Halle Berry is an American actress. Berry won the 2002 Academy Award for Best Actress for her performance in the romantic drama Monster’s Ball. As of 2018, she is the only woman of African American descent to have won the award.
Maria Halle Berry
Actress, Former Model
Birthday / Date of Birth
Halle Berry was born on August 14, 1966 in Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
She is currently 52 years old.
Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States.
She has English and German ancestry on her mother’s side, while she is of African American descent on her father’s side.
She graduated from Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio. Berry then went to Cuyahoga Community College in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Father – Jerome Jesse Berry (Hospital Attendant; later he became a bus driver)
- Mother – Judith Ann (née Hawkins) (Psychiatric Nurse)
- Siblings – Heidi Berry-Henderson (Older Sister)
- Others – Nellie Dicken (Maternal Grandmother), Earl Ellsworth Hawkins (Maternal Grandfather)
She is signed to Vincent Cirrincione Talent Management.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Halle Berry dated –
- Wesley Snipes (1989-1990) – In August 1989, actors Wesley Snipes and Halle Berry were romantically linked with each other after they worked together in Spike Lee’s “Jungle Fever”. But, this relationship saw an end in February 1990 after Wesley was blamed for physically abusing the actress.
- David Justice (1992-1997) – In April 1992, Halle started dating baseball player, David Justice. Soon on December 31, 1992, the duo married each other. They remained happily married for more than 3 years and separated in 1996. On June 24, 1997, their divorce was finalized.
- Shemar Moore (1997-1998) – She dated actor Shemar Moore for a couple of months from 1997 to 1998.
- Eric Benét (1999-2005) – After separating from Moore, Halle commenced dating singer Eric Benét in 1999. On August 14, 1997, the duo engaged each other. The couple married on January 24, 2001. The marriage didn’t go far and they split in September 2003. The divorce was finalized on January 3, 2005.
- Fred Durst (2003) – She was RUMORed to have had a fling with musician Fred Durst in October 2003.
- Steve Jones (2003) – In November 2003, Berry was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Welsh talk show host, Steve Jones.
- Michael Ealy (2004-2005) – From July 2004 to October 2005, she was romantically linked to another actor Michael Ealy.
- Gabriel Aubry (2005-2010) – This time, she started dating Canadian model, Gabriel Aubry in December 2005. However, they met a month before, in November 2005 during a Versace photoshoot. The couple separated in April 2010. During this time, Halle gave birth to the couple’s daughter Nahla Ariela (born – March 16, 2008).
- Olivier Martinez (2010-Present) – French actor, Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry became an item in August 2010. They met during the filming of “Dark Tide” in South Africa. In January 2012, the couple engaged each other. The very next year, on July 13, 2013, Olivier and Halle married in France. They have a son together, named Maceo-Robert (born – October 5, 2013).
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 55 kg
- In Pounds – 121 lbs
- Measurements – 36-26-37
- Bust – 36 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34DD
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Playing Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the superhero film Catwoman (2004), as Giacinta ‘Jinx’ Johnson in Die Another Day (2002), as Ororo Munroe / Storm in X-Men film series (2000, 2003, 2006, 2014), as Zola Taylor in Why Do Fools Fall in Love (1998).
Berry appeared in the 1991 drama film Jungle Fever for her role as Vivian.
In 1989, Halle played the role as Emily Franklin in the situation comedy Living Dolls. She appeared in a total of 13 episodes.
She has appeared in several television commercials M&Ms Candy (1999), Revlon (2001-2003), Pepsi-Cola Twist (2001-2002), TNN’s “James Bond for the 21st Century” (with Pierce Brosnan) (2002), Martin Luther King Memorial Project (2003) & Deichmann, Germany (2012).
Halle Berry Favorite
- Favorite Actresses – Dorothy Dandridge, Jodie Foster, Whoopi Goldberg
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Beauty Products – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Daily moisturizer with SPF 15, and Sumptuous Mascara
- Favorite Food – Grilled tuna teamed with garlic mashed potatoes
Halle Berry Net Worth
Halle Berry’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $75 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Halle Berry
- She was a cheerleader in her high school.
- Berry’s name was changed from “Maria Halle Berry” to “Halle Maria Berry” legally at the age of five.
- She got her name “Halle” from Halle’s Department Store, which was situated at her birthplace.
- Halle has been titled with “Miss Ohio USA” in 1986, and “Miss Teen All American” in the year 1985.
- Her parents separated when she was four years old. And, so Halle and her sister were raised by her mom.
- Halle has worked at Higbee’s Department store previously.
- In February 2000, Berry was involved in a traffic collision and left the scene. She pleaded no contest to misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident.
- In 2003, she was placed #1 on People’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- In May 2007, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger vetoed the facility.
- She likes to watch comedy movies rather than drama.
- Halle likes to purchase shoes. She has 100s of shoes and Halle keeps them out of the box at the display so that she does not forget that she owns them.
- She voiced the role of Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the 2004 video game “Catwoman: The Video Game”.
- In 2014, Berry signed on to star and serve as a co-executive producer in CBS drama series Extant, where she took on the role of Molly Woods, an astronaut who struggles to reconnect with her husband and android son after spending 13 months in space.
- Halle has two dogs named Polly and Willy.