Taron Egerton is a British actor. He is known for his roles in the British television series The Smoke and the 2014 action comedy film Kingsman: The Secret Service and its 2017 sequel. Egerton has also played Edward Brittain in the 2014 drama film Testament of Youth, appeared in the 2015 crime thriller film Legend and starred as Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards in the 2016 biographical film Eddie the Eagle. He is set to portray musician Elton John in the biopic Rocketman.
Taron David Egerton
Birthday / Date of Birth
Taron Egerton was born on November 10, 1989 in Birkenhead, Cheshire, England, UK.
He is currently 29 years old.
He is of Welsh descent.
Taron went to primary school at Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, on the Welsh island of Anglesey. He then educated at the Ysgol Penglais Comprehensive school in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, West Wales. After high school, he got enrolled into Acting at London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), from where he graduated with BA (Hons) in 2012.
- Father – Ran a Bed and Breakfast Service
- Mother – Social Worker
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taron has dated –
- Emily Thomas (2016-2018) – In November 2016, Taron started dating British producer Emily Thomas. During their time together, they were seen together on many red carpet appearances. The couple called it quits in November 2018.
- Feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- Centimeters – 175 cm
- Meters – 1.75 m
- Kilograms – 78 kg
- Pounds – 172 lbs
- Measurements – 44-15-33
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
He wears shoe size of 10 (US).
Egerton got his first success as an actor with the 2014 action spy comedy film ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’. Playing his part as Gary “Eggsy” Unwin, he received a lot of fame and appreciation for his role as well as he won the Empire Award for Best Male Newcomer among other nominations. Directed by Matthew Vaughn, the film also starred Colin Firth, Samuel L Jackson, Mark Strong, and Michael Caine. He reprised his role in its sequel, Kingsman: The Golden Circle in 2017.
Taron Egerton landed his first acting role as Edward Brittain in the 2014 British drama film, ‘Testament of Youth’. He received nomination for London Film Festival for British Newcomer for his work in the film.
In 2013, Taron appeared in ITV’s detective drama series Lewis in just two episodes.
He has not endorsed any of the brands.
Taron Egerton Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Jack O’Connell, Will Poulter
- Favorite Band – The Strokes
Taron Egerton Net worth
Egerton’s has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taron Egerton
- Taron is a misspelling of “Taran,” which is a Welsh name for “Thunder.”
- Taron is a Welsh speaker and takes interest in travel and literature.
- Egerton moved to Wales when he was 12 and he considers himself Welsh despite born in England. He also speaks Welsh.
- He got interested in acting after appearing in his first production, A Midsummer’s Night Dream, playing Flute, the cross-dressing Mechanical.
- He is an avid fan of Manchester United Football club.
- During his time at RADA, he won the Stephen Sondheim Society’s 2011 Student Performer of the Year Award.
- Egerton is a huge fan of Manchester United Football club.
- His celebrity crush was Meryl Streep.
- His acting idols are Daniel Day-Lewis, Michael Sheen and Sean Penn.
- In 2015, he was named among the GQ’s 50 best-dressed British men.
- In 2015, it was announced that Egerton would be starring in Billionaire Boys Club.
- He was considered for the role of Scott Summers / Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) but Tye Sheridan was cats instead.
- In 2018, Egerton was picked to play Elton John in the 2019 biopic Rocketman.