Gareth Bale is a Welsh professional footballer who plays as a winger for Spanish club Real Madrid and the Wales national team. Renowned for his ball striking from distance, swerving free kicks, and his ability to get past defenders with pace, Bale has received plaudits from his peers, who have described him as a footballer with “tremendous speed, great crossing ability, a great left foot and exceptional physical qualities”.
Gareth Frank Bale
Welsh Winger, GB11
Birthday / Date of Birth
Gareth Bale was born on July 16, 1989 in Cardiff, Wales.
He is currently 29 years old.
Bale attended Eglwys Newydd Primary School at Whitchurch.
- Father – Frank (School Caretaker)
- Mother – Debbie (Operations Manager)
- Siblings – Vicky Bale (Sister)
At present, he plays for the Real Madrid Club, whose manager is Carlo Ancelotti (former Italian midfielder).
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gareth Bale dated –
- Emma Rhys-Jones (2003-Present) – Welsh resident Emma and star footballer Gareth Bale met for the first time when they were in school in 2003 (at the age of 14). They are together since that time. Gareth has now engaged his high school sweetheart. Emma gave birth to their first child – a girl, named Alba Violet (b. October 21, 2012) at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. They now live in London together.
- In feet – 6 feet 0½ inches
- In centimeters – 184 cm
- In meters – 1.84 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Gareth’s shoe size is 11 (US).
Playing football for Spanish La Liga club Real Madrid and the Wales national team as a winger.
Gareth has not got a chance to appear in any of the films.
Gareth has good command over the ball and goes forward with goal scoring touch.
He is weak at defending the ball and so plays mostly at the left winger position.
• “Carwyn James Award” for the “BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year” in Dec 2006.
• “Barclays Player of the Month” for April 2010
• “Football League Young Player of the Year” on March 04, 2007.
• “2010 BBC Cymru Wales Sports Personality of the Year.”
• “Player of the Year” on April 17, 2011 for 2010-11 season by Professional Footballers Association.
• “PFA Players’ Player of the Year,” 2012-2012.
• “Young Player of the Year,” 2012-1013.
- Free kick specialist.
- Shaggy, simian-style haircut.
- Makes heart shaped sign with hands after scoring a goal.
- He spurred controversy with his comments on England Football. He said, They [England fans] big themselves up before they’ve done anything, so we’re going to go there and believe we can beat them.
- I think we’ve got a lot more passion and pride about us than them. We’ll definitely show that on the day. I don’t know what it is but, if you’re Welsh, we feel more pride and passion than anyone else.
- Look at the national anthem, everyone sings, the whole stadium. I don’t think any other nation would do that. Being Welsh just brings it out of you.
- Asked how many England players would get into the Wales team, Bale cheekily responded “None”.
Gareth Bale Favorite
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Footballers – Cristiano Ronaldo
- Favorite Food – Chicken Wrap, Medium Sauce, Spanish dry cured ham, Jamon, Dairy Milk or Galaxy chocolates
- Favorite Hotel – Txistu, Madrid, Spain
- Favorite Football Trick – Side-step
- Favorite Color – Red
Gareth Bale Net worth
Gareth Bale’s net worth has accumulated to approximately $125 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gareth Bale
- Gareth has been playing club football since he was 9 and was spotted first by FC Southampton.
- He has always been active in sports and played rugby and hockey besides football in his school in addition to athletics.
- He has come a far way from playing for “Tottenham Hotspur” for £7 million to an estimated €100 million for “Real Madrid”, the highest world record transfer fees at that time.
- Gareth was selected for the UEFA Team of the Year 2011.
- Bale could play for England as his grandmother is from England but he chose to play for Wales, as he loves Wales and the England team board never contacted him to play for the team.
- Bale won the PFA Players’ Player of the Year award in 2011 and 2013.
- Gareth is the nephew of former Cardiff City footballer Chris Pike.
- He started taking more interest in football at the age of nine.
- He is good friends with Theo Walcott at Arsenal.
- His football idol was Manchester United’s Ryan Giggs while growing up.
- In 26 March 2013, Bale filed an application with the Intellectual Property Office to register a logo based on his heart shaped goal celebration along with his squad number (eleven) to be used on a range of merchandise such as clothing and footwear.
- In November 2014, Bale appeared in FIFA’s “11 against Ebola” campaign with a selection of top football players from around the world, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Xavi and African star Didier Drogba.