Pankaj Tripathi is an Indian actor who appears predominantly in Hindi films. He debuted in 2004 with a minor role in Run and Omkara and has since worked in more than 40 films and 60 television shows. Tripathi’s breakthrough came for his supporting role in the Gangs of Wasseypur film series.
Birthday / Date of Birth
Pankaj Tripathi was born on the 5th of September 1976, in Village, Belsand, Bihar, India.
He’s currently 43 years old.
Pankaj did his schooling from D. P. H. School in Gopalganj. He moved to Patna after high school where he studied in Institute of Hotel Management, Hajipur. Later, he moved to Delhi to enroll in the National School of Drama from where he graduated in 2004.
- Father – Pandit Banaras Tiwari (Farmer)
- Mother – Hemwanti Devi
- Siblings – He has 3 elder brothers and 2 elder sisters.
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pankaj Tripathi has dated –
- Mridula Tripathi (2004-Present) – In 15 January 2004, Pankaj got married to Mridula and they have a daughter.
- In feet – 5 feet 10 inches
- In centimeters – 178 cm
- In meters – 1.78 m
- In Kilograms – 72 kg
- In Pounds – 159 lbs
- Measurements – 40–13–32
- Chest – 40 in or 96.50 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
Pankaj well known for his role as Anwar in Dilwale (2015). He earned several awards including a National Film Award – Special Mention.
In 2004, Pankaj made her acting debut with the action comedy-romance film, Run directed by Jeeva.
In 2010, Pankaj made her first acting role in television by appearing as Giga Kaka in the TV drama series, Zindagi Ka Har Rang…Gulaal which was aired on Star Plus.
Pankaj Tripathi Favorites
- Favorite Actor – Amitabh Bachchan
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi
- Favorite Director – Ram Gopal Varma, Anurag Kashyap
- Favorite Place – Goa, Paris
- Favorite Color – Black & White
Pankaj Tripathi Net worth
Pankaj Tripathi has an estimated net worth of $5 million dollars as of 2020.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pankaj Tripathi
- Pankaj appeared in the National School of Drama Examination and got selected.
- Pankaj did several small roles in films and televisions including a commercial of Tata Tea.
- Pankaj inclined towards acting in his childhood and from the age of 12-14 years, he started to perform as a girl artist at the Chhath Festival in his village.
- He was also good at sports and represented his college in High Jump and 100-meter-sprint.
- While studying in Patna, he joined ABVP and started participating in Student Movements.
- Pankaj became a regular theater artist and did theater for 4 years.
- In 2006, Pankaj played the role as Kichlu in the crime drama film, Omkara co-written and directed by Vishal Bhardwaj.
- In 2010, Pankaj has worked in Hindi-language action thriller film, Aakrosh directed by Priyadarshan.
- In 2012, he made his breakthrough when he was widely acclaimed for his role in Gangs of Wasseypur.
- In 2015, Pankaj made her acting with the television drama series, Sarojini – Ek Nayi Pehal which was aired on Zee TV.
- In 2018, Pankaj made his debut in Tamil cinema with the film, Kaala written & directed by Pa. Ranjith.
- In 2019, Pankaj played the role as Babulal in the romantic comedy film, Luka Chuppi directed by Laxman Utekar.