Jamie Foxx is an American actor, singer, comedian, songwriter, television host and producer. He became widely known for his portrayal of Ray Charles in the biographical film Ray, for which he won the Academy Award, BAFTA, Screen Actors Guild Award, Critics’ Choice Movie Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Actor. Jamie was given his own television sitcom The Jamie Foxx Show in which he starred, co-created & produced, airing for five highly rated seasons from 1996 to 2001 on The WB Television Network.
Eric Morlon Bishop
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Comedian
Pop, R&B, Soul, Hip hop
20th Century Fox, J, RCA Records
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jamie Foxx was born on the 13th of December 1967, in Terrell, Texas, United States.
He’s currently 55 years old.
Hidden Valley, California, United States
Jamie was educated at Terrell High School in Texas, where he was part of the basketball and football teams. After completing high school, he received a scholarship to United States International University, where he studied musical and performing arts composition.
- Father – Darrell Bishop (Changed his name to Shahid Abdula after he converted to Islam) (Stockbroker)
- Mother – Louise Annette Talley Dixon
- Siblings – Diondra Dixon (Sister), Deidra Dixon (Sister)
- Relatives – Esther Marie (Nelson) (Grandmother) (Domestic Worker and Nursery Operator), Mark Talley (Grandfather) (Yard Worker)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jamie Foxx has dated –
- Vivica Fox (1997) – In 1997, Jamie was in a short-lived romance with American actress Vivica Fox.
- Adriane Kelly (2000) – In 2000, Foxx dated with American author and writer Adriane Kelly for a short period of time.
- Leila Arcieri (2004-2005) – In June 2004, Jamie began dating Leila Arcieri. Their romance lasted for a year until July 2005, when they parted ways.
- Eva Marcille (2006) – In 2006, Foxx was in a brief romance with American model Eva Marcille.
- Lil’ Kim (2007-2008) – In 2007, Lil’ Kim the American female rapper commenced dating Foxx. The couple split in 2008.
- Dollicia Bryant (2009) – In 2009, Jamie was romantically connected with American model Dollicia Bryant.
- Katie Holmes (2014-2019) – In August 2014, Jamie began dating the American actress Katie Holmes. In November 2018, rumors spread that the two had got engaged as Katie was seen with a diamond ring on her left hand. They split in May 2019 after remaining together for many years. They never officially confirmed their relationship during this time.
- In Feet – 5 feet 9 inches
- In Centimeters – 175 cm
- In Meters – 1.75 m
- In Kilograms – 82 kg
- In Pounds – 181 lbs
- Measurements – 40–14–34
- Chest – 40 in or 101.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He wears a size 10.5 (US) shoe.
Foxx became known for his portrayal of Ray Charles in the biographical film Ray (2004) for which he won the Academy Award, BAFTA, Screen Actors Guild Award, Critics’ Choice Movie Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Actor.
In July 19, 1994, Jamie’s debut album goes by the name of Peep This. The album was released by Fox Records and it consists 13 tracks with a total running time of 55 minutes and 28 seconds.
In 1992, Foxx made his first theatrical film debut as Baker in fantasy comedy film, Toys directed by Barry Levinson, co-written by Levinson and Valerie Curtin and starring Robin Williams, Michael Gambon, Joan Cusack, Robin Wright, LL Cool J.
In 1991, Jamie played various roles on the American sketch comedy TV series, In Living Color.
Foxx has appeared in Television commercials for Coors Light Beer (2000), Public Service Announcement for The One Campaign (2005), Verizon wireless telephone service (2016), Under Armor, Canon, etc.
Jamie Foxx Net worth
Jamie Foxx’s has an estimated net worth of $170 million dollars as of 2023.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jamie Foxx
- At school, he was good in sports and played football quarterback for his high school team.
- Foxx took piano lessons when he was three years old.
- His parents divorced following his birth and he has often stated that his grandmother’s influence in his life as one of the greatest reasons for his success.
- In 2003, he featured on the rapper Twista’s song, Slow Jamz together with Kanye West, which reached No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and #3 on the UK Singles chart.
- In 2005, Foxx featured on the single Georgia by Atlanta rappers Ludacris and Field Mob, which sampled Ray Charles’ hit Georgia on My Mind.
- In 2005, Jamie was listed in the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine.
- In 2005, Foxx was invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- In 2006, he was selected as one of the Hottest Bachelors by People Magazine.
- Jamie is a huge fan of the Miami Heat basketball team and professional wrestling.
- In September 2007, Foxx was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Jamie is good friends with Terrence Howard, Tom Cruise, Meagan Good, Idris Elba, Amber Rose, Luenell and Odell Beckham Jr.
- In 2012, he starred in the title role of the Quentin Tarantino written and directed Django Unchained.
- In 2013, Foxx was cast as President James Sawyer in White House Down alongside Channing Tatum.
- In January 2016, Jamie saved a young man from his truck after he crashed near Foxx’s home. After the incident, the driver Brett Kyle was charged with driving under the influence.
- In 2017, he starred as Bats, a trigger-happy gang member, in the film Baby Driver.
- In May 2018, Foxx was cast as Al Simmons in a reboot of the Spawn film franchise directed by Todd McFarlane.
- In May 2019, Jamie appeared as George Jefferson in Live in Front of a Studio Audience: Norman Lear’s All in the Family and The Jeffersons on ABC.
- In June 2020, Foxx has revealed that he would be portraying former boxer Mike Tyson in the biographical drama Finding Mike by posting a series of photos regarding the start of his physical transformation at his Instagram.