Filipe Luís is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a left back for Spanish club Atlético Madrid and the Brazil national team. Filipe Luís made his debut for Brazil in 2009 and went on to earn over 30 caps, representing the nation at the 2013 Confederations Cup, two Copas América and the 2018 World Cup and winning the former tournament.
Filipe Luís Kasmirski
Professional Soccer Player
- 3 – Atlético Madrid, Chelsea FC, Deportivo de La Coruña
- 14, 6 – Atlético Madrid
- 25 – Deportivo de La Coruña, Ajax Amsterdam
- 6, 16, 14 – Brazil National Team
Birthday / Date of Birth
Filipe Luís was born on August 09, 1985 in Jaraguá do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil.
He is currently 33 years old.
He is based in Madrid, Spain.
He has Polish and Italian ancestry on his father’s side. While on his mother’s side, he is of Italian and Austrian descent.
Filipe Luís polished his skills and game at the youth academy of Figueirense.
- Father – Moises Kasmirski
- Mother – Sueli Stinghen Kasmirski
- Siblings – Luis Cláudio Kasmirski (Brother)
- Others – Ignacio Kasmirski (Paternal Grandfather), Ivo Stinghen (Maternal Grandfather), Elzira Chiodini (Maternal Grandmother)
Filipe Luís is represented by Portuguese football agent Jorge Mendes.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Filipe Luís his dated –
- Patricia Kasmirski (2010-Present) – In 2010, he started going out with Patricia Kasmirski. He met her after having joined Atletico Madrid. Eventually, they got married in a romantic wedding ceremony and in 2013, Patricia gave birth to their son, Tiago. Their daughter, Sara, was born in 2014. They welcomed their second son, Lucas, into their family in 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 11¾ inches
- In centimeters – 182 cm
- In meters – 1.82 m
- In Kilograms – 66 kg
- In Pounds – 146 lbs
His great performances for the Spanish side, Atlético Madrid. His performances for the team have helped him become one of the finest full-backs in the Spanish league.
Soccer Match Debut
In September 2006, he made his professional debut for Deportivo de La Coruña in a La Liga match against RCD Mallorca. The match ended in a goalless draw. In September 2010, he made his first appearance for Atlético Madrid in a home La Liga match against Real Zaragoza. He assisted Diego Costa‘s goal which was the only goal scored in the match. He was declared Man of the Match. He made his first appearance for Chelsea FC in a Premier League match against Everton in August 2014. He replaced Eden Hazard late in the 2nd half of the match which his side won by 6-3. In October 2009, he made his first international appearance in a 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Venezuela.
In 2015, Filipe Luís made his first TV show appearance in the sports show, Match of the Day.
Filipe Luís has signed a personal endorsement deal with Adidas. The deal requires him to wear Adidas shoes for all his professional matches.
Filipe Luís Net worth
Filipe Luís’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Filipe Luís
- He started his soccer journey at the Brazilian soccer club, Figueirense FC. At Figueirense, he used to play as an attacking midfielder.
- In 2004, he moved to the iconic AFC Ajax. He was immediately moved to the Ajax Reserve team.
- While he was signed up with Ajax, he was called up by manager Danny Blind twice. However, he never made a professional appearance with the Dutch club.
- In August 2006, he joined the Spanish club, Deportivo. His new club had an option to buy him out for $2.2 million. The club decided to sign him on a permanent basis in June 2008. He signed a 5-year contract with his new club.
- In January 2010, he suffered a serious injury after Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Gorka Iraizoz landed on his leg, which caused serious damage to his right fibula. He had to miss matches for about 4 months.
- He moved to Atlético Madrid in July 2010 as the capital club decided to pay a reported transfer fee of €12 million. He signed a 5-year contract with his new club.
- He scored his first goal for Atlético Madrid in April 2011 in his side’s match against Real Sociedad. His side comfortably won the match by 3-0.
- He managed to win the La Liga title with his team in the 2013-14 season. At the end of the season, he was voted the best defender in the Spanish league along with Sergio Ramos.
- Chelsea FC decided to stump out a fee of £15.8 million to secure the Brazilian full-back. In July 2014, he signed a 3-year contract deal with the club.
- In December 2014, he scored his first goal for Chelsea in the League Cup quarter-final match against Derby County. It was a 25-yard free-kick that helped his side win the match by 3-1.
- In his only season with Chelsea, he won the Premier League title. He also managed to win Football League Cup with the London based club.
- In 2014, Filipe Luís’ second child, a daughter named Sara, was born. He also fathered a son the previous year, Tiago.
- In July 2015, he decided to return to Atlético Madrid and signed a 4-year contract with the club.
- In March 2018, after a collision with FC Lokomotiv Moscow’s Eder in a Europa League tie, Filipe Luís broke the fibula in his left leg, initially being thought to miss the rest of the season and thus the 2018 FIFA World Cup but making a recovery in two months.