Kriti Sanon is an Indian actress who appears predominantly in Hindi films. She pursued an engineering degree from the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology after which she briefly worked as a model. She made her acting debut with the Telugu psychological thriller 1: Nenokkadine and had her first Hindi film release in Sabbir Khan’s action film Heropanti for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut and the IIFA Award for Star Debut.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kriti Sanon was born on July 27, 1990 in New Delhi, India.
She is currently 28 years old.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kriti Sanon went to the Delhi Public School, RK Puram. After completion of her school education, she got enrolled at the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida from where she graduated with a BTech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Father – Rahul Sanon (Chartered Accountant)
- Mother – Geeta Sanon (Professor at the University of Delhi)
- Siblings – Nupur Sanon (Younger Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kriti Sanon has dated –
- Sushant Singh Rajput (2017) – The rumors linking Kriti with actor Sushant Singh Rajput were incessant since the turn of 2017. It was reported that they had grown close while working on the movie, Raabta. Their great chemistry and warm relations, during the promotional events of the movie certainly made it seem so. However, Kriti and Sushant have officially maintained that they are just good friends who have amazing on-screen chemistry. But the tabloids persisted with their relationship rumors for quite some time even after their denial and even reported that they were holidaying together.
- In feet – 5 feet 7½ inches
- In centimeters – 172 cm
- In meters – 1.72 m
- In Kilograms – 58 kg
- In Pounds – 128 lbs
- Measurements – 35-25-34
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
Being cast in one of the leading roles in the romantic drama comedy, Dilwale. Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Varun Dhawan were cast in other leading roles. Having played the lead female role opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in the romantic thriller movie, Raabta.
In 2014, she made her theatrical film debut in the Telugu psychological thriller, 1: Nenokkadine. Her Bollywood debut came in 2014 romantic-action flick, Heropanti. She won the Filmfare award for a best female lead debut.
In 2014, Kriti made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Kriti has endorsed many brands and products during her stint as a model and actress, including Amul Ice Cream, Close-Up, Vivel, Samsung, Himalaya, Parachute Jasmine, Trident Group’s, Bath & Home Linen, Coca-Cola, Tissot’s Quickster Football watch, Titan Watches-Raga Collection, and American Swan.
Awards & Nominations
|2014||Vogue Beauty Awards||Face to Watch out For||N/A||Won|
|2015||South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Debut Actress (Telugu)||1: Nenokkadine||Nominated|
|Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow (Female)||Heropanti||Nominated|
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards||Most Entertaining Actor (Female)||Won|
|Star Screen Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Won|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Star Debut of the Year (Female)||Won|
|2016||Elle Graduates Awards||Rising Star||N/A||Won|
|2017||Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards||Future Of Fashion (Female)||N/A||Won|
|2018||HT Style Awards||Most Stylish Youth Icon (Female)||N/A||Won|
|Star Screen Awards||Nothing To Hide Award||N/A||Won|
|Best Actor Female (Popular)||Bareilly Ki Barfi||Nominated|
|Lux Golden Rose Awards||Versatile Beauty of the Year Award||Nominated|
|Breakthrough Performance of the Year||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Actor Female||Nominated|
|HELLO! Hall of Fame Awards||Rising Star of the Year||Won|
|Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards||Memorable Performance in a Lead Role (Female)||Won|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Style Icon||N/A||Won|
Kriti Sanon Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan
- Favorite Actress – Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Julia Roberts
- Favorite Movies – Jab We Met, 3 Idiots, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Twilight Series
- Favorite Superhero – Spiderman, Iron Man
- Favorite Song – Humma Humma from Bombay Movie
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Ritu Beri, Suneet Varma, Niki Mahajan
- Favorite Perfume – Davidoff’s Cool Water
- Favorite Food – Butter Chicken, Chocolates, Cheese Cakes
- Favorite Directors – Imtiaz Ali, Raju Hirani, Vikas Bahl, Vishal Bhardwaj, Karan Johar
Kriti Sanon Net worth
Kriti Sanon has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of 2019. She takes somewhere between Rs 1-2 crore per film. She is a high profile celebrity endorser and makes a hefty amount of money for every product she endorses. She owns a BMW Series 3 collection and lives with her family in a posh house in Mumbai.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Kriti Sanon
- Instagram – kritisanon
- Twitter – Kriti Sanon
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kriti Sanon
- She is an accomplished Kathak dancer.
- Before finding her feet in the movie industry, she was quite a successful model and had modeled in Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2010, Chennai International Fashion week and India International Jewelry Week.
- In 2012, she appeared in Chennai International Fashion week and India International Jewelry week.
- In July 2014, Sanon launched Tissot’s Quickster Football watch in multiple cities in India.
- She was the first choice for Akshay Kumar‘s Singh is Bling (2015) but later she refused to work in the film as she got the offer of another film Farzi opposite Shahid Kapoor, though the film shelved.
- In April 2017, she performed in the opening ceremony of 2017 Indian Premier League.
- In 2019, Sanon starred opposite Kartik Aaryan in Luka Chuppi, a romantic comedy about a couple in a live-in relationship.