Jake Johnson is an American actor and comedian. Jake is best known for his role as Nick Miller in the Fox sitcom New Girl, for which he was nominated for the Critics Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series in 2013 and as the older Peter B. Parker/Spider-Man in the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. He also starred in Let’s Be Cops and appeared in Paper Heart, Get Him to the Greek, 21 Jump Street, Safety Not Guaranteed, Drinking Buddies, Jurassic World, The Mummy and Tag. He currently stars as Greyson Grey McConnell in the ABC drama series Stumptown.
Mark Jake Johnson Weinberger
Birthday / Date of Birth
Jake Johnson was born on the 28th of May 1978, in Evanston, Illinois, United States.
He’s currently 41 years old.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jake’s father is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family, while his mother’s ancestry is English, Irish and Polish Catholic.
Jake graduated from New Trier High School in Winnetka and started his post-secondary education at the University of Iowa. He later managed to get admission at the New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts based on the play he had written while living in Iowa City.
- Father – Ken Weinberger (Car Dealership Owner)
- Mother – Eve Johnson (Stained Glass Windows Artist)
- Siblings – Dan Johnson (Older Brother), Rachel Johnson (Older Sister)
- Relatives – Carlyle Frank Weinberger (Paternal Grandfather), Lilyan Turek (Paternal Grandmother), Edward James Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Lucille/Lucy Kopacz (Maternal Grandmother)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake Johnson has dated –
- Erin Payne (2006-Present) – Jake Johnson started dating Erin Payne in 2006. He was just starting out in Hollywood at that time. There are some other sources that suggest they started going out in 2003. They eventually got married but Johnson being a very private person hasn’t revealed their wedding date or any other details about their special day. Over the years, Payne has given birth to twins. In his June 2017 interview with Access Hollywood, he revealed that they were three and a half years old.
- In feet – 5 feet 9¼ inches
- In centimeters – 176 cm
- In meters – 1.76 m
- In Kilograms – 73 kg
- In Pounds – 161 lbs
His shoe size is 10 (US).
Jake is best known for his role as Nick Miller in the Fox sitcom New Girl (2011–18), for which he was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series in 2013 and he also starred in Paper Heart (2009), Get Him to the Greek (2010), Safety Not Guaranteed (2012), 21 Jump Street (2012), Drinking Buddies (2013), Jurassic World (2015), The Mummy (2017) and Tag (2018).
In 2008, Jake made his theatrical film debut in the action movie, Redbelt, which had Tim Allen in the starring role.
In 2007, Jake Johnson made his first TV show appearance in The N Word episode of the comedy TV series, Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Jake Johnson has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands- Dodge Dart, Hallmark, Tampax, Sony & AEO Flex/Denim.
Jake Johnson Favorites
- Favorite Drink Of Choice – Stella and Perfect Draft
- Favorite Drinking Game – Quarters
- Favorite Things To Grill – Shrimp, Salmon, Burgers, Chicken and Vegetables
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink – La Croix
- Favorite Songs – World Gone Wrong by Bob Dylan, After the Storm by Mumford and Sons, Change Is Hard by She & Him, Awake by JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound, Twins by Pass Kontrol, We’ve Got Tonight by Bob Seger
- Favorite NFL Team – Chicago Bears
- Favorite Vacation Destination – Italy
- Favorite Color – Black
Jake Johnson Net worth
Jake Johnson has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2019. Jake has been in the industry for more than a decade and has done numerous films and television series.
Social Media Profiles
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jake Johnson
- Jake was raised by his mother as a single parent. Therefore, he opted to adopt her last name while he was in high school.
- Jake loves to play basketball. He is even a member of Sunday Men’s Basketball League.
- When he got in his 20s, his biological father surfaced and since that time, he has been able to strike a close relationship with him.
- He has been named after his uncle Mark Johnson who died at the age of 26 after suffering fatal injuries in a motorcycle accident.
- Jake worked as a waiter at a local casino, which he later described as a horrible experience as he was into graveyard shifts. He also worked as a production assistant.
- In 2002, Jake managed to win the Sloan Fellowship and John Golden Playwriting Prize for screenwriting. His play Cousins was even adopted for a Broadway production.
- In 2008, Jake made his film debut when he played a cameo role in the action flick, Redbelt. The first lead role that he did was in the rom-com Paper Heart which released in 2009.
- In 2010, Johnson was cast in a small role in the Russell Brand comedy, Get Him to the Greek. He played Uma Thurman’s character’s brother in the romantic comedy Ceremony and as a buddy of Ashton Kutcher’s character in No Strings Attached.
- In 2011, he played Jesus in A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas.
- In 2012, he appeared in the film version of 21 Jump Street, which starred Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.
- In 2013, he appeared in the music video for Rouse Yourself, a song by indie-soul band JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound alongside his Safety Not Guaranteed co-star Aubrey Plaza.
- In 2013, Jake played the lead role in yet another comedy film. He starred alongside Olivia Wilde in Drinking Buddies. Jake played the role of Luke who is a colleague of Kate, played by Olivia.
- In 2018, Johnson appeared in the comedy film Tag as Randy Cilliano.
- In 2019, Johnson was cast in the lead role of Grey McConnell in The ABC drama series Stumptown. He took over the role from Mark Webber, who played the character in the pilot episode.