Rami Malek is an American actor. His breakthrough role was as computer hacker Elliot Alderson in the USA Network television series Mr. Robot, for which he received several accolades, including the 2016 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series. In 2018, he portrayed Freddie Mercury in the biopic Bohemian Rhapsody for which he received critical acclaim and won several awards, including the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award and British Academy Film Award for Best Actor. He is the first actor of Egyptian heritage to win the Academy Award for Best Actor. Time magazine named Malek one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2019.
Rami Said Malek
Birthday / Date of Birth
Rami Malek was born on May 12, 1981 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He is currently 38 years old.
Rami’s parents are Egyptians. He is also of Greek descent.
Rami enrolled himself into Notre Dame High School from where he graduated in 1999. After Malek finished his high school studies, he continued his education at the University of Evansville in Indiana. He graduated in 2003 and achieved a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts.
- Father – Unknown (Passed Away) (Tour guide in Cairo and sold insurance)
- Mother – Unknown (Accountant)
- Siblings – Sami Malek (Younger Twin Brother) (He was born two minutes after Rami) (Teacher), Rami also has one older sister who is a doctor.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rami Malek dated –
- Angela Sarafyan (2012) – In 2012, RUMOR linked Malek with the American actress Angela Sarafyan.
- Portia Doubleday (2015) – In 2015, Rami was RUMORed for having an encounter with American actress Portia Doubleday.
- Lucy Boynton (2018-Present) – Rami started dating his Bohemian Rhapsody co-star Lucy Boynton in 2018. They have been spotted together at numerous events like Miu Miu‘s Paris Week fashion show in March 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 70 kg
- In Pounds – 154 lbs
- Measurements – 39-14-30
- Chest – 39 in or 99 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
He wears a size 10 (US) shoe.
His role as Elliot Alderson in the TV series Mr. Robot.
In 2006, Malek acted in the fantasy-comedy film Night at the Museum as King Ahkmenrah.
In 2004, Rami first appeared in the episode “In the Clamor and the Clangor“ of the comedy drama series Gilmore Girls as Andy.
Malek has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
Awards & Nominations
American actor Rami Malek has received 14 awards from 43 nominations. He has won one Academy Award, one British Academy Film Award and one Screen Actors Guild Award from four nominations. He has also received one Golden Globe Award from three nominations and has been awarded one Primetime Emmy Award.
Rami Malek Favorites
- Favorite Day of the Year – Halloween
Rami Malek Net worth
Rami Malek has a net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2019. He lives in New York.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rami Malek
- While in high school, Rami attended musical theater classes along with the American actress Kirsten Dunst.
- He graduated from high school along with the American actress Rachel Bilson.
- Actress Katharine McPhee also studied at the same school, graduating three years after Rami.
- He was raised in the Coptic Orthodox faith.
- Rami started his professional acting career with a guest role in the one episode of Gilmore Girls in 2004. That year, he branched out to theatre where he played the role of Johnny Boy at the Falcon Theater in Los Angeles.
- He starred as Jamie in the Vitality Productions theatrical presentation of Keith Bunin’s The Credeaux Canvas at the Elephant Theatre in Los Angeles in the spring of 2007.
- In 2016, Rami won the Critics’ Choice TV award for Best Actor in a Drama Series.
- He is the first actor of Arab and Egyptian descent to be nominated for and to win the Academy Award for Best Actor.
- In an interview during the 2019 BAFTA Awards, he said he is searching for a home in London after “falling in love” with the city while filming Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Rami lent his voice to the character Flip McVicker in the adult animated drama series, BoJack Horseman.
- In 2019, Time magazine named Malek one of the 100 most influential people in the world.