Jonah Hill is an American actor, director, producer, screenwriter and comedian. Hill is known for his comedic roles in films including Superbad, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek, 21 Jump Street, This Is the End and 22 Jump Street as well as his performances in Moneyball and The Wolf of Wall Street for which he received Academy Award nominations for Best Supporting Actor. Hill ranked 28th on Forbes magazine’s ranking of world’s highest paid actors from June 2014 to June 2015, bringing in $16 million. In 2018, Hill starred in the Netflix dark comedy miniseries Maniac and made his directorial debut with the film Mid90s, from his own screenplay.
Jonah Hill Feldstein
Actor, Comedian, Producer, Director, Screenwriter
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jonah Hill was born on the 20th of December 1983, in Los Angeles, California, United States.
He’s currently 35 years old.
Jonah is of Russian Jewish descent.
Jonah attended the Center for Early Education, Brentwood School and then Crossroads School in Santa Monica. Hill worked at Hot Rod Skateboard Shop on Westwood Blvd in Los Angeles. After graduating from high school in 2002, Hill attended Bard College in Dutchess County, New York and The New School in New York City and the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Father – Richard Feldstein (Tour accountant for Guns N’ Roses)
- Mother – Sharon Lyn (née Chalkin) (Costume designer and fashion stylist)
- Siblings – Jordan Feldstein (Older Brother) (Jordan is 6 years older than Jonah), Beanie Feldstein (Younger Sister) (Actress)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonah Hill has dated –
- Jordan Klein (2009-2011) – Jonah Hill dated his high school girlfriend Jordan Klein from 2009 to October 2011. They went to Crossroads High School together.
- Ali Hoffman (2011-2012) – After separating from longtime girlfriend Jordan Klein, Jonah then started seeing Dustin Hoffman’s daughter Ali Hoffman in November 2011. Dustin discovered Hill when he was in high school and Hill is close to the Hoffman clan. He dated Ali until September 2012.
- Isabelle McNally (2013-2014) – In September 2013, Jonah started dating actress Isabelle McNally. They split in the summer of 2014 after dating for more than 6 months.
- Gianna Santos (2018-Present) – In 2018, Jonah started dating stylist Gianna Santos. In August 2018, they were clicked walking together at Manhattan’s SoHo neighborhood.
- In feet – 5 feet 7 inches
- In centimeters – 170 cm
- In meters – 1.7 m
- In Kilograms – 87 kg
- In Pounds – 192 lbs
His shoe size is 8 (US).
Hill is known for his comedic roles in films including Superbad (2007), Knocked Up (2007), Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008), Get Him to the Greek (2010), 21 Jump Street (2012), This Is the End (2013) and 22 Jump Street (2014) as well as his performances in Moneyball (2011) and The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) for which he received Academy Award nominations for Best Supporting Actor.
In 2004, John first appeared in Fox Searchlight’s American philosophical comedy film I Heart Huckabees for his role as Bret.
In 2004, he guest appeared in the ABC’s television police drama show NYPD Blue for his role as a clerk in an episode titled You’re Buggin Me.
He has not appeared in a commercial for any brands yet.
Jonah Hill Favorites
- Favorite Actor – James Gandolfini
- Favorite Filmmaker – Martin Scorsese
- Favorite Movies – Rushmore (1998), Goodfellas (1990), The Big Lebowski (1998), Boogie Nights (1997), Back to the Future (1985), Step Brothers (2008)
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Pizza
Jonah Hill Net worth
Jonah Hill has an estimated net worth of $45 million dollars as of 2019.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jonah Hill
- Born and raised in a creative family, Jonah aimed to be a big writer. As a child he had a dreamt of being a part of writing team of The Simpsons and Saturday Night Live.
- While in college, he started writing his own plays and performed them in Black and White bar in NYC.
- He has written and produced all the Jump Street movie series like 21 Jump Street (2012), 22 Jump Street (2014) and 23 Jump Street.
- Singer Adam Levine is his childhood friend.
- He is a Jew and loved her grandmother so much that he has tattooed her name on his left forearm.
- In 2007 Hill was given a starring role in the comedy hit Superbad, for which he was nominated for a Teen Choice Award.
- In 2008, Hill was ranked #21 on the top 30 actor list by Entertainment Weekly, owing to his power pack performance on numerous popular TV shows like Reno 911! and Saturday Night Live.
- In 2011, his role in Bradd Pitt starrer movie Moneyball, brought him an Oscar and Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor in a Supporting Role.
- In 2011, he wrote and performed in the short-lived animated series entitled Allen Gregory. He also contributed in the script of 21 Jump Street and starred and produced the film.
- In July 2011, he appeared at the 2011 ESPN ESPY Awards, having lost a significant amount of weight. He did this by consulting with a trainer and a nutritionist and changing his diet to mainly eating sushi in order to obtain serious roles.
- In 2012, he was nominated in BAFTA Film Awards for Best Supporting Actor for the movie Moneyball.
- In 2013, Hill appeared in This Is the End as himself and the biographical film The Wolf of Wall Street.
- In 2014, he landed in a controversy when he called a paparazzo a homophobic slur. He received huge criticism for the same. He then apologized for his behaviour on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
- In 2016, he played a sausage in the animated comedy movie Sausage Party and lent his voice to hit animated movies like The Lego Movie and How to Train Your Dragon 2.
- In 2016, he was nominated for Golden Globe Award in the category Best Actor- Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for the movie War Dogs.
- In 2018 Hill co-starred in the Netflix dark comedy-drama Maniac, in which he undergoes a mind-bending pharmaceutical trial alongside Emma Stone’s character.
- In September 23, 2019, it was announced that Hill was in final negotiations to play the villain in Matt Reeves’s The Batman.