Katie Cassidy is an American actress and director. Following several minor television roles, she came to attention as a scream queen after starring in the horror films When a Stranger Calls as Kelli Presley in Black Christmas and as Ruby in the third season of the horror series Supernatural.
Katie played leading roles in the mystery horror series Harper’s Island and the remake of the drama series Melrose Place. In 2005, Katie appeared in a recurring role on The WB’s series 7th Heaven over the course of four episodes. That same year, she appeared on the UPN teen drama series Sex, Love & Secrets.
Katherine Evelyn Anita Cassidy
Birthday / Date of Birth
Katie Cassidy was born on the 25th of November 1986, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
She’s currently 33 years old.
She has German and Irish ancestry.
Katie attended Calabasas High School. Later, she graduated from Tisch School Of The Arts.
- Father – David Cassidy (Actor, Singer)
- Mother – Sherry Williams (Model)
- Siblings – Jenna Cassidy, Jamie Cassidy (Older Half Sister) and Beau Cassidy (Younger Half Brother)
- Relatives – Jack Cassidy (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor), Evelyn Ward (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress), Richard Benedon (Stepfather) (ER Physician), Sue Shifrin (Stepmother)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katie Cassidy has dated –
- Greg Raposo (2002-2003) – In January 2002, Boyband Dream Street‘s member Greg Raposo started dating Katie. They dated for more than a year and finally separated in 2003.
- Jesse McCartney (2005-2007) – In February 2005, after splitting with Greg, Katie started dating another singer Jesse McCartney. The duo dated for more than 2 years and separated in August 2007.
- Sasha Vujacic (2009) – In July 2009, after dating with two American singers, Katie started dating Slovenian basketball player Sasha Vujacic. They hooked up together for 2 months before finally separating in September 2009.
- Jarret Stoll (2010-2012) – In January 2010, after meeting at the Lakers game at the Staple Center, the actress and Canadian ice hockey player Jarret Stoll started dating. The LA Kings player dated her for over two years and called it quits in January 2012.
- Jason Garrison (2012-2014) – In November 2012, Katie started dating another Canadian ice hockey player, Jason Garrison. She previously dated Jarret Stoll. The couple remained together until 2014.
- Dana Brunetti (2014-2016) – In December 2014, film producer, Dana Brunetti and Katie started dating. They dated for more than a year and split in 2016.
- Matthew Rodgers (2016-2020) – In 2016, Cassidy began dating Matthew Rodgers. The couple announced their engagement on June 5, 2017. Cassidy and Rodgers wed on December 8, 2018. Cassidy filed for divorce on January 8, 2020 in Los Angeles.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 171 cm
- In meters – 1.71 m
- In Kilograms – 54 kg
- In Pounds – 119 lbs
- Measurements – 33-24-34
- Bust – 33 inches
- Waist – 24 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32E
She is naturally Blonde but, she likes to dye them Dark Brown.
She wears a size 8.5 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 5 (US).
In 2012, Katie landed the main cast role of Laurel Lance / Black Canary in The CW’s series, Arrow. Katie played leading roles in the mystery horror series, Harper’s Island and the remake of the drama series, Melrose Place.
In 2006, Cassidy made her film debut as Tiffany Madison in the horror film, When a Stranger Calls.
In 2003, Cassidy made her television and acting debut appearing in an episode of the Lifetime drama series, The Division for her role as Young CD in an episode titled Oh Mother, Who Art Thou?.
Katie Cassidy has done endorsement work for several advertisement brands such Rock & Republic jeans and Guess?.
Awards & Nominations
|2010||Fright Meter Award||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress: Horror/Thriller||Nominated|
|2013||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress: Fantasy/Sci-Fi||Nominated|
|2015||PRISM Award||Performance in a Drama Series Multi-Episode Storyline||Won|
|2018||FirstGlance Film Fest Philadelphia||Best Actress (Feature)||Won|
Katie Cassidy Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Hobbies – Traveling, Reading, Listening Music, Partying
- Favorite Color – Black, Blue
- Favorite Food – Sushi
Katie Cassidy Net worth
Katie Cassidy has an estimated net worth of $4 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katie Cassidy
- Katie got attracted towards show business while in school when she started appearing in school productions and theatres at the age of seven.
- Katie is a skilled pianist and guitarist.
- Katie is a fan of ice hockey team LA Kings.
- When Katie was 15, she has done the recording of the song I Think I Love You.
- Katie appeared on the UPN teen drama series Sex, Love & Secrets.
- In 2005, she appeared in a recurring role on The WB’s series 7th Heaven over the course of four episodes.
- In 2007, Katie appeared on The CW’s supernatural drama series Supernatural. She played the role of Ruby, a demon.
- In October 2008, Variety announced she had been cast on the CBS horror mystery limited series Harper’s Island.
- In 2009, Katie played leading roles in the mystery horror series Harper’s Island.
- In April 2010, Cassidy appeared in another remake; this time the horror classic A Nightmare on Elm Street originally released in 1984 of the same name.
- In March 2011, Cassidy was cast in the ABC drama pilot Georgetown as Nikki, a smart and quick-witted junior staffer in the White House Communications Office with connections to the First Lady.
- In February 2012, Cassidy landed the main cast role of Laurel Lance / Black Canary in The CW’s series Arrow which is based on the Green Arrow comic books.
- In May 2012, Katie was cast as the title character in the film adaptation of the graphic novel The Scribbler alongside Eliza Dushku, Michelle Trachtenberg and Gina Gershon.
- In 2016, Katie portrayed the character of Sharon in the direct-to-digital-HD horror film, Wolves at the Door.