Simon Cowell is an English television music and talent show judge, A&R executive, businessman, talent manager, television producer, critic and entrepreneur. He has judged on the British TV talent competition series Pop Idol, The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, and the American TV talent competition shows American Idol, The X Factor and America’s Got Talent. Cowell is the principal, founder and chief executive of the British entertainment company Syco. In 2004 and 2010, Time named Cowell one of the 100 most influential people in the world. In 2008, The Daily Telegraph ranked him sixth in their list of the 100 most powerful people in British culture.
Simon Phillip Cowell
Nasty Simon, Mr. Nasty, Judge Dread, Sarcastic Simon
A&R Representative, Reality Television Judge, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist
Birthday / Date of Birth
Simon Cowell was born on October 07, 1959, in Lambeth, London, England, UK.
He’s currently 59 years old.
On his father’s side, he is of Jewish descent, whereas his mother has English ancestry.
Cowell attended Radlett Preparatory School and the Independent Dover College, as did his brother, but left after taking GCE O levels. He passed English Language and Literature and then attended Windsor Technical College, where he gained another GCE in Sociology.
- Father – Eric Selig Phillip Cowell (Estate Agent Developer and Music Industry Executive)
- Mother – Julie Brett Josie Dalglish (Ballet Dancer and Socialite)
- Siblings – Nicholas Cowell (Younger Brother), John Cowell (Step Brother), Tony Cowell (Older Step Brother), Michael Cowell (Step Brother), June Cowell (Older Step Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Simon Cowell dated –
- Sinitta (1984) – Simon had a highly publicized affair with Sinitta in 1984. She left him within a year by dumping him for David Essex. However, they have remained close over the years and he had even invited her for several of his gigs on his talent shows.
- Louise Payne (1995-1998) – Simon was reported to have had an ON and OFF relationship with Page 3 celebrity Louise Payne for three years. They had met at the swanky London nightclub and Simon fell for her at the very first moment. Their relationship ended because Louise wanted to have kids.
- Alicia Douvall (2001) – Simon met Alicia Douvall at a hotel bar in 2001 and dated her for around six months. As per her interview, they were having all night romps after their third date.
- Georgina Law (2002) – Simon Cowell had a six-month long affair with lap dancer Georgina Law in 2002 after having met at the Spearmint Rhino Club where she used to work. It wasn’t a boyfriend and girlfriend thing and according to Simon, she was quite skilled in that area.
- Terri Seymour (2001-2006) – Simon’s relationship with TV Presenter Terri Seymour was his first long relationship. They dated each other for around 6 years before she dumped him in 2006. However, they have remained on friendly terms post-breakup.
- Jasmine Lennard (2006) – In 2006, reality TV contestant Jasmine Lennard and Simon dated each other for 6 months. He was still romancing Terri Seymour at that time. Hence, this relationship was kept secret.
- Dannii Minogue (2007) – Simon shacked up with Australian singer Dannii Minogue when she was working as a judge in X Factor show. Simon was apparently smitten by her dressing style and her assets.
- Mezhgan Hussainy (2010-2011) – After dating for several months, Simon proposed to the makeup artist Hussainy in 2010. However, things turned sour after that. The only news to emerge later on about them was that Simon had bought $5 million house for her.
- Carmen Electra (2012-2013) – From December 2012 to February 2013, Simon dated glamour model, actress and TV personality Carmen Electra.
- Lauren Silverman (2013-Present) – Simon started dating Lauren Silverman in 2013 while she was still married to Andrew Silverman, which caused quite a stir as Andrew cited adultery in his divorce application. Within weeks of the divorce filing, it was reported that Lauren was pregnant with Simon’s child. In August 2013, the divorce was settled out of court, thus saving Simon’s embarrassment of appearing in the court. Their son, Eric was born in February 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 84 kg
- In Pounds – 185 lbs
- Measurements – 45-15-36
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Working as a judge in numerous American and British talent competitions, most notably The X Factor.
In 2000, His first film appearance was in romantic comedy film Maybe Baby as a cameo (Special Thanks).
Simon Cowell made his first TV show appearance in Sale of the Century in 1989 as himself (Contestant).
Simon Cowell has starred in commercials for Verizon Xtra Factor App, Vanilla Coke (2003), Pizza Hut (2002) etc. He has endorsed Sony X Headphones in 2012.
Simon Cowell Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack Nicholson
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep
- Favorite Movie – The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Song – Kiss Me (By Ed Sheeran)
Simon Cowell Net worth
Simon Cowell his a estimated net worth of $570 million dollars as of 2019. He built working his way up from a record company intern to becoming a famous talent judge on Pop Idol, American Idol, Britain’s Got Talent, The X-Factor and now America’s Got Talent.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Simon Cowell
- At one point in time, he even worked as a waiter at Elton John’s London restaurant.
- The Daily Telegraph has placed Cowell at #6 position in the list of Hundred Most Influential Personalities in British Culture in the past.
- Cowell is obsessed with cleanliness and takes about three baths a day. In addition, he also likes to take around two steam sessions a day.
- Simon Cowell used to work as a mail boy at the EMI Music Publishing before rising to the position of A&R representative.
- In 1985, he formed the Fanfare Records with partner Iain Burton. The company produced hits like So macho and Toyboy and enjoyed short term success. The company closed down in 1989 forcing Cowell to move-in with his parents.
- In 2002, he founded Syco Entertainment which acts a production company, talent agency, record label and music publisher.
- In 2002, he founded Syco Entertainment, a global joint venture with Sony Music Entertainment in which each party hold 50% share. The company deals in music, television and digital content and is the producer of The X factor and Got Talent franchises.
- He was presented the Special Recognition Award at The 14th national Television Awards, U.K. in 2008.
- He won the BAFTA Special Award in 2010 for his outstanding contribution to the television entertainment industry and commitment to new talent.
- He was named as one of the 100 most influential people by the American magazine Time twice in 2004 and 2010.
- In 2013, TV Guide placed him at #10 spot in the list featuring 60 Nastiest Villains of All-Time.
- In 2014, his black Bugatti Veyron was sold for $1.25 million at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale. The collected auctioned amount was donated to a charity.