Ozuna is a Puerto Rican reggaeton and Latin trap singer. His repertoire include hits such as Si No Te Quiere, No Quiere Enamorarse, Dile Que Tu Me Quieres, Te Vas, Tu Foto, El Farsante, Se Preparó, Quiero Repetir, Síguelo Bailando and La Modelo and collaborations on De La Ghetto’s La Ocasión, Bad Bunny’s Diles, Daddy Yankee’s La Rompe Corazones, Chris Jeday’s Ahora Dice, Wisin’s Escápate Conmigo, Romeo Santos’s Sobredosis, Alex Sensation’s Que Va, Natti Natasha’s Criminal, Reik’s Me Niego, Baila Baila Baila and the remixed version of Te Boté. He has released the albums Odisea and Aura. He has won two Billboard Music Awards and three Latin American Music Awards. He made his acting debut in the film Que León. Ozuna is the artist with the most 1 billion-view videos on YouTube.
Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado
Ozuna, El Negrito de Ojos Claros
Reggaeton, Latin Trap
VP Records, Sony Music Latin
Birthday / Date of Birth
Ozuna was born on the 13th of March 1992, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States.
Ozuna is currently 31 years old.
On his father’s side, he has Dominican ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he has Puerto Rican ancestry.
Information about Ozuna’s formal education isn’t available.
- Father – His father was killed in a shooting when Ozuna was 3 years old.
- Mother – Yomary Rosado Marrero
- Siblings – Unknown
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ozuna his dated –
- Taina Marie Meléndez – Ozuna is married to Taina Marie Meléndez. They got married well before he became a popular Latin American singer. During the course of their marriage, she has given birth to their daughter, Sofía Valentina (2014) and son, Jacob Andrés (2016).
- In feet – 5 feet 5½ inches
- In centimeters – 166 cm
- In meters – 1.66 m
- In Kilograms – 65 kg
- In Pounds – 143 lbs
The popularity and commercial success of his songs such as Si No Te Quiere, No Quiere Enamorarse, Dile Que Tu Me Quieres, Te Vas, and Tu Foto. Having collaborated with popular music artists such as Daddy Yankee, Cardi B and Romeo Santos. The immense popularity of his official YouTube channel, which has more than 24 million subscribers.
In August 2017, Ozuna released his debut studio album, Odisea, which managed to reach the very top of US Top Latin Albums (Billboard) charts. The album also sold more than 360k units in the United States.
In 2017, Ozuna made his first TV show appearance in the Hermanos en la clandestinidad episode of the musical drama TV series, Guerra de Idolos.
Ozuna has appeared in a TV commercial for Toyota Corolla.
On January 23, 2019, Ozuna confirmed through a statement that he was the victim of an extortion scam involving an explicit video filmed of him when he was a minor. In the statement, Ozuna’s management office said it filed a complaint and all the legal measures were being taken, as “sending and publishing videos of minors is a state and federal offense. Ozuna also took the opportunity to issue an apology to his fans and family, saying, “What happened was a mistake of the past. Like many young people, I made a mistake, fueled by ignorance. He further went on to say, Today, I’m not only sorry for what happened but I condemn it. More importantly, I ask my family for forgiveness. They are my life’s priority and I will continue to fight for them always.
Ozuna Net worth
Ozuna has an estimated net worth of $15 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ozuna
- Ozuna started writing songs at the age of 13. He started building his music career in the 2000s while performing in New York City.
- He was gifted his first microphone (Samsung microphone) by his paternal uncle, Feliz when Ozuna was 12 years old.
- As his mother wasn’t financially stable, he was raised by his paternal grandmother.
- In 2012, he started his singing career with the release of his single, Imaginando.
- Early in his career, he used to perform under the stage name of “J Oz”. He also had collaborated with Musicologo & Menes to get a foothold in the music industry.
- In 2014, he got his first big breakthrough as he signed a contract with the record label, Golden Family Records. Soon after, he started releasing his music on YouTube.
- In 2014, he got widespread exposure with the release of his single, Si No Te Quiere. The song received a lot of airtime on radio channels in Latin America.
- In 2017, he started the charity organization Odisea Children.
- In 2017, Ozuna released many singles, including Dile Que Tu Me Quieres (Remix)(featuring Yandel), Después de las 12 and, in April of that year, Tu Foto, which reached the 10th spot on the Latin Billboard list, and reached more than 760 million views on YouTube.
- In May 2017, he started his official music tour, Odidea Tour. He kickstarted the tour with a concert at Atlanta, Georgia and then performed in more than 25 cities in the United States.
- In December 2017, Ozuna released the single La Modelo featuring Cardi B. Following the release, the song debuted at number 52 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the chart dated January 6, 2018, becoming Ozuna’s first entry to the ranking as a lead act, following his featurings with Wisin’s “Escápate Conmigo” and Natti Natasha’s “Criminal”, while all of them hit number three on the Hot Latin Songs chart.