Nicky Jam is an American singer and songwriter. He is best known for hits such as “Travesuras”, “Te Busco”, “El Perdón”, “Hasta el Amanecer” and “El Amante”, the latter three from his album Fénix. He is also very active on social media and has more than 25 million followers on Instagram.
Nick Rivera Caminero
La Industria Inc., Sony Music Latin, RCA Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Nicky Jam was born on March 17, 1981 in Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
Nicky Jam is currently 38 years old.
He is of Puerto Rican descent on his father’s side and has Dominican ancestry on his mother’s side.
Nicky Jam’s educational background is unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicky Jam has dated –
- Angélica Cruz (2015-2018) – According to Jam, he first saw Angélica Cruz, who is a Colombian model and TV host, online in 2015. He messaged Cruz asking her to be his ‘best friend’ and they took it forward from there. The couple got married 2 years later in November 2017 in a beautiful ceremony in Medellin, Colombia. The wedding was attended by stars like Vin Diesel, J Balvin and his other close friends but Nicky Jam gets divorced after 18 months of marriage.
- He has 4 children from his past relationships- 3 daughters named Yarimar Rivera, Alyssa Rivera, Luciana Rivera and 1 son named Joe Martin Rivera.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 176 lbs
The popularity of his songs like El Perdón and Hasta el Amanecer. His strong social media presence with more than 25 million followers on Instagram, more than 15 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 25 million followers on Facebook.
Nicky released his debut album in 1994, at the age of 13, titled …Distinto A Los Demás.
In 2017, Nicky made his theatrical film debut in the action movie xXx: Return of Xander Cage as Lazarus.
Nicky made his first TV show appearance in 2013 as himself on the sports talk-show Fox Para Todos.
Nicky Jam has done endorsement work for brands like Xfinity. Nicky became the brand ambassador for Hublot Watches in 2018.
Awards & Nominations
Nicky Jam received a total of 105 nominations and won 32 awards.
Nicky Jam Favorites
His favorite things are unknown.
Nicky Jam Net worth
Nicky Jam has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nicky Jam
- Nicky’s parents were drug addicts themselves and so, he grew up using drugs from a young age as well. After his father was arrested for the possession of drugs, the family moved to Puerto Rico when Nicky was 10 years old.
- He changed his name to Nicky Jam after a homeless man jokingly made the suggestion.
- Nicky was brought up in a low-income family and while he was young, he performed illegal work at a grocery store while bagging the groceries to support his family financially.
- He used to freestyle while working at a grocery store. One day, an impressed customer got him signed to a local label and it helped launch his music career.
- In the late 1990s, he befriended Puerto Rican rapper Daddy Yankee and the duo formed a group called Los Cangris. They collaborated on several successful singles but their friendship turned sour in 2004 and they stopped working together due to personal reasons. However, they managed to settle their differences in 2012 and recorded the single El Party Me Llama from Daddy Yankee’s album Prestige.
- In 2015, Nicky Jam won a Latin Grammy Award for Best Urban Performance.
- The music video for his single Hasta el Amanecer, released in January 2016, has been viewed more than 1.5 billion times on YouTube.
- He began abusing alcohol and drugs after attaining fame at a very young age. Soon enough, he gained weight and his career plummeted which forced him out of the spotlight. He then shifted base to Colombia in search of work and built his career again from scratch, becoming one of the most successful names in Latin music.
- During the closing ceremony of the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia, Nicky performed the official song ‘Live It Up‘ alongside American actor and rapper Will Smith and Kosovar singer Era Istrefi.
- In 2018, he starred in Nicky Jam: El Ganador, a biographical television series on his life which was produced by Netflix.
- Visit his official website @ nickyjampr.net.