Maya Hawke is an American actress and model. She made her screen debut as Jo March in the 2017 BBC adaptation of Little Women and starred as Robin in the third season of the Netflix series, Stranger Things. In August 2019, Hawke released her first two singles, To Love A Boy and Stay Open. The songs were written and recorded by Hawke and Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter Jesse Harris, ahead of her upcoming debut studio album which is yet to be titled.
Maya Ray Thurman-Hawke
Birthday / Date of Birth
Maya Hawke was born on the 8th of July 1998, in New York City, New York, United States.
She is currently 21 years old.
She has English, German, Northern Irish, Scottish, Swedish and Danish ancestry.
Maya went to Saint Ann’s School in Brooklyn, New York City wherein she developed her interest in acting. Hawke also took part in summer studies at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London and the renowned Stella Adler Studio of Acting in New York. She attended the performing arts school Juilliard for one year before being forced to drop out after accepting her role in Little Women.
- Father – Ethan Hawke (Actor, Writer, Director)
- Mother – Uma Thurman (Actress, Model)
- Siblings – Levon Roan Thurman-Hawke (Younger Brother)
- Relatives – James Steven Hawke (Paternal Grandfather), Leslie Carole Green (Paternal Grandmother), Rosalie Turner (Great-grandmother), Robert Alexander Farrar Thurman (Maternal Grandfather) and Nena Birgitte Caroline von Schlebrügge (Maternal Grandmother), Luna Thurman-Busson (Younger Half-Sister), Indiana Hawke (Younger Half-Sister), Clementine Jane Hawke (Younger Half-Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maya Hawke has dated –
- Gus Wenner – She has been low-key when it comes to her personal life outside work but looking at her Instagram, she seems to be dating a non-showbiz guy named Gus Wenner.
- In feet – 5 feet 8½ inches
- In centimeters – 174 cm
- In meters – 1.74 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Hawke’s breakout role came through her co-starring performance as Robin Buckley in the third season of Netflix’s Stranger Things.
In 2019, she made her theatrical film debut as the Flower Child in the drama film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
In 2015, she made her television show debut as ‘Herself’ on the talk show, Entertainment Tonight.
Hawke modelled for Vogue at the start of her career. She was also chosen as the face of the British fashion retailer AllSaints’s 2016/2017 collection. In 2017, she starred as one of several faces in a video campaign for Calvin Klein’s underwear range, directed by Sofia Coppola.
Maya Hawke Favorites
Her favorite things are unknown.
Maya Hawke Net worth
Maya Hawke has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Portfolio
- Instagram – maya_hawke
Some Lesser Known Facts About Maya Hawke
- Maya Hawke has dyslexia which caused her to frequently change schools during her primary education.
- Maya was actually the first choice for Sofia Coppola’s The Little Mermaid but the role later went to model-actress, Chloe Grace Moretz.
- In 2017, Hawke made her acting debut as Jo March in the BBC miniseries adaptation of Little Women.
- In 2017, she starred as one of several faces in a video campaign for Calvin Klein’s underwear range, directed by Sofia Coppola.
- In October 2018, it was announced that Hawke will star in Gia Coppola’s sophomore film, Mainstream.
- In August 2019, Hawke released her first two singles, To Love A Boy and Stay Open. The songs were written and recorded by Hawke and Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Jesse Harris, ahead of her upcoming debut studio album which is yet to be titled.