Dascha Polanco is a Dominican American actress known for playing the character Dayanara “Daya” Diaz on the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black. As of January 2018, she has a recurring role on The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story as Detective Lori Weider.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Dascha Polanco was born on December 03, 1982, in Dominican Republic.
She is currently 36 years old.
She has Dominican Republic ancestry.
Dascha got her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Hunter College. Polanco has also studied nursing from Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, New York City. Dascha has also attended Break Into Hollywood (BIH) studios in New York.
- Father – Rubén Darío Polanco (Mechanic)
- Mother – Janet Polanco (Cosmetologist)
- Siblings – She has a brother and a sister.
She is signed with these agencies –
- Shirley Grant Management
- The Gersh Agency, Inc
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dascha Polanco dated –
Dascha is very private about her life, especially love life. She has previously engaged to a person. But, she didn’t reveal the name of that guy.
Polanco has two children, a daughter and a son. Her daughter portrayed a younger version of Polanco’s character in the fifth season of Orange is the New Black.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 74 kg
- In Pounds – 163 lbs
- Measurements – 41-30-42
- Bust – 41 inches
- Waist – 30 inches
- Hip – 42 inches
- Bra Size – 38C
Her dress size is 12 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Playing Dayanara Diaz in the comedy-drama series Orange Is the New Black.
Dascha first appeared in the 2013 independent drama film Gimme Shelter for her role as Caramel.
In 2011, Dascha appeared in the police procedural drama series Unforgettable for her role as Estella in just 1 episode.
She has appeared in an Old Navy TV commercial. Dascha has also been featured in NFL’s Women’s Apparel line in 2015 alongside other ladies like Alyssa Milano, Jamie Chung, etc.
Dascha Polanco Favorite
- Favorite Beauty Products – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Daily moisturizer with SPF 15, Sumptuous Mascara
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Riccardo Tisci, Frida Giannini, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung and Rag & Bone
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Christian Louboutin, Tabitha Simmons
- Favorite Restaurant – Her Kitchen
- Favorite Lip Color – N*de
Dascha Polanco Net Worth
Dascha Polanco’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $5 million dollars.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dascha Polanco
- Polanco, for the most part, was raised in US-based cities Brooklyn (in New York) and Miami by her parents.
- Dascha wanted to be an actress from a young age. But, she didn’t audition because of her weight.
- She has worked as a nurse in the healthcare industry and hospital administrator at Montefiore Medical Center.
- She got the courage to audition for film roles and work in the entertainment industry when she was working as a nurse.
- Her mom died when she was young. And, due to all this, she faced depression issues.
- Just 2 years Dascha’s senior Elizabeth Rodriguez played the role of her mother in Orange is the New Black.
- Her first full time acting job came with the role of Dayanara Diaz in the Orange Is the New Black.
- In 2012, Polanco was cast in the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black as Dayanara “Daya” Diaz, an inmate in a women’s prison; it was her first full-time acting job.
- In June 2014, it was announced that she had been promoted from a recurring role to a series regular for the show’s third season, which was released in June 2015.