Teresa Palmer is an Australian actress, writer and model, best known for her roles in Warm Bodies, Lights Outand Hacksaw Ridge. She starred in, co-wrote and co-produced The Ever After with her husband, Mark Webber. At the age of 18, she was cast by filmmaker Murali K. Thalluri in the independent Australian film 2:37.
Teresa Mary Palmer
Actress, Model, Writer
Birthday / Date of Birth
Teresa Palmer was born on February 26, 1986 in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
She is currently 33 years old.
Palmer graduated from Mercedes College, a private Catholic day school, in Springfield, Adelaide in 2003. She was accepted into a university to study teaching and was taking a course on journalism, but she dropped out to pursue an acting career.
- Father – Kevin Palmer (Investor)
- Mother – Paula Sanders (Former nurse and missionary)
- Siblings – She has two half-sisters, and 2 step-brothers
- Others – Kaaren Palmer (Stepmother), Isaac Love Webber (Stepson)
She is signed to HLA Management Australia.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Teresa Palmer dated –
- Stuart Dew (2005-2007) – Australian rules footballer, Stuart Dew started dating Aussie actress Teresa Palmer in early 2005. The relationship went until March 2007.
- Topher Grace (2007-2011) – After splitting from Stuart, the actress started dating American actor, Topher Grace in 2007. They dated ON and OFF from 2007 to 2011. After dating for a year, she separated with him in 2008. The actress was eager to start a family with Topher and for that reason, she also took him to Adelaide, Australia so that he could meet her parents. The two of these reconciled in 2009 and then dated until 2011. In 2011, they separated forever.
- Adam Brody (2008) – Teresa dated very briefly with actor and part-time musician, Adam Brody nearing January and February 2008.
- Russell Brand (2008) – Russell Brand, English comedian dated Palmer in 2008 for three to four months, when they met on the set of 2008 movie Bedtime Stories. After splitting from Topher Grace in 2008, Palmer dated Adam and Russell only.
- Scott Speedman (2011-2012) – This time, it’s Canadian actor (after dating with Australian, American and English personalities) Scott Speedman. The actress dated Scott from January 2011 to September 2012.
- Mark Webber (2012-Present) – Finally, Teresa started dating American actor and director, Mark Webber in November 2012, after she contacted him over Twitter. The two of these engaged on August 2, 2013. The couple married in Mexico on December 21, 2013. Teresa gave birth to couple’s first child, son Bodhi Rain Palmer on February 17, 2014. Teresa is also a stepmom to Mark’s son Isaac Love (born – approx 2008), who is from his previous relationship with actress Frankie Shaw. The couple welcomed their second child, son Forest Sage Palmer in December 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 4.5 inches
- In centimeters – 164 cm
- In meters – 1.64 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-36
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 34A
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Teresa Palmer had her first acting role in an independent Australian horror film Wolf Creek in 2005 playing a pool party girl. She got her break in 2006 when she was cast as Melody, a high school student who is driven to suicidal tendencies, in the movie 2:37. For her work, she was nominated for the Australian Film Institute Award for Best Lead Actress.
In 2018, she was picked to play the lead role of Diana Bishop in the Sky One television series A Discovery of Witches.
Her major work includes 2:37 (2006), December Boys (2007), Bedtime Stories (2008), Take Me Home Tonight (2011), Warm Bodies (2013), Kill Me Three Times (2014), Triple 9 (2016), Hacksaw Ridge (2016) and Berlin Syndrome (2017).
In her early career, Palmer appeared in various TV adverts and also modeled for fashion and beauty brands.
Awards & Nominations
|2006||AFI Awards||2:37||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Nominated|
|2011||Australians in Film Awards||Themselves||Breakthrough Award||Won|
|2013||FCCA Awards||Wish You Were Here||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2015||Maui Film Festival||Herself||Rising Star||Won|
|2016||BloodGuts UK Horror Awards||Lights Out||Best Actress||Nominated|
|AACTA Awards||Hacksaw Ridge||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2017||AACTA International Awards||Best International Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|AFCA Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|AACTA Awards||Berlin Syndrome||Nominated|
Teresa Palmer Favorites
- Favorite Movie – A Little Princess (1995)
Teresa Palmer Net Worth
She has accumulated a net worth of $3 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Teresa Palmer
- Teresa grew up on her dad’s farm in the Adelaide Hills.
- She did a slew of odd jobs before becoming an actress, including working as an attendant in a fast food joint, in clothing retailers, and appearing in television adverts.
- Her first acting job was dressing up as Strawberry Shortcake and Santa’s Little Helper on weekends for promotions in shopping centers near Adelaide.
- She took acting lessons for two years.
- She was discovered at the age of 18 years old by a talent scout and was cast in Murali K. Thalluri’s independent film 2:37. She was picked for the role without an audition and without prior acting experience.
- In 2015, she won the Rising Star award at the Maui Film Festival.
- She is an avid football fan and a number one ticker holder of the Port Adelaide Football Club.
- She was considered for the role of Gwen Stacy in The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) but Emma Stone was cast instead.
- She also runs her own health and wellness websites called ‘Your Zen Life’ and ‘Your Zen Mama’ with Australian actress and model Phoebe Tonkin and American actress Sara Wright respectively.
- Plamer had three pet kangaroos named Charlie, Radar and Tippi at her home in Australia.
- Canadian actress Vanessa Lengies was supposed to play Vanessa in The Grudge 2 (2006), which was originally written for her. It was later played by Palmer after Lengies turned it down due to scheduling conflicts.
- Palmer was originally considered for the role of “O” in the 2012 movie Savages which later went to Blake Lively.
- She is a big fan of Port Adelaide Football Club. Since 2009, she is the co-number one ticket holder for this club along with David Koch, Australian TV presenter.