Kirsten Dunst is a renowned American actress and model. She began modeling at the tender age of three and by the age of 12, she had appeared in more than 90 commercials. She made her debut in the 1989 anthology film New York Stories appearing in the segment Oedipus Wrecks directed by Woody Allen. Dunst gained widespread recognition as Claudia in Interview with the Vampire, for which she was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress. Dunst achieved international fame after essaying the character of Mary Jane Watson in the Spider-Man trilogy. She has won several awards in her acting career, including Saturn Awards, Empire Awards and MTV Movie Awards.
Kirsten Caroline Dunst
Actress, Singer, Model
Dunst gained German citizenship in 2011, which enabled her to film in Europe without a problem. She now holds dual citizenship of the United States and Germany.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kirsten Dunst was born on the 30th of April 1982, in Point Pleasant, New Jersey, United States.
She is currently 37 years old.
New York City, New York, United States
Dunst father is German, originally from Hamburg and her New Jersey-born mother is of German and Swedish descent.
Kirsten attended Ranney School in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Later, she went to Laurel Hall School in North Hollywood. In 2000, she attended and graduated from Notre Dame High School in Los Angeles.
- Father – Klaus Dunst (Medical services executive)
- Mother – Inez (née Rupprecht) (Artist and one-time gallery owner)
- Siblings – Christian Dunst (Younger Brother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kirsten Dunst has dated –
- Ben Foster (2000-2001) – Kirsten dated her Get Over It co-actor Ben Foster around the year 2000. They developed a bond on the sets of the movie but had separated by the time the movie was released.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2002-2004) – Kirsten and actor Jake Gyllenhaal dated each other from September 2002 to December 2004. They met each other for the first time via Maggie (Jake’s older sister). Actress Maggie and Kirsten did a movie Mona Lisa Smile together.
- Andy Samberg (2006) – In July 2006, actors Kirsten Dunst and Andy Samberg were romantically linked to each other when they were filming for Spiderman 3.
- Fabrizio Moretti (2007) – Brazilian drummer, who plays the drum for the rock band, The Strokes dated Dunst in 2007.
- Johnny Borrell (2007) – English guitarist and singer, Johnny Borrell, then dated Kirsten from March 2007 until November 2007. She met him at Austin South during South West festival. She was so impressed by him that she hired a Harley Davidson bike and went on with Borrell. But, according to Borrell, his messy and smelly room made her go away and this is how the relationship ended.
- Jacob Soboroff (2008-2009) – The host of YouTube Nation and producer of HuffPost Live, the live streaming network of The Huffington Post started dating Kirsten in December 2008. She worked with him on a documentary about voting and they eventually started dating. The relationship ended in 2009.
- Jason Boesel (2010-2011) – Rilo Kiley drummer, Jason Boesel started dating her in January 2010. She was also seen supporting him at gigs for his band. The pair called the relationship quits in 2011.
- Garrett Hedlund (2011-2016) – She met actor Garrett Hedlund on the set of On the Road and started dating him in October 2011. They called it quits in April 2016.
- Jesse Plemons (2016-Present) – She began dating her Fargo co-star Jesse Plemons in 2016. They became engaged in 2018. Their son, Ennis Howard Plemons, was born in Santa Monica, California on May 3, 2018.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.70 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 35-24-35
- Bust – 35 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 35 inches
- Bra Size – 32C
Her dress size is 4 (US).
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
In 2011, Playing Justine in the film Melancholia and as Mary Jane Watson in the Spider-Man film series.
In 1989, she made her film debut much earlier with the anthology film New York Stories where she played the role as Lisa’s daughter.
In 1993, Kirsten Dunst played the role as Kitten Margolis in the NBC’s drama Sisters in 2 episodes titled Dear Georgie and The Land of the Lost Children.
Dunst made her singing debut in the comedy film Get Over It, performing two songs written by Marc Shaiman. She recorded Henry Creamer and Turner Layton’s jazz standard After You’ve Gone that was used in the end credits of The Cat’s Meow. In Spider-Man 3, she sang two songs as Mary Jane Watson, one during a Broadway performance, and one as a singing waitress in a jazz club.
Kirsten Dunst Favorites
- Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster
- Favorite Actor – Elijah Wood
- Favorite Beauty Products – Dove Beauty Cream Bar, Eucerin Aquaphor Soothing Skin Balm, Dr. Hauschka Body Oils
- Favorite Cuisine – Mexican
- Favorite TV Shows – Friends (1994-2004), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Da Ali G Show
- Favorite Movies – Annie Hall (1977), Edward Scissorhands (1990), Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994), Schindler’s List (1993)
- Favorite Outfit – Black Dress
Kirsten Dunst Net worth
Kirsten Dunst has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2019. In 2001, Dunst bought a home in Toluca Lake, California. In 2010, she sold a residence in Nichols Canyon, California. She also lived in a Lower Manhattan apartment which she listed for sale in 2017. In September 2019, Dunst sold her Toluca Lake home for $4.55 million just nine days after she sent it to market for $4.7 million.
Social Media Portfolio
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kirsten Dunst
- Dunst began her career when she was three years old as a child fashion model in television commercials. She was signed with Ford Models and Elite Model Management.
- At the age of six, she made her feature film debut in a minor role in Woody Allen’s short film Oedipus Wrecks; it was released as one-third of the anthology film New York Stories (1989).
- In 1990, she played the role of a daughter in The Bonfire of the Vanities. This comedy-drama was based on Tom Wolfe’s novel.
- In 1993, Dunst made a guest appearance in the science fiction series Star Trek: The Next Generation in its episode titled Dark Page.
- In 1993, Dunst made a guest appearance in an episode of the science fiction drama Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- In 1995, Dunst co-starred in the fantasy adventure film Jumanji, loosely based on Chris Van Allsburg’s 1981 children’s book of the same name.
- In 2000, Dunst starred in the comedy Bring It On as Torrance Shipman, the captain of a cheerleading squad.
- In 2002, Dunst co-starred opposite Tobey Maguire in the superhero film Spider-Man, the most financially successful film of her career to date. She played Mary Jane Watson, the best friend and love interest of Peter Parker (Maguire).
- In 2005, she co-starred opposite Orlando Bloom in Cameron Crowe’s romantic tragicomedy Elizabethtown as Claire Colburn, a flight attendant.
- In 2006, Dunst collaborated with Sofia Coppola again and starred as the title character in Coppola’s historical drama Marie Antoinette, based on Antonia Fraser’s book Marie Antoinette: The Journey. The movie was screened at a special presentation at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival and was reviewed favorably. International revenues were $45 million out of $60 million overall.
- In 2008, Dunst co-starred opposite Simon Pegg in the comedy How to Lose Friends & Alienate People, based on former Vanity Fair contributing editor Toby Young’s memoir of the same name.
- In March 2008, she checked out of the treatment center and began filming the mystery drama All Good Things.
- In December 5, 2009, she participated in the Teletón in Mexico, to raise funds for cancer treatment and children’s rehabilitation.
- In 2011, she won the Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actress for Melancholia.
- In 2011, Dunst co-starred opposite Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland and Charlotte Rampling in Lars von Trier’s drama film Melancholia as a woman suffering depression as the world ends.
- In 2012, Dunst co-starred in Juan Diego Solanas’ science fiction romantic drama Upside Down opposite Jim Sturgess.
- In 2012, she co-starred opposite Sam Riley, Kristen Stewart and Garrett Hedlund in the adventure drama On the Road as Camille Moriarty, based on Jack Kerouac’s novel of the same name.
- In 2015, Dunst co-starred as Peggy Blumquist in the second season of the critically acclaimed FX crime comedy-drama Fargo, for which she received a Golden Globe nomination.
- In October 2015, Dunst said that she was co-writing and set to direct a film adaptation of a novel.
- In 2016, Dunst co-starred in Jeff Nichols’ science fiction drama Midnight Special with Michael Shannon and Joel Edgerton.
- In May 2016, she was a member of the main competition jury of the 2016 Cannes Film Festival.
- In July 2016, it was announced that Dunst would be making her feature film directorial debut with an adaptation of Sylvia Plath’s novel The Bell Jar, with Dakota Fanning in the lead role.
- In 2017, Dunst starred with Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman and Elle Fanning in the drama The Beguiled, her third collaboration with Sofia Coppola, who directed, wrote and produced.
- In August 2019, Dunst stated she was no longer involved with the project. In September she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Dunst stars in the Showtime dark comedy series On Becoming a God in Central Florida. Filming began in October 2018 and the series premiered in August 2019.