Kelly Clarkson is an American singer and songwriter. She rose to fame in 2002 after winning the inaugural season of the television series American Idol, which earned her a record deal with RCA Records. Clarkson’s debut single, A Moment Like This, topped the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and became the country’s best-selling single of 2002. Fueled by top 40 radio number-one singles such as Since U Been Gone and Because of You, the album sold over 12 million copies worldwide and earned Clarkson two Grammy Awards.
Kelly Brianne Clarkson
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author
Country, Pop Rock, Pop
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kelly Clarkson was born on 24th of April 1982, in Fort Worth, Texas, United States.
She is currently 37 years old.
Encino, Los Angeles, California
Clarkson is of English, Greek (from a maternal great-grandfather), German, Irish and Scottish descent.
Kelly attended Pauline Hughes Middle School and graduated from Burleson High School in Burleson, Texas.
- Father – Stephen Michael Clarkson (Former engineer)
- Mother – Jeanne Ann (née Rose) (First-grade English teacher)
- Siblings – Jason Clarkson (Older Brother), Alyssa Clarkson (Older Sister)
- Relatives – Jimmy Taylor (Stepfather), Reba McEntire (Step-Mother-In-Law), (Singer, Actress)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kelly Clarkson has dated –
- Graham Colton (2005-2006) – The two American singers started dating in May 2005 when they met during Kelly’s Breakaway World Tour in 2005. The duo broke in 2006.
- Ryan Key (2006-2007) – From 2006 to 2007, she was romantically linked to another singer and musician Ryan Key.
- Brandon Blackstock (2012-Present) – In February 2012, Kelly started dating a talent manager Brandon Blackstock (Brandon is the stepson of Kelly’s manager Narvel Blackstock). In 2012, Kelly revealed that she knows him from six years but at that time, he was married. But, when she met him at Super Bowl, he was single. Hence, she married him in December 2012. The couple married on October 20, 2013 at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee. She has two stepchildren – daughter Savannah and son Seth from Brandon’s last marriage. With Brandon, Kelly gave birth to her first child, a girl named, River Rose Blackstock on June 12th, 2014 and son Remington Alexander Blackstock on April 12, 2016.
- In feet – 5 feet 3½ inches
- In centimeters – 161 cm
- In meters – 1.61 m
- In Kilograms – 79 kg
- In Pounds – 174 lbs
- Measurements – 37-31-37
- Bust – 37 inches
- Waist – 31 inches
- Hip – 37 inches
- Bra Size – 34C
She wears a size 6 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 12 (US).
Winning the first season of American Idol in 2002. She is described as The Original American Idol.
Kelly released her debut album Thankful on April 15, 2003, via RCA. The pop-rock album featured 12 tracks and charted at #1 on US Billboard 200. She was able to sell 2,776,000 copies in U.S. and 148,461 copies in U.K. It was certified as 2× Platinum in USA and received 4 stars (out of 5) from AllMusic.
The fame she obtained from the show earned her a role in 2002 gay-themed independent romantic drama film Issues 101. She rendered her voice to the character Leah the horse in the 2017 American computer-animated Christian adventure comedy film, The Star.
In fact, 2002 was a breakthrough year for Kelly Clarkson, which also landed her an extra role in Fox’s sitcom That ’80s Show in an episode titled Valentine’s Day. Thereafter, Kelly has appeared in a number of television shows and series like The Voice, Nashville, Saturday Night Live, to name a few.
Kelly Clarkson Favorites
- Favorite Song – Des’ree Kissing You
- Favorite Artists – Céline Dion, Mariah Carey, No Doubt, Reba McEntire
- Favorite Holiday Destination – Australia, Boston
Kelly Clarkson Net worth
Kelly Clarkson has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2019. She lives with her family in a plush Mansfield mansion located at Texan, which is valued at $1.5 million. This luxury house boasts four bedrooms, dual master suites, living room, dining area, office space, a modern kitchen and six bathrooms.
Social Media Portfolio
- Facebook – Kelly Clarkson
- Instagram – kellyclarkson
- Twitter – Kelly Clarkson
- YouTube Channel – kellyclarksonVEVO
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kelly Clarkson
- Kelly’s parents divorced when she was six. So, she decided to stay with her mom, her brother went with dad, and her older sister Alyssa stayed with an aunt.
- When Kelly was a kid, she and her family suffered from financial disturbance. Hence, at that time, music was her shelter.
- If she could have dinner with anyone (living or dead), she would choose her grandparents.
- Kelly has termed Aerosmith, Aretha Franklin, Garbage, Etta James, Jimi Hendrix, Mariah Carey, Radiohead and Whitney Houston as her musical influences.
- Kelly’s award credits include three Grammy Awards, twelve Billboard Music Awards, four American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, and two Academy of Country Music Awards.
- In 2012, she was included in the top 100 Greatest Women in Music.
- She received critical acclaim for her live performance of My Country, Tis of Thee at the second inauguration of the U.S. President Barack Obama in January 2013.
- She was ranked nineteenth on VH1’s list of 100 Greatest Women in Music.
- Country music singer Kelsea Ballerini cites Clarkson as her inspiration and her most favorite female artist of all time, calling her the best vocalist in the whole world.
- She replaced Miley Cyrus as the new coach on the 14th season of the American singing reality show, The Voice.
- She has also undergone an eye surgery in order to correct her vision.
- If she weren’t a singer, she would have been a marine biologist.
- In 2002, Clarkson appeared as an extra in the Sabrina the Teenage Witch (based on Archie’s comic book series) in an episode The Whole Ball of Wax.
- In January 2013, Clarkson performed My Country, ‘Tis of Thee at the second inauguration of the U.S. President Barack Obama.
- In February 2015, Clarkson released Piece by Piece, her seventh and final studio album under her recording contract with RCA Records.
- In June 24, 2016, Clarkson announced she had signed a long-term worldwide deal with Atlantic Records, with the intentions of releasing a soul-influenced eighth studio album in 2017.
- In February 25, 2019, Clarkson returned as a coach for the sixteenth season of The Voice.
- In October 2019, Clarkson said that she has been managing an autoimmune condition and thyroid condition since 2006, a fact which she had previously addressed on Today in 2018.
- In November 2019, Clarkson announced a Las Vegas residency, Kelly Clarkson: Invincible. The residency will take place at the Zappos Theater and run from April to September 2020.
- Visit her official website @ kellyclarkson.com.