Kanika Kapoor is an Indian playback singer. Through her successful singing career, she has received one Filmfare Award. In 2014, she began her Bollywood playback singing career with the song Baby Doll for the film Ragini MMS 2. Upon its release, Baby Doll went viral and topped the charts and Kapoor received wide critical acclaim and several accolades for her singing style, including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer.
Baby Doll, Kanika
Western, Pop, Filmi, Sufi
T-Series, Zee Music Company
Birthday / Date of Birth
Kanika Kapoor was born on 23 March 1978, in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India.
She is currently 41 years old.
Kanika Kapoor attended Loreto Convent in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. She received her Masters in Music from Bhatkhande Music Institute in Lucknow.
- Father – Rajeev Kapoor (Businessman)
- Mother – Poonam Kapoor (Businesswoman)
- Siblings – Sasha (Elder, owns a company in London)
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kanika Kapoor dated –
- Raj Chandok (1997–2012) – Kanika Kapoor was married to Raj Chandok an NRI businessman in 1997. Together they have three children, daughters Aayana and Samara and son Yuvaraj. The couple separated in 2012 and then she moved to India to stay with her family. Their divorce was finalized in 2012 and she holds custody of her children.
- In feet – 5 feet 5 inches
- In centimeters – 165 cm
- In meters – 1.65 m
- In Kilograms – 56 kg
- In Pounds – 123 lbs
- Measurements – 34-25-34
- Bust – 34 inches
- Waist – 25 inches
- Hip – 34 inches
- Bra Size – 32B
Her dress size is 5 (US).
She wears a size 7.5 (US) shoe.
Kanika Kapoor debuted in Bollywood with the song Baby Doll for the film Ragini MMS 2 in 2014. She earned a lots of acclaim and won several awards, including the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer.
She hasn’t appeared in any TV series apart from talk shows.
In 2016, she was made the brand ambassador of Swiss Watch manufacturer 88 Rue du Rhone, an independent brand by Raymond Weil.
Kanika Kapoor Favorite
- Favorite Actors – Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Favorite Actress – Deepika Padukone
- Favorite Musicians – A. R. Rahman, Vishal-Shekhar, Beyonce, Shakira, Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber
- Favorite Designers – Peter Dundas, Christian Laqua, Rohit Bal
- Favorite Color – Red
- Favorite Food – Chinese
Kanika Kapoor Net worth
Kanika Kapoor has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kanika Kapoor
- Kanika studied classical music under musician Pandit Ganesh Prasad Mishra from the age of 12. She used to accompany him in classical concerts.
- She has also been trained in Kathak.
- She appeared on All India Radio when she was 15 years old and used to accompany bhajan singer Anup Jalota in his shows.
- She tried her luck in Bollywood when she was 16 years old, but it didn’t work and she got married and moved to London.
- In 2012, Kapoor released the music video Jugni Ji, featuring Dr. Zeus.
- She often collaborates with other Bollywood singers for concerts and live shows.
- In 2014, she went on to tour across North America, entitled SLAM! The Tour, in which she performed alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.
- In 2016, she was made brand ambassador of Swiss Watch manufacturer 88 Rue du Rhone, an independent brand by Raymond Weil.
- In 2019, Kapoor was named a coach in the Star Plus show The Voice.