Steven Seagal is an American actor, producer, screenwriter, musician, martial artist and 7th-dan black belt. He began his adult life as a martial arts instructor in Japan, becoming the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in the country. In 1988, he made his acting debut in Above the Law. In 1992, he played Navy SEAL counter-terrorist expert Casey Ryback in Under Siege. He has since appeared in films and reality shows, including Steven Seagal: Lawman, which depicted Seagal performing his duties as a reserve deputy sheriff.
Seagal is a guitarist and has released two studio albums, Songs from the Crystal Cave and Mojo Priest and performed on the scores of several of his films. He has worked with Stevie Wonder and Tony Rebel, who both performed on his debut album. He is known for his outspoken political views and support of Vladimir Putin, to whom he once referred as one of the great living world leaders. In 2018, Steven was appointed Russia’s special envoy to the U.S.
Steven Frederic Seagal
Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, Musician, Martial Artist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Steven Seagal was born on the 10th of April 1952, in Lansing, Michigan, United States.
He’s currently 70 years old.
He is of Jewish-Irish ancestry.
In February 1997, Lama Penor Rinpoche from Palyul monastery announced that Seagal was a tulku and specifically the reincarnation of Chungdrag Dorje, a 17th-century terton of the Nyingma, the oldest sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
Seagal attended Buena Park High School in Buena Park, California and Fullerton College between 1970 and 1971.
- Father – Samuel Steven Seagal (High School Mathematics Teacher)
- Mother – Patricia Seagal (Medical Technician)
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Steven Seagal has dated –
- Miyako Fujitani (1975-1986) – In 1974, Steven married Miyako Fujitani. He had two children from her; a son, actor and model Kentaro Seagal and a daughter, writer and actress Ayako Fujitani. He left her in 1987.
- Adrienne La Russa (1984-1984) – In 1984, Seagal was briefly married to actress Adrienne La Russa, but that marriage was annulled the same year over concerns that his divorce had not yet been finalized.
- Kelly LeBrock (1987-1996) – While he was married to La Russa, he fell in love with Kelly LeBrock and birth to Seagal’s daughter, Annaliza in early 1987. When this news spread his marriage with La Russa was annulled and he eventually married LeBrock in 1987 and their son, Dominic was born in June 1990. Their daughter, Arissa was born in 1993. In 1994, he divorced LeBrock quoting irreconcilable differences.
- Erdenetuya Batsukh (2009-Present) – In 2009, Seagal is married to Mongolian Erdenetuya Batsukh, better known as “Elle”. They have one son together, Kunzang.
- In feet – 6 feet 4 inches
- In centimeters – 193 cm
- In meters – 1.93 m
- In Kilograms – 130 kg
- In Pounds – 287 lbs
His shoe size is 13.5 (US).
Seagal starred in Under Siege (1992), which is considered one of his most commercially successful films till date. The movie went on to collect $156,563,139 at the box office and spawned a popular sequel, Under Siege 2: Dark Territory. In 2001, the movie was seen in the list of 100 Years… 100 Thrills.
In 2005, Steven released his debut album, Songs from the Crystal Cave, which has a mix of pop, world, country and blues music. It features duets with Tony Rebel, Lt. Stichie, Lady Saw and Stevie Wonder. The same year the film, Into the Sun featured a number of tracks from his album.
lIn 1987, Seaga began work on his first film, Above the Law (titled Nico in Europe), with director Andrew Davis.
In April 20, 1991, Steven hosted the episode of the late night variety show, Saturday Night Live, which aired as the 18th episode of the 16th season. Cast member David Spade regarded Seagal as the show’s worst host during Spade’s time there.
Steven Seagal Net worth
Steven Seagal has an estimated net worth of $16 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Steven Seagal
- Instagram – seagalofficial
- Twitter – Steven Seagal
- YouTube Channel – Steven Seagal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Steven Seagal
- Seagal got a job as a dishwasher in a restaurant, The Wagon Wheel. Since he was extremely swift on his feet, the cook who was a Japanese Shotokan karate expert, observed him and decided to give him some training on the basics of karate.
- He Shifted to Japan from the U.S in the year around 1972 and then he started his career with Martial art.
- He earned a 7th dan degree and Shihan in aikido and became the first foreigner in Japan to operate an aikido dojo.
- In 1988, Steven was approached to write and coordinate the martial arts sequences for, Above the Law, directed by Andrew Davis.
- In May 1991, Warner Bros. employees Raenne Malone, Nicole Selinger and Christine Keeve accused Seagal of sexual harassment.
- In 1995, he starred in the sequel of Under Siege, which went on to become one of his most commercially successful films titled, Under Siege 2: Dark Territory.
- In 1995, Seagal was charged with employment discrimination, sexual harassment and breach of contract. Cheryl Shuman filed a case against Seagal, accusing him of threatening and beating her during the filming of On Deadly Ground.
- In 1998, he made The Patriot, another environmental thriller which was his first direct-to-video release in the United States. Seagal produced this film with his own money and the film was shot on-location on and near his farm in Montana.
- In 2009, A&E Network premiered the reality television series Steven Seagal: Lawman, focusing on Seagal as a deputy in Louisiana.
- In 2010, Steven returned to mainstream Hollywood with the movie Machete where he played the role of Rogelio Torrez. The same year, he also starred in Sheep Impact.
- In 2011, he produced and starred in a 13-episode television series entitled True Justice.
- In May 2011, Seagal helped train Brazilian Mixed Martial Artist Lyoto Machida, who credited Seagal for helping him perfect the front kick that he used to knock out Randy Couture at UFC 129.
- In 2013, Steven joined newly formed Russian firearms manufacturer ORSIS, representing the company in both a promotional capacity as well as lobbying for the easement of US import restrictions on Russian sporting firearms.