Nick Robinson is an American actor. As a child he appeared in the 2008 stage productions of A Christmas Caroland Mame, following which he starred in the television sitcom Melissa & Joey. He went on to play a supporting role in science fiction film Jurassic World and took on lead roles in several teen dramas, including The Kings of Summer, The 5th Wave, Everything, Everything and Love, Simon.
Nicholas John Robinson
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nick Robinson was born on March 22, 1995 in Seattle, Washington, USA,
He is currently 23 years old.
He is of Croatian descent.
Nick graduated from Campbell Hall School in Los Angeles in 2013. He then got admission at the New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Studies but he chose to defer his first year so that he can work on Melissa & Joey.
- Father – Michael Robinson
- Mother – Denise Podnar
- Siblings – 4 younger siblings and 2 older half-siblings.
Principato Young Entertainment
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nick Robinson dated –
Nick is usually not vocal about his private life and prefers to keep his love life away from the media spotlight.
- In feet – 6 feet 2 inches
- In centimeters – 188 cm
- In meters – 1.88 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
Nick earned a lot of appreciation for his outstanding performance in Melissa & Joey as Ryder Scanlon as well as for his part in Jurassic World (2015), The Kings of Summer (2013), The 5th Wave (2016), Everything, Everything (2017) and Love, Simon (2018).
- Nick Robinson had his first acting job as Jake Logan in the Disney Channel original movie Frenemies, starring alongside Bella Thorne and Zendaya in 2012.
- His feature film debut came in 2013 when he was cast to star Joe Toy in director Jordan Vogt-Roberts’ coming-of-age comedy drama film, The Kings of Summer.
Nick played Ryder Scanlon in the ABC family sitcom “Melissa & Joey” from 2010 to 2015.
Awards & Nominations
|2013||Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards||Best Performance by a Youth in a Lead or Supporting Role – Male||The Kings of Summer||Nominated|
|2015||Young Entertainer Awards||Best Leading Young Actor – Feature Film||Jurassic World||Nominated|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Drama Movie Actor||Everything, Everything||Nominated|
|2018||MTV Movie & TV Awards||Best Kiss||Love, Simon||Won|
|Human Rights Campaign||Ally for Equality Award||Won|
|Maui Film Festival||Rising Star Award||Won|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Breakout Movie Star||Won|
|Choice Movie Ship||Nominated|
|Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society Mid-Season Film Awards||Best Actor||Nominated|
|44th People’s Choice Awards||The Male Movie Star of 2018||Nominated|
|The Comedy Movie Star of 2018||Nominated|
Nick Robinson Favorites
- Favorite Movie – The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Favorite Color – Grey
- Favorite Brand – Nike
Nick Robinson Net Worth
Nick Robinson has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nick Robinson
- He first showcased his acting skills in the Charles Dickens play “A Christmas Carol” at the age of 11.
- On the recommendation of a theater friend, Robinson met with a Hollywood talent agent Matt Casella in 2008. This kick started his career.
- When he got a role in Melissa & Joey, it was his second ever TV audition.
- Robinson was first considered for Ansel Elgort‘s role in The Fault in Our Stars (2014).
- His professional acing career started when he landed a role in the stage production of Charles Dickens’ novel A Christmas Carol. He has since appeared in a many stage productions.
- He was often compared with the famous actor James Franco. He has stated that he would like to work with him someday.
- He is close friends with actress Maika Monroe.
- In 2013, Nick was nominated in the category Best Performance by a Youth in a Lead or Supporting Role for hsi stellar performance in the movie The Kings of Summer.
- He was one of the many actors considered for the role of Han Solo in Solo: A Star Wars Story, which was played by Alden Ehrenreich.
- In 2018, he own multiple awards including Teen Choice and MTV Movie & TV Awards for his role as Simon Spier in the romantic teen comedy drama film Love, Simon.