John Boyega is a British-Nigerian actor and producer. He initially rose to prominence for his role as Moses in the sci-fi comedy film Attack the Block and later became best known for playing Finn in the Star Wars sequel trilogy films The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker.
John Adedayo Bamidele Adegboyega
Birthday / Date of Birth
John Boyega was born on the 17th of March 1992, in Peckham, London, England.
He’s currently 28 years old.
John has Nigerian ancestry due to his parents.
John started his secondary education at Westminster City School where he took part in various school productions. He later attended South Thames College at the college’s Wandsworth campus to study for a National Diploma in Performing Arts. He enrolled at the University of Greenwich to study for a BA in film studies and media writing, but dropped out to focus on acting. He trained with the Identity School of Acting in London.
- Father – Samson Boyega (Preacher)
- Mother – Abigail Boyega (Works with the disabled)
- Siblings – Grace Boyega, Blessing Boyega (Sister)
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Boyega has dated –
John has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the public spotlight, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
- In feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In centimeters – 175 cm
- In meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 80 kg
- In Pounds – 176 lbs
- Measurements – 41–14–33
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 36 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
John became known for his role Moses in the sci-fi comedy film Attack the Block for which he won the Black Reel Award for Best Actor and later became known for playing Finn in the epic space opera film Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015).
In 2011, John made his first film appearance by playing the role of Moses in the science fiction comedy horror film, Attack the Block written and directed by Joe Cornish and starring John Boyega, Jodie Whittaker and Nick Frost.
In 2011, John played the role as Donnie in a pilot episodes of television drama series, Da Brick.
John Boyega Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Henry Cavill
- Favorite Actress – Julia Roberts
- Favorite Singer – Selena Gomez
- Favorite TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Favorite Color – Black
- Favorite Food – Fast Food
John Boyega Net worth
John Boyega has an estimated net worth of $6 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About John Boyega
- John voiced the role of Finn in the action-adventure video game Disney Infinity 3.0.
- He is a big fan of Marvel comics and wants to play the Marvel character, Black Panther.
- John was listed in the Top 100 of the most influential people in the UK of African/African-Caribbean descent.
- In 2013, he played the role as Ugwu in the drama film, Half of a Yellow Sun directed by Biyi Bandele.
- In 2014, John has worked in four episodes of the television series 24: Live Another Day which was aired on Fox.
- In 2016, he received the BAFTA Rising Star Award.
- In 2017, John made her acting debut as Melvin Dismukes in period crime drama film, Detroit directed by Kathryn Bigelow.
- In 2018, John portrayed role of Jake Pentecost in the science fiction action film, Pacific Rim: Uprising directed by Steven S. DeKnight.
- In 2020, Boyega was listed in the Top 100 of the most influential people in the UK of African/African-Caribbean descent.