Kelly Clarkson is an American singer and songwriter. In 2002, she rose to fame after winning the inaugural season of the television series American Idol, which earned her a record deal with RCA Records. Clarkson’s debut single, A Moment Like This, topped the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and became the country’s best-selling single of 2002. Clarkson became the first artist in history to top each of Billboard‘s pop, adult contemporary, adult pop, country and dance charts. She was ranked nineteenth on VH1’s list of 100 Greatest Women in Music.
Kelly Brianne Clarkson
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author
Country, Pop Rock, Pop
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kelly Clarkson was born on 24th of April 1982, in Fort Worth, Texas, United States.
She is currently 38 years old.
Encino, Los Angeles, California
She is of English, Greek (from a maternal great-grandfather), German, Irish and Scottish descent.
Kelly attended Pauline Hughes Middle School and graduated from Burleson High School in Burleson, Texas.
- Father – Stephen Michael Clarkson (Former engineer)
- Mother – Jeanne Ann (née Rose) (First-grade English teacher)
- Siblings – Jason Clarkson (Older Brother), Alyssa Clarkson (Older Sister)
- Relatives – Jimmy Taylor (Stepfather), Reba McEntire (Step-Mother-In-Law), (Singer, Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Clarkson has dated –
- Graham Colton (2005-2006) – The two American singers started dating in May 2005 when they met during Kelly’s Breakaway World Tour in 2005. The duo broke in 2006.
- Ryan Key (2006-2007) – In 2006, Kelly was romantically linked to another singer and musician Ryan Key.
- Brandon Blackstock (2012-Present) – In February 2012, Kelly started dating a talent manager Brandon Blackstock (Brandon is the stepson of Kelly’s manager Narvel Blackstock). In 2012, Kelly revealed that she knows him from six years but at that time, he was married. But, when she met him at Super Bowl, he was single. Hence, she married him in December 2012. The couple married on October 20, 2013 at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee. She has two stepchildren – daughter Savannah and son Seth from Brandon’s last marriage. With Brandon, Kelly gave birth to her first child, a girl named, River Rose Blackstock on June 12th, 2014 and son Remington Alexander Blackstock on April 12, 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 3½ inches
- In centimeters – 161 cm
- In meters – 1.61 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
- Measurements – 37-31-37
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 31 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 7 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 12 (US).
Kelly rose to fame after winning the first season of American Idol (2002) which earned her a record deal with RCA Records and her debut single, A Moment Like This topped the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and became the country’s best-selling single of 2002.
On April 15, 2003, Kelly released her debut album Thankful via RCA. The pop-rock album featured 12 tracks and charted at #1 on US Billboard 200. She was able to sell 2,776,000 copies in U.S. and 148,461 copies in U.K. It was certified as 2× Platinum in USA and received 4 stars (out of 5) from AllMusic.
In 2002, Kelly debuted with gay-themed independent romantic drama film. Issues 101 for her role as Crystal.
In 2017, she rendered her voice to the character Leah the horse in the American computer animated Christian adventure comedy film, The Star directed by Timothy Reckart.
In 2002, Clarkson appeared as an extra in Fox’s sitcom That ’80s Show in an episode titled “Valentine’s Day”. Her role is uncredited.
Kelly Clarkson Favorites
- Favorite Song – Des’ree Kissing You
- Favorite Artists – Céline Dion, Mariah Carey, No Doubt, Reba McEntire
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Australia, Boston
Kelly Clarkson Net worth
Kelly Clarkson has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2020. She lives with her family in a plush Mansfield mansion located at Texan, which is valued at $1.5 million. This luxury house boasts four bedrooms, dual master suites, living room, dining area, office space, a modern kitchen and six bathrooms.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Kelly Clarkson
- Instagram – kellyclarkson
- Twitter – Kelly Clarkson
- YouTube Channel – kellyclarksonVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kelly Clarkson
- Kelly’s parents divorced when she was six. So, she decided to stay with her mom, her brother went with dad, and her older sister Alyssa stayed with an aunt.
- When Kelly was a kid, she and her family suffered from financial disturbance. Hence, at that time, music was her shelter.
- Kelly has termed Aerosmith, Aretha Franklin, Garbage, Etta James, Jimi Hendrix, Mariah Carey, Radiohead and Whitney Houston as her musical influences.
- She was ranked nineteenth on VH1’s list of 100 Greatest Women in Music.
- Kelly replaced Miley Cyrus as the new coach on the 14th season of the American singing reality show, The Voice.
- She has also undergone an eye surgery in order to correct her vision.
- If she weren’t a singer, she would have been a marine biologist.
- In 2002, Kelly appeared as an extra in the Sabrina the Teenage Witch (based on Archie’s comic book series) in an episode The Whole Ball of Wax.
- In 2012, she was included in the top 100 Greatest Women in Music.
- In January 2013, Clarkson performed My Country, ‘Tis of Thee at the second inauguration of the U.S. President Barack Obama.
- In February 2015, Kelly released Piece by Piece, her seventh and final studio album under her recording contract with RCA Records.
- In June 24, 2016, Clarkson announced she had signed a long-term worldwide deal with Atlantic Records, with the intentions of releasing a soul-influenced eighth studio album in 2017.
- Kelly’s award credits include three Grammy Awards, twelve Billboard Music Awards, four American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards and two Academy of Country Music Awards.
- In February 25, 2019, Kelly returned as a coach for the sixteenth season of The Voice.
- In October 2019, Clarkson said that she has been managing an autoimmune condition and thyroid condition since 2006, a fact which she had previously addressed on Today in 2018.
- In November 2019, Kelly announced a Las Vegas residency, Kelly Clarkson: Invincible. The residency will take place at the Zappos Theater and run from April to September 2020.
- Visit her official website @ kellyclarkson.com.