Koena Mitra is an Indian actress and model who appears in Bollywood films. She is famous for her item number Saaki Saaki and is known as The Saki Girl. In 2019, she participated in the reality show Bigg Boss 13 as a contestant.
The Saki Girl
Birthday / Date of Birth
Koena Mitra was born on the 7th of January 1984, in Kolkata , West Bengal, India.
She’s currently 35 years old.
Koena did her schooling from South Point School in Kolkata. She has done her MA in Psychology from Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata. She has taken a short course in filmmaking from Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, Los Angeles.
- Father – Vishwanath Mitra (CA)
- Mother – Krishna Mitra (School Teacher)
- Siblings – She has a younger sister.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Koena Mitra has dated –
- Mette Merral – She was in a relationship with the Turkish pilot Mette Merral.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 34-26-35
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 6 (US).
In 2003, she won the beauty pageant Gladrags Mega Model India. She was the first runner of the Miss Intercontinental Pageant 2003, which took place in Germany. She has appeared in the ACP Whisky, Mirinda, Clinic All Clear, Maruti Alto and has walked the ramp for many fashion weeks in Milan and Beijing.
In 2019, Koena contested the reality TV show Bigg Boss 13, which was aired on Colors TV as a celebrity contestant of the show.
Koena made her first Bollywood appearance in the film Road (2002), in which she appeared in the song Khullam Khulla. Her Bollywood debut as an actor was with Sanjay Gupta’s Musafir (2004), in which she played the role of Lara. In 2009, she appeared for the first time in a Tamil film Ayan (2009) in the item number Honey Honey. She made her acting debut in Tamil film with the movie Aasal in 2010. She made her Bengali debut with the film Besh Korechi Prem Korechi in 2015.
Koena has not appeared in a commercial for any brand yet.
Koena Mitra Favorites
- Favorite Actors – Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan
- Favorite Actresses – Kajol, Madhuri Dixit
- Favorite Movies – Vaastav, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Jab We Met
- Favorite Poet – Rabindranath Tagore
- Favorite Travel Destinations – Barcelona
- Favorite Singer – Kishore Kumar
- Favorite Politicians – Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi
- Favorite Hobbies – Dancing, Swimming
- Favorite Sportsperson – Mary Kom, Bajrang Punia
- Favorite Color – White
- Favorite Food – Bengali Cuisine, Mustard Prawn Curry, Grilled Fish and Chicken
Koena Mitra Net worth
Koena Mitra has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Koena Mitra
- Koena’s name is the symbolism of the bond between her and her mother; as her name is derived from the Koyna River, a tributary of the river Krishna.
- Koena Mitra started her career as a model when she was 14 years old.
- Koena has shot the commercials for various brands such as ACP Whisky, Mirinda, Clinic All Clear, and Maruti Alto and has walked the ramp for many fashion weeks in Milan and Beijing.
- She is a fitness freak and also an animal lover. She is often seen posting her photos with the animals in her social media accounts.
- In 2009, she appeared for the first time in a Tamil film Ayan (2009) in the item number Honey Honey.
- In 2009, there were rumours that she took money for appearing in Jharkhand’s CM’s rally. But later CBI officials denied the rumours.
- She is highly ascetic and is a devotee of Goddess Durga and Lord Krishna.
- In 2010, Koena Mitra went under the knife and got a nose job done. However, it did not go well with her, and it became a topic of discussion for everyone, due to which, she was criticised and had to lose many projects at that time.
- In 2011 she went to Los Angeles to learn filmmaking and improve her acting skills. She spent four and a half years there and bagged a few projects in LA. Two of them are- The Story of Naomi and Dark Romance.
- In August 2017, Koena Mitra was troubled by abusive calls from a person, who had been calling her from unknown numbers. Hence, she registered a case against the person, and the case was booked under section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC.
- In 2019, Poonam Sethi filed a case against Koena claiming that Koena had borrowed money from Poonam and had failed to return it. Koena gave Poonam the check of 3 lakhs which bounced at the bank. Later, Poonam sent Koena a legal notice, to which Koena didn’t respond. After the hearing of the case, the metropolitan court held Koena guilty and sentenced her 6 months of simple imprisonment including the sum of Rs. 4.64 Lakh including the interest component of 1.64 Lakh, which she had to pay to Poonam. According to Koena, the case was completely fake and she was being framed in the matter.
- In 2019, Koena contested the reality TV show Bigg Boss 13, which was aired on Colors TV as a celebrity contestant of the show.