Lana Del Rey is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, poet, model and music video director. She has released Honeymoon and Lust for Life, the latter of which topped the charts in the U.S. and was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album. In November, 2015, Rey received the Trailblazer Award at the Billboard Women in Music ceremony. In total, she has won 16 awards from 57 nominations.
Elizabeth Woolridge Grant
Lizzy, Lana Rey Del Mar, Lizzy Grant, May Jailer, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen
Hip-Hop, Alternative Rock, Baroque Pop, Dream Pop, Indie Pop, Rock, Trip Hop
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
5 Points, Stranger, Polydor, Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lana Del Rey was born on the 21st of June 1985, in New York City, New York, United States.
She’s currently 37 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States.
Rey had studied in Connecticut in Kent School, which is a boarding school for three years. Later, she attended Fordham University in the Bronx to study philosophy related subject known as metaphysics.
- Father – Rob Grant (Grey Group copywriter turned entrepreneur)
- Mother – Pat Grant
- Siblings – Charlie Grant (Younger Brother), Caroline “Chuck” Grant (Younger Sister) (Lana Del Rey’s photographer)
- Relatives – Robert England Grant, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Cynthia Ann Kirk (Paternal Grandmother), Donald Paul Hill (Maternal Grandfather), Madeline Patricia McClean (Maternal Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lana Del Rey dated –
- Barrie James (2011-2014) – Barrie James dated the US pop beauty Lana Del Rey ON and OFF for three years. They started dating in 2011 but broke off after dating for a couple of months in 2011. They later reconciled in 2013. The duo finally separated in 2014.
- Justin Murdock (2011-2012) – Lana split from rocker Barrie, she dated socialite Justin Murdock from 2011 to 2012. He is 14 years her senior.
- Shannon Leto (2012) – In 2012, Lana had a fling with 16 years senior drummer Shannon Leto.
- Francesco Carrozzini (2014-2015) – From June 2014 to November 2015, Lana dated Italian photographer, Francesco Carrozzini.
- G-Eazy (2017) – In April 2017, rapper G-Eazy and Lana were seen getting cozy at Coachella Music Festival. They dated for about three months until July 2017 before splitting.
- Sean Larkin (2019-2020) – In September 2019, TV star Sean ‘Sticks’ Larkin and Lana were first spotted together. They remained together for a couple of months and split in March 2020.
- Clayton Johnson (2020-Present) – In 2020, Lana started dating singer and guitarist Clayton Johnson and in December 2020, there were rumors of the couple’s engagement.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Rey is the recipient of various accolades, including two Brit Awards, two MTV Europe Music Awards, and a Satellite Award, in addition to nominations for six Grammy Awards and a Golden Globe Award. Variety honored her at their Hitmakers Awards for being one of the most influential singer-songwriters of the 21st century.
On January 4, 2010, Lana released her debut album Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant under 5 Points Records. It was only available in the form of digital download. It did not chart at any of the major music charts in any of the countries.
In 2010, Rey wrote as well as performed in the TV series 90210 in just 1 episode titled I See London, I See France….
Lana has advertised for H&M, Mulberry, Jaguar (spokesperson) and others.
Lana Del Rey Net worth
Del Rey has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lana Del Rey
- After graduating from high school, she lived in Long Island for a year with her aunt and uncle. During this time, she learnt to play with the guitar her uncle gifted to her.
- As a teenager, she had suffered from alcohol dependence. As a result, she was sent to a boarding school, Kent School.
- Her stage name “Lana Del Rey” comes from American actress Lana Turner and a car Ford Del Rey. The name was thought by her managers.
- Lana started writing songs at the age of 18. She describes herself as a writer first and a singer second.
- She signed her first record contract at the age of 20, but never her album was released. Her debut album was released in 2010 via 5 Points Records.
- Lana is a huge fan of English Premier League team Liverpool and Scottish Premier League side Celtic.
- In 2013, she received her first Grammy nominations at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards. These nominations include Best Pop Vocal Album for Paradise and Best Song Written for Visual Mediafor “Young and Beautiful”.
- In 2015, Rey won the MTV Europe Music Award for Best Alternative. She also received the Trailblazer Award at the 2015 Billboard Women in Music event.
- Lana cites Britney Spears, Thomas Newman, Eminem, Elvis Presley, Antony and the Johnsons and Kurt Cobain as her musical influences.
- She is a big fan of Guns N’Roses.
- Del Rey’s musical sound has been dubbed Hollywood sadcore by music critics.
- In 2016, Del received Best Female Artist of the Year award from The Elle Style Awards by Elle magazine.
- In 2018, Rey received her fourth Grammy nomination at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards, in the category Best Pop Vocal Album for Lust for Life.
- In September 2020, Del Rey was featured on a remix of Matt Maeson’s 2019 song Hallucinogenics.
- On March 19, 2021, Del Rey released her seventh studio album, Chemtrails over the Country Club, to critical acclaim.
- In September 2021, Rey released a new song titled Arcadia.
- In September 2021, she deactivated all of her social media accounts to focus on her personal life.
- On January 21, 2022, Del Rey premiered a song titled Watercolor Eyes on an episode of Euphoria.
- In March 2023, Lana released her 9th studio album, Did You Know That There’s A Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd. She had previously released the title track of the album in December 2022.