Kim Tae-hyung also known professionally as V, is a South Korean singer and songwriter. He was the number one most searched keyword for the past five years, and he is one of the trending celebrities in South Korea and has a huge fan following at the international level. Mostly he has a fan base among young girls due to his charming personality and cute looks. In 2021, Kim ranked as the most popular Korean celebrity in Japan for twenty-eight consecutive weeks.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Dancer and Model
R&B, Neo Soul, Indie Pop, K-pop
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kim Tae-hyung was born on the 30th of December 1995, in Seo, Daegu, South Korea.
He’s currently 27 years old.
Kim graduated from Korean Arts High School. In 2020, he graduated with a major in Broadcasting and Entertainment. In 2021, Kim is enrolled at Hanyang Cyber University pursuing a Master of Business Administration in Advertising and Media.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Kim Jeon Gyu (Older Brother), Kim Eun Jun ( Sister)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Tae-hyung has dated –
Kim has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 179 cm
- In meters – 1.79 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 136 lbs
Kim became known for being a part of the popular South Korean boy group named BTS (Bangtan Boys). He also has a huge fan following over social media due to his powerful vocals and boyish charms. These traits have made him famous and an ultimate bias for many.
In 2013, Kim made his debut as a member of BTS on Mnet’s M Countdown with the track No More Dream from their debut single album, 2 Cool 4 Skool. In 2019, he released his first full solo track outside of BTS, Scenery through the group’s SoundCloud page.
In 2011, Kim landed her first role in television as Seok Han-sung Slut in the series named Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.
Kim has done endorsement work for several brands such as Mediheal.
Kim Tae-hyung Net worth
Kim Tae-hyung has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2022.
Social Media Profiles
- Instagram – thv
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kim Tae-hyung
- Kim was the “secret member” of BTS before debut.
- After passing a singing audition in Daegu, he became a trainee for Big Hit Entertainment.
- He released his second solo song and his first full English song entitled Winter Bear through SoundCloud.
- In November 2016, Kim coined the phrase I purple you during BTS’ fan meeting. UNICEF also used the phrase for their anti-bullying campaign in collaboration with BTS.
- In 2018 and 2019, Kim has won the Soompi Awards twice in his career for Best Idol Actor and Best Choreography.
- He gained wider vocal recognition for his performance of his solo song Stigma, and was praised for his falsettos that showed off his vocal range and unique musicality.
- In May 2018, Kim second solo song, Singularity was released as the trailer for BTS’ then upcoming third LP, Love Yourself: Tear.
- In 2020, Kim participated in a song titled Sweet Night for the soundtrack of the JTBC drama Itaewon Class.
- In 2021, Kim was appointed Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generations and Culture by South Korean President Moon Jae-in, along with the other members of BTS, to help “lead the global agenda for future generations, such as sustainable growth” and “expand South Korea’s diplomatic efforts and global standing” in the international community.
- In 2021, Kim participated in the original soundtrack for the Studio N drama Our Beloved Summer, which premiered on December 6.
- In 2021, he ranked as the most popular Korean celebrity in Japan for twenty-eight consecutive weeks.
- In October 2021, Kim was announced V would abstain from choreography during their Permission to Dance on Stage concerts due to a calf injury. Instead, he would remain seated while singing his parts.