Lana Del Rey is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, poet, model and music video director. Her music has been noted by critics for its stylized cinematic quality, its preoccupation with themes of tragic romance, glamour and melancholia and its references to pop culture, particularly 1950s and 1960s Americana. Del Rey has released Honeymoon and Lust for Life, the latter of which topped the charts in the U.S. and was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Pop Vocal Album. In November, 2015, Del Rey received the Trailblazer Award at the Billboard Women in Music ceremony. In total, she has won 16 awards from 57 nominations.
Elizabeth Woolridge Grant
Lizzy, Lana Rey Del Mar, Lizzy Grant, May Jailer, Sparkle Jump Rope Queen
Hip-Hop, Alternative Rock, Baroque Pop, Dream Pop, Indie Pop, Rock, Trip Hop
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards
5 Points, Stranger, Polydor, Interscope Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Lana Del Rey was born on June 21, 1985 in New York City, New York, United States.
She’s currently 33 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States.
Lana is of Scottish descent with Lanarkshire roots.
Del Rey had studied in Connecticut in Kent School, which is a boarding school for three years. Later, she attended Fordham University in the Bronx to study philosophy related subject known as metaphysics.
- Father – Rob Grant (Grey Group copywriter turned entrepreneur)
- Mother – Pat Grant
- Siblings – Charlie Grant (Younger Brother), Caroline “Chuck” Grant (Younger Sister) (Lana Del Rey’s photographer)
- Others – Madeleine (Grandmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lana Del Rey dated –
- Barrie James (2011-2014) – The Kassidy singer, Barrie James dated the US pop beauty Lana Del Rey ON and OFF for three years. They started dating in 2011 but broke off after dating for a couple of months in 2011. They later reconciled in 2013. The duo finally separated in 2014.
- Justin Murdock (2011-2012) – When Lana split from rocker Barrie, she dated socialite Justin Murdock from 2011 to 2012. He is 14 years her senior.
- Reeve Carney (2012) – In 2012, during the filming of the music video of “Ride”, singers Reeve Carney and Lana dated each other.
- Shannon Leto (2012) – In 2012, Lana had a fling with 16 years senior drummer Shannon Leto.
- Francesco Carrozzini (2014-2015) – From June 2014 to November 2015, Lana Del Rey dated Italian photographer, Francesco Carrozzini.
- G-Eazy (2017) – In April 2017, rapper G-Eazy and Lana were seen getting cozy at Coachella Music Festival. They dated for about three months until July 2017 before splitting.
- In feet – 5 feet 6½ inches
- In centimeters – 169 cm
- In meters – 1.69 m
- In Kilograms – 61 kg
- In Pounds – 135 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
Her debut single Video Games in June 2011 and also “Born to Die” single.
Lana released her debut album Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant on January 4, 2010 under 5 Points Records. It was only available in the form of digital download. It did not chart at any of the major music charts in any of the countries.
She did not feature in any film to date.
In 2010, she wrote as well as performed in the TV series 90210 in just 1 episode titled “I See London, I See France…”.
She has advertised for H&M, Mulberry, Jaguar (spokesperson) and others.
Lana Del Rey Favorites
- Favorite Artists – Bob Dylan, Frank Sinatra, Jeff Buckley and Leonard Cohen
- Favorite Song – Summertime by Janis Joplin, Time of the Season by The Zombies, Hotel California by The Eagles
- Favorite Movies – The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, American Beauty
- Favorite Food – Spaghetti, Chocolate Cake
Lana Del Rey Net worth
Lana Del Rey has a net worth of $14 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Lana Del Rey
- Instagram – lanadelrey
- Twitter – Lana Del Rey
- YouTube Channel – Lana Del Rey
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lana Del Rey
- After graduating from high school, she lived in Long Island for a year with her aunt and uncle. During this time, she learnt to play with the guitar her uncle gifted to her.
- As a teenager, she had suffered from alcohol dependence. As a result, she was sent to a boarding school, Kent School.
- Her stage name “Lana Del Rey” comes from American actress Lana Turner and a car Ford Del Rey. The name was thought by her managers.
- Lana started writing songs at the age of 18. She describes herself as a writer first and a singer second.
- She signed her first record contract at the age of 20, but never her album was released. Her debut album was released in 2010 via 5 Points Records. She later retained the rights to her album and pulled it from online three months later.
- Lana is a huge fan of English Premier League team Liverpool and Scottish Premier League side Celtic.
- In 2013, she received her first Grammy nominations at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards. These nominations include Best Pop Vocal Album for Paradise and Best Song Written for Visual Mediafor “Young and Beautiful”.
- In 2015, Del Rey won the MTV Europe Music Award for “Best Alternative”. She also received the Trailblazer Award at the 2015 Billboard Women in Music event.
- Lana cites Britney Spears, Thomas Newman, Eminem, Elvis Presley, Antony and the Johnsons and Kurt Cobain as her musical influences.
- She is a big fan of Guns N’Roses.
- Del Rey’s musical sound has been dubbed “Hollywood sadcore” by music critics.
- In 2016, Del Rey received “Best Female Artist of the Year” award from The Elle Style Awards by Elle magazine.
- In February 2017, Del Rey implied she had plans to take part in a magic binding ritual against Donald Trump on or about February 24, March 26, April 24, May 23, which she again confirmed in July 2017.
- In 2018, Del Rey received her fourth Grammy nomination at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards, in the category Best Pop Vocal Album for Lust for Life.
- Visit her official website @ lanadelrey.com.