Mahira Khan is a Pakistani actress. Khan started her career as a VJ in 2006. She made her screen debut opposite Atif Aslam in the romance Bol which earned a Lux Style Award for Best Actress (film) nomination. She had a starring role in Humsafar which earned her a Lux Style Award for Satellite Best TV Actress and Hum Award for Best Onscreen Couple.
Mahira Hafeez Khan
Mazdoor Khan, Mena, Maria, Mairu
Actress, Model, VJ and Host
Birthday / Date of Birth
Mahira Khan was born on the 21st of December 1984, in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.
She’s currently 35 years old.
Khan attended Foundation Public School from where she completed her O-Levels. At the age of 17, she moved to California for higher education where she attended Santa Monica College. She then enrolled in the University of Southern California for her bachelor’s degree. However, she did not complete her undergraduate degree and returned to Pakistan in 2008. During her studies in the United States, she was a cashier at a Rite Aid store in Los Angeles.
- Father – Hafeez Khan
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Hassaan Khan (Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mahira Khan has dated –
- Ali Askari (2006-2015)– Khan met her husband Ali Askari in 2006 in Los Angeles. Some media reports say that she met him at Indus TV studios. She married Askari in 2007 in a traditional Islamic wedding ceremony despite Khan’s father being against this marriage. She has a son, Azlan. The couple divorced in 2015.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 124 lbs
- Measurements – 34-24-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Khan is best known for portraying the role of Khirad Ehsan in Momina Duraid’s Humsafar for which she received numerous accolades including Lux Style Awards for Best Television Actress.
In 2011, Khan made her film debut in a supporting role in Shoaib Mansoor directed Bol in which she had a supporting role. The film was a critical and commercial success & became one of the highest grossing Pakistani films of all time.
In 2006, Khan started her career as a VJ hosting the live show Most Wanted on MTV Pakistan which was aired three days a week.
Mahira Khan in as an ambassador for various brands such as Lux, Q Mobile, Gai Power Wash, Huawei, Sunsilk, Veet and L’Oreal.
|Lux Style Awards|
|2012||Bol||Best Film Actress||Nominated|
|2013||Humsafar||Satellite Best TV Actress||Won|
|2016||Bin Roye||Best Actress (Film)||Won|
|Sadqay Tumhare||Best TV Actress||Won|
|2017||Ho Mann Jahaan||Best Actress (Film)||Won|
|2018||Verna||Best Actress (Film)||Won|
|Pakistan Media Awards|
|2014||Shehr-e-Zaat||Best Actress (Drama)||Won|
|2013||Shehr-e-Zaat||Best Actress (Drama)||Won|
|Humsafar||Best Onscreen Couple (Drama)||Won|
|2015||Sadqay Tumhare||Best Actress (Drama)||Nominated|
|Best Actress Popular||Won|
|Best Onscreen Couple (Drama)||Won|
|2016||Bin Roye||Recognition Award – Films||Won|
|2017||Bin Roye||Best Actress Popular (Drama)||Won|
|Best Onscreen Couple Popular (Drama)||Nominated|
|Best Onscreen Couple Jury (Drama)||Nominated|
|Best Actress Jury (Drama)||Nominated|
|2018||Verna||Recognition Award – Films||Won|
|Hum Style Awards|
|2016||Most Stylish Actress (Film)||Won|
|2017||Most Stylish Actress (Television)||Nominated|
|2018||Most Stylish Actress (Film)||Nominated|
|Style Icon of the Year||Won|
|2017||Ho Mann Jahaan||Best Actress||Nominated|
|International Pakistan Prestige Awards|
|2017||Ho Mann Jahaan||Best Actress (Film)||Nominated|
|2018||Verna||Best Actress (Film)||Nominated|
Mahira Khan Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Nouman Ijaz, Johnny Depp
- Favorite Actress – Madhuri Dixit, Samina Peerzada, Bushra Ansari
- Favorite Film – Pyaasa (1957), Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- Favorite Director – Imtiaz Ali, Vishal Bhardwaj, Mani Ratnam
- Favorite Song – Waqt Ne Kiya Kiya Haseen Sitam by Geeta Dutt
- Favorite Author – JD Spangler
- Favorite Fashion Designer – Feeha Jamshed, Banto Kazmi, Umer Sayeed
- Favorite Restaurant – Fuchsia in Karachi
- Favorite Destination – Netherlands
- Favorite Color – White
- Favorite Food – Any Gravy with Rice
Mahira Khan Net worth
Mahira Khan has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
- Facebook – Mahira Khan
- Instagram – mahirakhan
- Twitter – Mahira Khan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mahira Khan
- Mahira is a Karachi-based, US-educated, who started her career as a VJ.
- Before acting she did jobs like a cashier, cleaning toilets, shutting down the stores at night.
- Mahira is considered one of the Pakistan’s most popular and highest-paid actresses. She has received several awards.
- Mahira co-hosted the ceremonies of 10th Lux Style Awards in 2010, 1st Hum Awards in 2013 and 14th Lux Style Awards in 2015.
- In 2012, Mahira was called as the Most Beautiful Woman in Pakistan. In ‘Sexiest Asian Women’ poll by Eastern Eye, she was recorded tenth in 2015, ninth in 2016 and fifth in 2017 and was also called Pakistan’s sexiest woman.
- In 2014, Mahira starred in Mohammed Ehteshamuddin-directed drama serial Sadqay Tumhare in which she played the role of Shano.
- In 2015, Mahira played the lead role opposite Humayun Saeed in Shahzad Kashmiri-directed film, Bin Roye.
- In 2016, she played a leading role in Asim Raza-directed film, Ho Mann Jahaan The film earned her a Lux Style Award for Best Actress (Film) and a Nigar Award nomination for Best Actress.
- In December 2016, Mahira turned into a victim of false news after anti-India comment emerged ahead of the arrival of her Bollywood debut film, Raees.
- In 2017, Khan began her singing career when she starred as a rape victim in Shoaib Mansoor’s social drama film, Verna.
- In 2018, Mahira starred in Meenu Gaur-Farjad Nabi’s romantic comedy 7 Din Mohabbat In.
- In 2019, Mahira played the leading role in Superstar her highest-grossing film domestically at the time.