Ryan Kwanten is an Australian actor and comedian. He played Vinnie Patterson in the Australian soap opera Home and Away. After his stint ended, he joined the American teen drama series Summerland, portraying Jay Robertson. In 2008, he played Jason Stackhouse in True Blood and currently stars in The Oath. In 2015, Kwanten voiced the role of Blinky Bill, a koala in Blinky Bill the Movie based on the iconic children’s book by Dorothy Wall.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ryan Kwanten was born on 28th of November 1976, in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
He is currently 43 years old.
Ryan has Australian and Dutch ancestry.
- Father – Eddie Kwanten (NSW Maritime Worker)
- Mother – Kris Kwanten (Lifeline op shop coordinator)
- Siblings – Mitchell Kwanten (Brother) (Musician), Lloyd Kwanten (Brother) (Doctor)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Kwanten has dated –
- Taylor Cole (2006–2008) – Ryan has been linked to the American actress Taylor Cole in the past. They both were in a relationship for almost 2 years from 2006 to 2008.
- Ashley Sisino (2013–Present) – Ryan started dating Ashley Sisino in 2013. The couple is still together.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 78 kg
- In Pounds – 171 lbs
- Measurements – 40–13–33
- Chest – 40 in or 101 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 35 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 82 cm
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Ryan received positive reviews for his role as Jason Stackhouse in the HBO’s drama series True Blood (2008-2014). He is also known for his roles in the movies Don’t Fade Away (2009) as Jackson White, Red Hill (2010) as Shane Cooper, Griff the Invisible (2011) as Griff, The Right Kind of Wrong (2013) and as Conall the monk, in the movie Northmen: A Viking Saga (2014).
In1994, Ryan made her acting debut as a Kid in the Australian film, Signal One.
In 2003, Kwanten’s first breakthrough role came when he was cast as Nick McCallum in the Australian film, Liquid Bridge.
In 1992, Ryan had his television debut via the TV series A Country Practice in playing the character of Ben Lloyd.
Ryan hasn’t signed any endorsement contract yet.
Ryan Kwanten Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Tom Cruise, Robert De Niro, Daniel Day-Lewis
- Favorite Movie Characters – Butch Cassidy, Martin Riggs, Andrew Beckett
- Favorite Musicians – Mark Lizotte (Diesel), Jeff Buckley
- Favorite Bands – The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Smashing Pumpkins
- Favorite Music – Rock
Ryan Kwanten Net worth
Ryan Kwanten has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ryan Kwanten
- Ryan has huge respect for his dad.
- He doesn’t like microwaves and pompous people.
- Kwanten hasn’t been through any formal acting training.
- He loves odd numbers.
- He is an animal lover and his cat name is Sweeney Todd.
- He began his professional acting by appearing on television shows before landing roles on films.
- In 2010, Ryan was named as the Man Of The Year by Australian men’s fashion magazine GQ.
- In 2010, he starred in the psychological thriller Red Hill which was directed by Patrick Hughes.
- In 2013, he played Marvel character Venom in the short film Truth in Journalism and portrayed Conall in the 2014 action adventure film Northmen: A Viking Saga.
- In 2015, Ryan voiced the role of Blinky Bill, a koala in Blinky Bill the Movie alongside Rufus Sewell, Toni Collette, Robin McLeavy, David Wenham, Richard Roxburgh, Deborah Mailman and Barry Humphries based on the iconic children’s book by Dorothy Wall.