GQ magazine’s 50 best dressed British men in 2015.
- Hardy was ranked at #1 on IMDb’s Top Stars in 2012, 2015 and 2017.
- In 2018, he was cast as Eddie Brock / Venom in the superhero film, Venom, based on Marvel’s character of the same name.
- In 2019, Hardy is scheduled to star in Josh Trank’s Al Capone biopic Fonzo. Hardy is also attached to star as iconic war photographer Don McCullin in a film based on McCullin’s autobiography, Unreasonable Behaviour.