Alicia Keys is an American singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, actress and philanthropist. A classically-trained pianist, Keys was composing songs by age 12 and was signed at 15 years old by Columbia Records. After disputes with the label, she signed with Arista Records and later released her debut album, Songs in A Minor, with J Records in 2001. The album was critically and commercially successful, producing her first Billboard Hot 100 number-one single “Fallin'” and selling over 12 million copies worldwide. The album earned Keys five Grammy Awards in 2002. Her second album, The Diary of Alicia Keys, was also a critical and commercial success, spawning successful singles “You Don’t Know My Name”, “If I Ain’t Got You” and “Diary” and selling eight million copies worldwide. The album garnered her an additional four Grammy Awards. Keys released her first live album, Unplugged and became the first woman to have an MTV Unplugged album debut at number one.
Alicia Augello Cook
R&B, Pop, Soul
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Cello, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocoder
Arista, Columbia Records, J Records, RCA
Birthday / Date of Birth
Alicia Keys was born on 25 January 1981, in Hell’s Kitchen, Manhattan, New York, United States.
She’s currently 38 years old.
She is of Italian descent on her mother’s side and African American on her father’s side.
Alicia Keys joined the Professional Performing Arts School at the age of 12 and graduated in four years as valedictorian at the age of 16, majoring in a choir. She later got enrolled at the Columbia University but left her studied to make a career in music.
- Father – Craig Cook (Flight attendant)
- Mother – Teresa Augello (Paralegal and part-time actress)
- Siblings – She’s the only child.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alicia Keys dated –
- Kerry Brothers (1994-1998) – She met music producer, Kerry Brothers in 1994 (when she was 13) and started dating him. On New Year day of 2008, she engaged him. But, the relationship, then, didn’t go far and ended in July 2008.
- Justin Timberlake (2002) – The two singers had a fling together in March 2002, when they were spotted having a good time together during lunch on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles.
- Swizz Beatz (2008-Present) – She started dating rapper Swizz Beatz in July 2008 and engaged on January 24, 2010. The marriage happened the same year on July 31, 2010. Alicia gave birth to her first child, Egypt Daoud Ibarr Dean on October 10, 2010. She gave birth to their second son, Genesis Ali Dean, in December 2014.
- In feet – 5 feet 6 inches
- In centimeters – 168 cm
- In meters – 1.68 m
- In Kilograms – 57 kg
- In Pounds – 126 lbs
- Measurements – 35-26-38
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 38 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Her singing styles and albums like Songs in A Minor (2001) and others. Her other notable singles include “Fallin”, “Girl on Fire”, “No One”.
Alicia Keys dropped her debut album Songs in A Minor on June 5, 2001. The album topped the music charts in the US, US R&B, and the Netherlands and was certified as 6x Platinum in the USA. It spawned hit singles “Fallin”, “A Woman’s Worth” and “How Come You Don’t Call Me” and sold 12 million copies of the album worldwide. She won five Grammy Awards in various categories for the single “Fallin”, making her the second female solo artist to win five Grammy Awards in a single night.
She made her film debut with Joe Carnahan’s Smokin’ Aces in which she played the role as Georgia Sykes. The film was initially released on December 9, 2006, but released on January 26, 2007 in USA.
In 1985, Alicia appeared as Maria in NBC’s sitcom The Cosby Show in episode no. 22 of season 1 titled “Slumber Party”.
Keys has done endorsement work for several brands including BlackBerry, Citibank Private Pass Credit Card and Proactiv acne treatment. She is also the ambassador of Keep a Child Alive organization.
Alicia Keys Favorites
- Favorite Style Icon – Bianca Jagger
- Favorite Cities – New York, Barcelona
- Favorite Makeup – Eyeliner
- Favorite Book – The Island Beneath the Sea (By Isabel Allende)
Alicia Keys Net worth
Alicia Keys has a total net worth of $80 million dollars as of 2019. She resides in a luxury mansion in Englewood, New Jersey, USA. She owns a pink Lotus Evora GTE.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Alicia Keys
- Alicia started playing piano at the age of seven.
- She began songwriting at age fourteen.
- She is an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- She cites Donny Hathaway, Marvin Gaye, Nina Simone, Stevie Wonder, Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z and the Wu-Tang Clan as her musical influences.
- Keys’s voice and work influenced numerous singers including Adele, Bruno Mars, Emeli Sandé, Lauren Jauregui, Normani Kordei and Ally Brooke.
- She is good friends with singer John Mayer.
- Alicia was named one of People Magazine’s “Breakthrough Stars of 2001”.
- Alicia was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- She appeared on the covers of Vibe, Vanity Fair, SevenTeen and Teen magazines
- She co-founded and is the Global Ambassador of the nonprofit HIV/AIDS-fighting organization Keep a Child Alive.
- Alicia has won a number of awards including 15 Grammy Awards, 17 NAACP Image Awards, 9 Billboard Music Awards and 7 BET Awards.
- She ranked #77 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- In 2010, Alicia wrote the song ‘Speechless’, which she dedicated to the birth of her first son, Egypt.
- In 2011, a wax figure of Keys was unveiled at Madame Tussauds New York.
- In May 2017, she merited a place in TIME magazine’s “The 100 Most Influential People” issue with an homage written by Kerry Washington.
- In May 2017, Alicia Keys received and shared the award for the Ambassador of Conscience 2017 from Amnesty International alongside Canadian Indigenous rights activists.
- In January 15, 2019, Keys was announced as the host of the 61st Annual Grammy Awards. This was Keys’ first time being the master of ceremonies for Music’s Biggest Night.
- Visit her official website @ aliciakeys.com.