Shay Mitchell is a Canadian actress, model, entrepreneur and author. She rose to prominence starring as Emily Fields in the Freeform series Pretty Little Liars. In 2018, Mitchell starred in the American psychological thriller series You and the horror film The Possession of Hannah Grace.
Shannon Ashley Mitchell
Shay, Shay Buttah, Shay Mitch
Actress, Model, Businesswoman, Author
Birthday / Date of Birth
Shay Mitchell was born on April 10, 1987, in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
She’s currently 31 years old.
She has Filipino ancestry on her mother’s side and Irish / Scottish ancestry on her father’s side.
Shay Mitchell attended Rockridge Secondary School. Later, she enrolled herself in West Vancouver Secondary School in West Vancouver, B.C, Canada.
- Father – Mark Mitchell
- Mother – Precious Garcia
- Siblings – Sean Mitchell (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shay Mitchell dated –
- Keegan Allen (2012) – American actor Keegan was RUMORed to be dating Mitchell in April 2012.
- Ryan Silverstein (2013-2014) – From 2013 to 2014, the actress dated Ryan Silverstein, who grew up with Drake in Toronto.
- Matte Babel (2018) – She is dating TV host and music reporter Matte Babel. On 1 January 2019, she revealed on her Instagram profile that she had suffered a miscarriage in 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 7.5 inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters – 1.71 m
- In Kilograms – 60 kg
- In Pounds – 132 lbs
- Measurements – 37-25-34
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
She gained International fame and visibility for her role as Emily Fields in the ABC’s teen drama mystery thriller television series Pretty Little Liars.
In 2013, Shay played the role of Marissa in the short film Immediately Afterlife.
In 2009, she guest appeared as herself in an episode titled “Up Where We Belong” on the Canadian teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Shay has has affiliated several brands like American Eagle, Nike and Biore. In 2011, she was made the spokesperson for the Pantene Nature Fusion shampoo line.
Awards & Nominations
|2011||Pretty Little Liars||Young Hollywood Awards||Cast to Watch||Won|
|Youth Rock Award||Rockin’ TV Actress||Nominated|
|2014||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Star – Female||Nominated|
|2015||MTV Fandom Awards||Ship Of The Year||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Drama||Nominated|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer TV Star – Female||Nominated|
|People’s Choice Awards||Favorite Cable TV Actress||Nominated|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Drama||Nominated|
|Choice TV Ship||Nominated|
|2018||Herself||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Web Star: Fashion/Beauty||Nominated|
Shay Mitchell Favorites
- Favorite Food – Italian, Thai, Mother’s Cooked Food
- Favorite TV Shows – Entourage, Californication, Oprah
- Favorite Movies – Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008), The Little Mermaid (1989), Under the Tuscan Sun (2003)
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Moorea, Tahiti
Shay Mitchell Net worth
Her net worth is estimated to be $3 million dollars as of 2019 with the majority of her earning comes from acting and endorsements. She launched her production company Amore & Vita Inc. in 2017.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shay Mitchell
- She took dance lessons when she was 5 years old and toured the city along with her friends to participate in inter-school dancing competitions.
- She wanted to make a career in entertainment since she was young and even told her parents about pursuing a career in performing arts someday.
- Shay entered into show business as a model and modeled for a variety of companies in cities as varied as Bangkok, Hong Kong and Barcelona.
- Shortly after signing with a theatrical agency, Shay Mitchell made her first appearance in the Canadian teen drama series Degrassi: The Next Generation.
- She is afraid of rodents and small spaces.
- She has a celebrity crush on Paul Walker and Ryan Gosling.
- Shay loves cooking. She can cook nice pizza and pasta.
- In 2011, She won the Young Hollywood Awards for Cast to Watch (shared with Troian Bellisario, Lucy Hale and Ashley Benson).
- In January 2011, Mitchell signed a contract with Procter & Gamble to be the spokesperson for the Pantene Nature Fusion shampoo line.
- Mitchell co-authored the young adult novel Bliss with Michaela Blaney in 2015.
- In September 2017, Mitchell landed a lead role in ABC’s pilot of The Heiresses adapted from the book with the same name from Sara Shepard created by I. Marlene King.
- In August 2017, Mitchell was cast in a starring role on the former Lifetime television series You, in the role of socialite Peach Salinger which was released in September 2018.
- In 2017, Mitchell started a production company Amore & Vita Inc. with manager David Dean Portelli and has already signed a contract with Warner Bros. Television Group.
- In February 9, 2018, Shay ran topless through the streets of Los Angeles for hitting 3 million subscribers on her YouTube channel.