Ryan Higa is an American comedian, YouTuber and actor. He is known for his comedy videos on YouTube, which have been viewed over 3 billion times. Higa’s YouTube channel, nigahiga, was the most subscribed channel on YouTube for 677 consecutive days from 2009–2011, longer than any other channel besides PewDiePie. As of June 2018, he has over 21 million subscribers, making his channel the 36th most subscribed on YouTube.
YouTuber Personality, Comedian, Actor
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ryan Higa was born on 6 June 1990, in Hilo, Hawaii, United States.
He is currently 29 years old.
He is of Japanese descent.
Ryan Higa went to the Waiakea High School in his hometown and graduated in 2008. Later, he got enrolled at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas to study nuclear science.
- Father – Wendell Higa
- Mother – Luci Higa
- Siblings – Kyle Higa (Older Brother)
Ryan Higa is managed by his mother Luci Higa. He is also represented by Joanna Volpe of New Leaf Literary & Media Inc.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Higa dated –
- Tarynn Nago (2006-2010) – Ryan started dating fellow YouTube personality Tarynn Nago in 2006. In course of their relationship, Tarynn made a number of guest appearances in his videos. They decided to go separate ways in 2010.
- Andrea Thi (2010) – Ryan was reported to be dating a girl named Andrea Thi in 2010. They made their relationship public by posting a series of their pictures on their respective social media accounts. However, that relationship didn’t last beyond months and by the end of 2010, they had broken up.
- Arden Cho (2016) – Towards the mid-2016, Ryan was RUMORed to be going out with model and actress, Arden Cho.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 69 kg
- In Pounds – 152 lbs
- Measurements – 38-13-32
- Chest – 38 inches
- Biceps / Arms– 13 inches
- Waist – 32 inches
His shoe size is currently unavailable.
The immense popularity of his YouTube videos, which have more than collective 3 billion views. Overall, he has more than 20 million subscribers, thus, making him one of the most successful YouTube personalities.
Ryan made his first onscreen appearance with the comedy movie, Ryan and Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure in 2008.
In 2007, Ryan appeared in the comedy TV series NigaHiga as himself. He appeared in 16 episodes until 2010.
Ryan Higa has endorsed some brands and products through his social media and YouTube activity. He also might have endorsed some products indirectly by using them in his YouTube videos.
Ryan Higa Favorites
- Favorite Color – Green
Ryan Higa Net worth
Ryan Higa has accomplished a net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2019. Most of his wealth results from YouTube ad revenue, brand endorsements, acting, stage performances, and many others.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Ryan Higa
- Instagram – notryanhiga
- Twitter – Ryan Higa
- YouTube Channel – nigahiga
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ryan Higa
- After attaining fame and recognition, Higa launched his own production company called Ryan Higa Production Company in 2012 to explore different areas of work.
- According to Higa, his channel name is a combination of “Niga”, which means “rant” in Japanese and his last name, “Higa”
- Growing up, he was trained in judo and over the years, has managed to gain black belt position in this martial arts form. And, also a competitive wrestler.
- In 2012, Higa helped form the YOMYOMF Network, which hosts the online video-making talent competition, Internet Icon, of which he served alongside Christine Lakin and Timothy DeLaGhetto as main judges.
- His popular comedy videos include “How to be a Gangster”, “The iPod Human”, and “Nice Guys”.
- Initially, the lip-synced videos of popular songs played a huge role in making him popular. However, it created a problem for him in 2008 as many of his videos were taken down for copyright violations.
- In 2009, his YouTube account was temporarily suspended for copyright violations. He was asked to either remove his videos or change audio of his videos.
- In 2012, he established Ryan Higa Production Company so that he could expand his area of work to the movies and create more original videos for his YouTube account.
- While growing up, he competed in judo and over the years, has managed to gain black belt position in this martial arts form.
- He was a competitive wrestling player while growing up. He even used to represent his high school.
- In July 2006, he collaborated with Sean Fujiyoshi, Tim Enos and Tarynn Nago (known as The Yabo Crew) to start YouTube Channel nigahiga. The niga stands for “rant” in Japanese.
- The nigahiga channel holds the distinction of being the first YouTube channel to garner more than 3 million subscribers. They reached this landmark in December 2010.
- His channel nigahiga also holds the record for being the first YouTube channel to be at the top of most subscriptions for more than 650 consecutive days.
- Visit his official website @ higatv.com.