Andrea Riseborough is an English actress. She made her film debut in Venus and has subsequently appeared in Happy-Go-Lucky, Never Let Me Go, Brighton Rock, Made in Dagenham, W.E., Shadow Dancer, Disconnect, Welcome to the Punch, Oblivion, Birdman, Nocturnal Animals, Battle of the Sexes and The Death of Stalin and Mandy.
Andrea won critical acclaim for her performances in the Channel 4 miniseries The Devil’s Whore. In 2020, Andrea stars with Gabriel Byrne in the international cocaine trade drama ZeroZeroZero an eight-part series adapted from the book by Roberto Saviano, which had its debut on Sky in the UK and Amazon Prime in the US.
Andrea Louise Riseborough
Birthday / Date of Birth
Andrea Riseborough was born on the 20th of November 1981, in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, England.
She’s currently 38 years old.
Andrea got her school level education from Newcastle upon Tyne Church High School in Jesmond. She graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (2005). Later, she studied acting at Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and the East 15 Acting School.
- Father – George Riseborough (Car Dealer)
- Mother – Isabel Johnson (Secretary)
- Siblings – Laura Riseborough (Sister) (Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andrea Riseborough has dated –
- Joe Appel (2009-2016) – In 2009, Andrea met Idaho artist Joe Appel at the premiere of a Woody Allen movie in Los Angeles and immediately exchanged numbers. The actress even moved to Los Angeles to be with her American sweetheart. They lived together in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles. In 2016 the things didn’t work out and they opted to go separate ways.
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 4 (US).
Andrea known for the Academy Award winning movie, Birdman (2014) which won the Oscar for Best Picture at the 87th Academy Awards. Andrea won critical acclaim for her performances in the Channel 4 miniseries The Devil’s Whore.
In 2006, Andrea made her first film appearance was comedy drama movie, Venus directed by Roger Michell for her role as a waitress.
In 2005, Andrea made her television show debut with her role in Doc Martin as Samantha in 1 episode.
Andrea hasn’t done endorsement projects or campaigns for any brand.
Awards & Nominations
|2009||BAFTA Award||British Academy Television Award for Best Actress||Nominated|
|RTS Television Award||Best Actor (Female)||Won|
|2010||BIFA Award||Most Promising Newcomer||Nominated|
|Best Performance by an Actress in a British Independent Film||Nominated|
|2012||BIFA Award||Best Performance by an Actress in a British Independent Film||Won|
|Evening Standard British Film Award||Best Actress||Won|
|IFTA Award||Best International Actress||Nominated|
|London Film Critics’ Circle Award||Best British Actress of the Year||Nominated|
|Edinburgh International Film Festival Award||Best Performance in British Feature Film||Nominated|
|2014||Alliance of Women Film Journalists Award||Best Ensemble||Won|
|Boston Society of Film Critics Award||Best Cast||Runner-up|
|Boston Online Film Critics Association Awards||Best Ensemble||Won|
|Critics’ Choice Movie Award||Best Acting Ensemble||Won|
|Central Ohio Film Critics Association Award||Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|Detroit Film Critics Society Award||Best Ensemble||Won|
|Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Cast||Best Cast||Nominated|
|Georgia Film Critics Association Award||Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|Las Vegas Film Critics Society Award||Won|
|New York Film Critics Online Awards||Best Ensemble Cast||Won|
|North Texas Film Critics Association Award||Best Ensemble Cast||Won|
|Phoenix Film Critics Society Award||Best Ensemble Acting||Won|
|San Diego Film Critics Society Awards||Best Film Ensemble||Won|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture||Won|
|Southeastern Film Critics Association Award||Best Ensemble||Nominated|
|Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Awards||Best Acting Ensemble||Won|
|2017||Savannah Film Festival||Outstanding Supporting Actress Award ||Won|
|BIFA Award||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
Andrea Riseborough Favorites
- Favorite Movie – Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)
- Favorite Book – A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn
- Favorite Jewelry – Rings
- Favorite Clothing Items – Black Felt Fedora and Faux Snakeskin Cowboy Boots
- Favorite Building – Guggenheim Museum in Venice
- Favorite Art Works – Heaven, Hell and Purgatory Panel by Hieronymus Bosch, The Garden of Earthly Delights
Andrea Riseborough Net worth
Andrea Riseborough has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – andreariseborough
Some Lesser Known Facts About Andrea Riseborough
- Andrea received a BAFTA nomination for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in the television film, The Long Walk to Finchley.
- Andrea starred in the US premiere of Alexi Kaye Campbell’s The Pride at the Lucille Lortel Theatre.
- Andrea won critical acclaim for her performances in the Channel 4 miniseries The Devil’s Whore.
- She has been cast in Waco a six-part television series about the 51-day 1993 standoff between the ATF, FBI and David Koresh’s Branch Davidians at Waco, Texas.
- In 2010, Andrea appears in Rowan Joffé’s film adaptation of Brighton Rock alongside Helen Mirren and John Hurt.
- In 2010, Andrea appeared in the film, Made in Dagenham and Mark Romanek’s adaptation of Never Let Me Go.
- In 2011, Andrea stars alongside Michael Sheen and Iwan Rheon in Resistance an adaptation of an Owen Sheers novel.
- In 2013, she started a production company called Mother Sucker. The name was inspired from her mother.
- In 2015, she starred with Alexander Skarsgård in the thriller film, Hidden a low-budget film directed by The Duffer Brothers.
- In 2016, Andrea co-starred opposite Steve Coogan in apartheid drama, Shepherds and Butchers.
- In 2017, she appeared as Stalin’s daughter in the comedy-drama film, The Death of Stalin and was praised by Variety for the shrewd, multi-layered complexity of her performance.
- In 2018, Andrea will star opposite Garrett Hedlund in Andrew Heckler’s indie feature Burden.
- In 2020, Andrea stars with Gabriel Byrne in the international cocaine trade drama ZeroZeroZero an eight-part series adapted from the book by Roberto Saviano.